Profile for S. Martin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Craghoppers Ikoku Wadded Women's Jacket Mid Khaki Size:18
Craghoppers Ikoku Wadded Women's Jacket Mid Khaki Size:18

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this coat!, 18 Dec 2013
I wanted a warm, waterproof, longer coat for this winter - I've always loved the parka style so as it's in fashion this year too this coat fits the bill beautifully! It's lovely and warm - haven't yet had much chance to use it in minus figures but I have high hopes it will keep me toasty! It's certainly very waterproof and the hood is nice and big - the fur trim makes the hood a bit bulky but actually that makes it very easy to grab and pull up in a hurry!

My only criticism would be that it's sized quite small - you couldn't fit too many layers under there! I'm a pear shape and it's quite a snug fit over the hips! Still, diet starts again after Christmas...

Snazaroo Face and Body Paint, 18ml, Individual Color, Classic, White
Snazaroo Face and Body Paint, 18ml, Individual Color, Classic, White
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Snazaroo face paints - great if you have sensitive skin!, 18 Dec 2013
Love the snazaroo paints! My daughter has very sensitive skin and was never able to have her face painted as a child without her face turning bright red and itchy! Since we've found snazaroo though she can now be a demon or witch again at Halloween and join in with the fun! They're a little more pricey than some smaller 'kits' buts they last for ages and stay on really well - and wash off really easily too!

Netgear DGN2200-100UKS N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

1.0 out of 5 stars Netgear router - never worked!, 18 Dec 2013
I bought this router because it was supposed to have really good parental controls - I never got to find out if it did or not, could never get it (or a replacement second one) to work! I never even got throughout the automatic setup process - I was plugged in to it directly on a laptop, occasionally I could get it to respond with a login screen, and a couple of times it would even start the genius automatic setup process, but then I could never get onto it again - tried using the IP address, tried using the logon address given in the user guide. I kept feeling that if only I could log onto it and put in the correct login details for BT than all would be fine - but if you can't login even you're stuffed! And the support? Well, classic, you have to go to their website and register your product to be able to get any support - for a company selling ROUTERS? Really? You didn't think that maybe if people were having issues with your products that would mean THEY CANT GET ONLINE? Both routers returned for refund, back to using the BT home hub, sigh. On the lookout for a reasonably priced router with good parental controls THAT WORKS. My advice, stay away from this one!

Under a Silent Moon (Detective Inspector Louisa Smith Book 1)
Under a Silent Moon (Detective Inspector Louisa Smith Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Fair Read, 25 Nov 2013
This was an interesting, different type of crime novel. The plot is mostly written from the perspective of the investigating police. At the end the author explains she used to work as an analyst in the police and then shows various graphs explaining pertinent facts from the book - a shame, it would have been really nice to see them at the time they were being referred to in the plot, not as an afterthought! I wouldn't say it was the most gripping book I've read, and I felt it could have done more to tie up/finish off some emotional aspects of the story, but an interesting read nonetheless.

AZATOM® UFO Docking station portable speaker for iPod & iPhone / Built-in High power rechargable battery / Remote Control / Unique design / Quality sound with bass port technology
Offered by 4 COOL TECHNOLOGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little portable speaker/dock, 10 Nov 2013
Bought this for my daughter with her birthday money, to replace yet another broken dock. Previous docks have not given support to the back of the iPod/phone when in position, causing too much stress on the dock and ultimately it's failure. This dock incorporates a support so I have high hopes it will last longer! I hadn't really been looking for a portable (I.e. battery operated) dock so this one having built in rechargeable batteries was an added bonus, meaning my daughter can take this wherever she likes and listen to music or her favourite - audiobooks to get to sleep! This will even come in handy camping! For its size it packs quite a punch with the volume although it is a little tinny to my ears. I don't think you could buy better in terms of build feel, size, volume and price. Daughter is so happy I've even seen her cuddling it (well, she is eleven lol!).

