Profile for Jose > Reviews

Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Offered by EXTREME DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little piece of phot0-gear!, 10 April 2014
This macro attachment fits most lenses and it makes life a lot simpler (and cheaper). Instead of having to buy a macro lens, I've just stuck with this filter and I've had pretty good results. I don't think it can substitute a macro lens but it certainly comes really close to the real deal if you use it with a telephoto lens. I mostly use it with my Sony 70-300mm G lens and the Sony 35mm f/1.8 DT lens and it delivers really good photos.

I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in macro photography. It's quite tricky to get good focus but that's just because of the limited depth of field in macro photography. Be patient, use a tripod when possible and have fun with it!

Joby GripTight Mount for Smartphones
Joby GripTight Mount for Smartphones
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty much perfect!, 24 Feb 2014
This little and very portable mount is an excellent addition to photographic gear. It's very well built, provides a tight and secure fit for your phone and it comes in very handy in lots of situations.

It's very good value for money. A no-brainer!

Swissgear GA-7335-07 Granite 15.6 Inch Backpack
Swissgear GA-7335-07 Granite 15.6 Inch Backpack
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spacious multi-purpose packpack!, 24 Feb 2014
The quality and design of this back-pack is great. That's why I've given it 5 stars. It thoroughly meets the requirements for lugging around not only your Laptop, but plenty other things as well.

I love its padded shoulder straps. They're very well built and provide excellent support on your shoulders. The bag is quite spacious and has several internal pockets where you can put other things (eg. portable hard-drive, mouse, mobile phone, etc...).

I also use it as a bag for carrying the stuff I need when I go swimming or to the gym in the mornings. I haven't found any bad points in this backpack so far. It's easy to recommend this great product.

Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality, 18 Nov 2013
It is definitely worth the upgrade to this memory card. Write speed is so much faster, it works perfect. I've used it quite a bit recently shooting events and doing some burst shots and it's amazing that I can keep on shooting without lag.

Only downside is that it doesn't come with its own plastic case, but that's just a minor issue.

Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Camera Bag for CSC and DSLR - Mica
Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Camera Bag for CSC and DSLR - Mica

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag to carry basic gear around, 18 Nov 2013
I give it 5 stars based simply on its functionality, style and durability. It's an amazing piece of luggage, big enough to carry one medium sized DLSR (in my case Sony A57) with a 70-300mm G lens attached (without lens hood) plus a Sony DT35mm f/1.8 lens and a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens easily. I can even throw in an external flash unit and that would make it full but without forcing it to close.

It has even resisted moderate rain with no problem, my kit was always well protected by the bag. I would recommend it to anyone with similar kit to mine. I'm very happy with it and it looks so cool too. Of course there's also space for a couple extra lens filters, memory cards and your tablet (I don't own one).

I can't think of any major cons for this bag.

Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Sony Alpha 57 (SLT-A57)
Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Sony Alpha 57 (SLT-A57)
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but efficient protection, 9 Sep 2013
This is just a thin, plastic cover that attaches easily and provides basic but efficient protection. If you're like me (careful with your stuff) then this protector is all you need.

Overall, I'm happy with this product because it suits my needs perfectly.

Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital NDX64 Screw-in Filter
Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital NDX64 Screw-in Filter
Offered by CameraKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Filter!, 3 May 2013
This filter has finally allowed me to take some long-exposure shots in broad daylight. I've recently tried it out on a sunny day at a park and I was able to use shutter speeds as slow as 2.5 seconds at f/16. It's a great addition to the landscape or architecture photographer and I can't find any bad points for this filter.

I would absolutely recommend it.

Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 6-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie

2.0 out of 5 stars It gets smudged and dirty easily, 3 May 2013
I give it 2 stars because this product gets dirty and smudged quite easily. I suppose if you use your phone moderately and don't play games, the protector should last longer. I, however, play quite often and the protector gets smudged very easily and it's impossible to clean out the stains.
It fits very good and it's easy to apply but I'm disappointed by its durability. I think I'll use my phone without the protector. Wouldn't recommend this product.

Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack
Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars It does its job quite well, 19 April 2013
I give it four stars because despite being a good product I found that it's quite difficult to attach it on your own. I had the opportunity to try it out during a snowy day earlier this year and had it not been that my wife was with me, I wouldn't had been able to put the rainsleeve on. We were already outside and it began snowing. Of course you can put it on your own before going out but if you don't do that and go outside and the rain or snow catches you by surprise, you will most likely struggle to get this on your camera.
My camera is small. It's a Sony a33 (equivalent of a Nikon D3100) and so once the rainsleeve is on there will be quite a lot of 'unused' space because this cover is big.
However, it did protect my camera and lens from getting wet and I ended up taking some worthy shots in the snow that I wouldn't had been able to get had I not had this protective Rainsleeve.

So, if you have a smallish camera, you will probably struggle and fiddle quite a bit with it even when it's on BUT it will protect your gear.

Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Offered by The Camera Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my photographic gear!, 19 April 2013
This filter is of excellent quality. I upgraded from a generic brand one to this and I've found that I no longer have ghosting and flare, or at least they've been reduced dramatically. It works perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2