Profile for Lola > Reviews

Ugg Australia Women's Sheepskin Cuff Boot Sand Flat 1875Sand8 6 UK
Offered by DISCOVERY SPORT
Price: 121.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful boots, 23 Jan 2011
The sheepskin cuff boot in black. These boots are really something, honestly the most luxurious footwear I've ever worn. So comfortable and they really go with everything. The wool does get a little tangled, and I wouldn't recommend wearing them in the wet simply because they are so nice I wouldn't want to ruin them. I got a size 6 (US8) which is quite generous but there is plenty of room for tucking in jeans. These would make a lovely gift for Valentines Day.

The All American Rejects
The All American Rejects
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.16

5.0 out of 5 stars a great poppy punk album, 19 Aug 2003
These guys rock, if you like songs about love, growing up and angst, these are your blokes.
I bloody love 'em!

Set List
Set List
Offered by ErinsMusic&Media
Price: 8.65

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best live albums in a long time, 19 Aug 2003
This review is from: Set List (Audio CD)
Why is this title on order for 1-2 weeks?!! That's what I want to know. The Frames were introduced to me by friends and I went to see them in London last year in a tiny venue. It totally blew me away. I think this album captures the real essence of the frames live, a set full of old favourites and newer melodies. The uplifting "Lay Me Down" is great to listen to whilst driving down the motorway on a hot day and sets the mood for this amazing gig. "Santa Maria", "God Bless Mom" and others really do make this a gem.
The Frames make my life complete. Everyone should have a Frames album in their collection...buy buy buy!!!!!

David Gray: A Biography
David Gray: A Biography
by Michael Heatley
Price: 9.70

4.0 out of 5 stars a good midnight read..., 7 Mar 2002
On a recent trip out to Tower Records in London, i spotted this biography and thought twice about buying it. After reading the back cover, i wasnt impressed, but decided to get it as i am a huge DG fan.
The book is hard going, i found, documenting each stage from his first record, right up till his plans for the future. Most of what was said by David was re hashed from old interviews from ages ago and there wasn't much else. Towards the end of the book, was where i found it more interesting. A lot about other artists, Dave Matthews etc, who signed David to his american record label, also a bit about the Frames, but all in all a dissappointment to any hard core dg fan.
Some cool pictures, some insightfull information at times made up for this dull biography's lack of imagination.

Three to Tango
Three to Tango
Offered by petespick
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a wicked soundtrack, 8 Oct 2001
This review is from: Three to Tango (Audio CD)
As the film was great, I expected the soundtrack to be great. I was right! It has all the great catchy songs from the movie. I especially liked "That says it all" by Duncan Sheik. I've never heard of the guy but I fell in love with this track in the movie and now i cannot stop playing it. Basically this is a great album, the songs reflect lots of different emotions. Perfect!