Bionorica Sinupret Adult Strenght Sinus + Immune System - 50 Tablets
Bionorica Sinupret Adult Strenght Sinus + Immune System - 50 Tablets
Offered by Vitamin Chaps

1.0 out of 5 stars Further import, VAT and post office handling charge £11.90, not mentioned in the ad., 26 Mar 2013
So the product arrived. I haven't tried it yet but I am unhappy and shocked.
Nothing in the product description or the ordering and payment process even hinted at a further charge of £11.90 for UK vat and further Post Office handling charge making the total cost of the product £37.90.
One very expensive packet of pills!
It would not be so bad if this was made clear in advance.

Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 Wireless All - in - One (Multifunction Inkjet Printer,Copier,Scanner and Fax)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexmark Pro901 - good for home office, 13 July 2011
I previously had a Lexmark colour laser printer but found that the replacement toner cost more than the printer! My needs were quite specific, it had to be colour, it had to do duplex (two sided) printing, and it had to be able to handle card stock - the latter one being the most difficult to do these days, it seems most printers just cannot print on card stock. The Lexmark was the first one I found that ticked all three boxes, and as I had been very impressed with the quality of my previous Lexmark I decided to give this one a go (even though I didn't actually NEED a scanner or fax machine - already having a scanner and never needing to send faxes, it seems they all come with this functionality these days!).

The set up was very easy - the front touch screen gives clear pictures telling you exactly what to do, a little bit of fiddling got it working on our wifi - as a previous review mentioned I had to remember to turn off caps lock before entering the password for our system then it was all fine. Loading all the ink cartridges was very easy and quick and it doesn't take an age re-setting itself like some of my old inkjets used to!

The quality of the print is superb, can't fault it, and I've only used cheap paper in it so far so I imagine more expensive paper would give excellent results.

It prints duplex well - pausing after the first side just long enough to allow the print to dry before taking the paper back in so no smudging - very impressed. One downside was that the duplexer doesn't handle card - the printer managed card fine, but the duplexer didn't. For me this wasn't a huge issue, for the few times I need to print two sided onto card I can ask it to do it manually - it gave clear instructions and pictures on exactly what to do to get the second side printed.
I have used it to photocopy and that worked fine - I imagine scanning will be fine too though I haven't tried that out yet. I have'nt tried faxing as I don't need it so can't comment on that.

All in all I'm very pleased (so far!), it gives a good quality print at a reasonable speed, handles duplex and card stock, and it doesn't seem that the replacement ink costs the earth either!

Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box Large
Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box Large
Offered by CWGPetSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant litter tray!, 5 May 2011
We've had the large version of the omega paw roll n clean litter tray for two weeks now. We have four cats sharing this and one other litter tray - but so far they all seem to be preferring this one (probably because it's so easy to 'scoop' that it gets cleaned out more often than the other one!) and we are certainly preferring to clean this one out! The whole process takes about a minute and is about as hygienic as you can get for cleaning out litter trays!

We've also saved on litter - we used to use a cheaper non clumping litter which had to be completely renewed at least twice a week. We now use a more expensive clumping litter (you have to use a clumping litter with this box) and have used much much less!

As soon as we can afford it I'm going to get another one to replace our other litter tray... now I need to find a use for a load of now redundant cat litter trays... suggestions anyone?!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2013 4:50 PM BST

Pass the Pigs
Pass the Pigs

5.0 out of 5 stars An all round family favourite!, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pass the Pigs (Toy)
This is a suprisingly fun game - easy for even younger kids to pick up (as long as there's someone around who can do the adding up!). This is a game that can be enjoyed by all the family or just two, at home or on the move, can't go wrong really! It's also over fairly quickly (sometimes just five minutes!) which can be handy sometimes!

Make a Bear
Make a Bear
Offered by Hooray for Toys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rewarding toy for 5 - 11 year old!, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: Make a Bear (Toy)
Bought this for my eight year old daughter who enjoys art and craft. She absolutely loved making it - it wasn't too much work (the bear itself only needs stuffing and sewing up at the back then a small amount to add the flower to the ear) then the accessories/clothing can be done at leisure - again, not too much work that the child gives up long before the project is complete! A very nice cuddly bear too, my daughter loves it - would highly recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3