Profile for Chris K > Reviews

Chris K

Parallels Desktop 8.0 for Mac
Parallels Desktop 8.0 for Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac + Parallels = Best of both worlds, 25 Jan. 2013
Ever since I moved to Mac I regret that I haven't done it years ago. I was working on PC laptops for years (not gaming though) and because I work hard, each one of them died just after the warranty expired. I was reluctant to moving to Mac hardware platform, because I work mostly on Windows-only software. But with Parallels I know that my fear was unfounded. Not only does it a great job at running Windows OS, but it also beautifully integrates it with Mac OS X thanks to its Coherence feature - Mac and Windows blend into one and interact flawlessly. I can use web, mail, and all the nifty Mac-only programs and feature and at the same time work on my tools under Windows... but under Mac. The way it all blends together makes my MacBook Pro a super-productive tool now. And what's more, Parallels it's very resources-friently. The overhead is minimal, and additionally my Windows OS goes silently to sleep when it's not needed - freeing even more resources! Now, without Parallels I would be investing even more money in subsequent PC laptops and remain unaware of the beautiful Mac world. This is a must-have for anyone thinking seriously about ones work and aiming at productivity. I'd recommend it to anyone without thinking.