Profile for Mags > Reviews

Content by Mags

Mags

Page: 1 | 2
A Harvest of Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy)
A Harvest of Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 27 April 2014
This is the second book in the trilogy. I bought the first book A House in the Sunflowers as a Kindle Daily Deal for 99p and was hooked instantly and had to buy the next two books. It is a light-hearted biography about a family buying a holiday home in France and follows their happy times, sad times, friendships and their families growing up. I feel that I am there with them watching the changes they make to their house and garden and how they fit in with the local community. A must read set of books for anyone.

Trespass Skyhigh Snowsport Helmet (Medium  (54-58cm))
Trespass Skyhigh Snowsport Helmet (Medium (54-58cm))

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Helmet, 29 Mar 2014
I bought this helmet as I felt that though my skiing was improving I was doing harder and faster things. I felt I needed protection. I chose this helmet mainly because of the price, it looked good as well. I always thought that wearing a helmet would be heavy and uncomfortable, but it wasn't, not with this one. It was so light and comfortable that I wore it constantly even when just watching others and not actually skiing. I would recommend it to anyone as it was a good price, comfortable and looked good.

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, 22 Oct 2013
A really gripping story. It jumped back and forth in time from past to present but was easy to follow. A very good story. What makes a woman kill her husband. Although murder is wrong you can fully understand why she does it and do not feel she has done wrong. Tragic that her children will have nothing to do with her but you can sympathise with them too, this women killed their father but had given no indication that anything was wrong in their relationship. She gives up her life after her release from prison to helping other young people whose lives have gone wrong but after one young life ends tragically she gives it all up. The ending was a bit odd and sudden, leaving you to make your own conclusions about what might happen next, but any other ending would have dragged on.

When First They Met (A Cedar Cove Short Story)
When First They Met (A Cedar Cove Short Story)
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Short story, 14 Aug 2013
Was too short and did not have an understandable ending. Was disappointed. Did have first chapter of new book as bonus.

Virgin River (A Virgin River Novel - Book 1)
Virgin River (A Virgin River Novel - Book 1)
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 14 Aug 2013
Was a good story, bit too much sex, but a good read which I couldn't put down as I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I feel a bit conned into buying this book as it was a 99p kindle deal. It seems it is part of a big series all available at a much higher price and although I would like to read more it would be quite costly.

Out from Under the Polar Bear - A Romantic Comedy
Out from Under the Polar Bear - A Romantic Comedy
Price: 1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 14 Aug 2013
A good story with lots of characters which all link together well to create a plot filled with romance, excitement and a happy ending and a few tense bits in the story. Especially loved the title, this was what lured me into buying the book.

Ninepins
Ninepins
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Daily Deal, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ninepins (Kindle Edition)
Have not read it yet but I am sure it will be good. Am looking forward to reading it soon.

Anne of the Island Complete Text (Charming Classics)
Anne of the Island Complete Text (Charming Classics)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of a Series, 12 Jan 2013
Very good story, continuing on from the Anne of Green Gables Story.Good to be able to follow Annes life as she grows up.

Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
by James Finn Garner
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good gift, 12 Jan 2013
Old stories rewritten in a PC way. Some were better than others but a very good book, good for a laugh.

Fast Girls [DVD]
Fast Girls [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lenora Crichlow
Offered by Helen's Goodies
Price: 6.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift purchase, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fast Girls [DVD] (DVD)
Bought it as a gift for someone that had been waiting for it to be released. It lived up to expectations.

Page: 1 | 2