Profile for FrankS > Reviews

Content by FrankS

FrankS

Speed Solving the Cube: Easy to Follow, Step-by-step Instructions for Many Popular 3-D Puzzles
by Dan Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, but needs corrections and modification, 23 Jun 2013
The first thing you'll need to do, is update your copy of the book based on the errata, as there are quite a few typo's and errors affecting the solve sequences/ algorithms.
You can find many here: http://sc.morganisms.net/2011/12/speed-solving-the-cube-by-dan-harris-errata/ or search for "speed solving dan harris errata". I'm only 1/3 through the book and I've found other errors, which is a bit disappointing.

The second thing I'd highly recommend, is that you take your copy of the book to your nearest print/ copy services bureau, and ask them to guillotine off the glue binding, and re-bind the book with a coil or other metal spiral binding, so you can lay this book open/ flat.

I think this is the first time I've "modded" a book, but, it was essential, so that I could leave the book open flat (for reference) while I practiced the algorithms with a cube.