Profile for Mr. G. D. Bowman > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. D. Bowman

Mr. G. D. Bowman (London)

Summer at the Lake
Summer at the Lake

3.0 out of 5 stars Different from Erica Usual Books, 2 Sep 2014
I normally get straight into one of Ericas books, but this one took longer, I found I wasn't as excited to keep reading it and it took me longer to read, I think about three quarters of the way through I started to enjoy it.

Tangled Lives
Tangled Lives

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the book, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tangled Lives (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the book but found the character Annie a bit too smug at times with all the perfect home cooking couldn't she just once have an easy cooked dinner!!

Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Don't Want To Miss A Thing

2.0 out of 5 stars it was ok, 30 Dec 2013
It was a nice book but unfortunately it didn't grip me it took me a long time to read as I found it a little bit boring. It did get going sometimes but then stopped for a while. But it had a nice happy ending.

Disney's Family Christmas
Disney's Family Christmas
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old daughter loves it!!, 17 Dec 2013
Ever since the CD arrived, my daughter insists we play it on every car journey. Great mix of festive favourites.

Toshiba HD-EP30 - HD DVD Player - With 1080P Full HD3 - Plus 2 Free HD DVD's
Toshiba HD-EP30 - HD DVD Player - With 1080P Full HD3 - Plus 2 Free HD DVD's

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great DVD Player + HDDVD the Film Fans Choice, 11 Jan 2008
Whatever happens in the so called HD/Blu war there is no getting away from the fact that this is a great dvd player and great value for money! I purchaed this unit just before Christmas and have been blown away by just how well this delivers on both HD format and Upscaled DVD.
Toshiba seem to have come up trumps with some excellent/affordable 3rd Generation players. I personally think the Warner Brothers have been a little premature with their "All Blu" annoucement. I bet a lot of people will have been swayed to take the plunge with HDDVD over the Nov/Dec period due to the reasonable price and the bonus of getting 7 free films.

In around August/September last year I had every intention of getting a dedicated blu-ray player but found them to be nearly twice the price for no real massive extra benefit. I Know the cost of the PS3 isn't too bad but didn't want one stuck under my TV in the lounge.

I don't want to come across as banging the HD drum too much, but I'm just not buying that Blu-Ray is the Far superior format. I mean the actual quality of the Movie image/sound is the virtually the same and you get plenty of fantastic extras on HD (sometimes more e.g. the "300" Disc). I'm just not clear why the extra disc storage capacity is such a beneift? It sounds to me that i would most likely be used for more annoying advertising e.g. download these ring tones at....

All I can say is if you purchased this player or any HD DVD player you won't be dissapointed at all in comparison to Blu-Ray. Plus I've read today that both Microsoft (a small company you might of heard of!) and Universal have come out with press relaeses saying they are still dedicated to the HD DVD format. So I think it seems a little premature to say that HD DVD is the loser.

Finally - Transformers The 80's Cartoon out on Blu-Ray...... why would anyone want this in HD?

Adept (Adept Series)
Adept (Adept Series)
by Robert Finn

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable Read, 17 Jan 2005
This review is from: Adept (Adept Series) (Paperback)
I bought this book on impulse after being intrigued by reviews suggesting a thriller similar to the style of "The Da Vinci Code." The pacing and style is not really the same but the way you become more and more drawn in as the situation gets more perilous for the lead characters is similarly gripping.
Although this is not a work of literary genius - it wouldn't pretend to be. Rather, it is 'a superior potboiler', and in that category I would unhesitatingly give it 5 stars. Well drawn characters, humour and at times fantastically brooding atmosphere. All in all a great read and I'm looking forward to his next novel!