Profile for L. Parkes > Reviews

Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by The Entertainment Warehouse
Price: 19.60

4.0 out of 5 stars I Just Bluth'd Myself, 22 Mar 2014
Whilst it is true that the season starts off a little slowly/awkwardly, it soons picks up and we're back to the familiar Bluth family that we all know and love. Season 4 ended up becoming one of my favourite seasons due to the character development (seeing Michael as being as manipulative as the rest of his family, seeing GOB more humanised as he comes to terms with both his sexuality and his generally screwed up life etc) and although most people didn't like the "fragmented", one-storyline approach, I actually think it gave the show a chance to focus on the individual family members more deeply, which was something I appreciated having fallen in love with these (admittedly awful) characters throughout the first three seasons. I suppose I can understand why people didn't like the fourth season, but I am not one of those people. I urge you to stick with it for a few episodes and you'll soon be laughing just as much as you were throughout seasons one to three!

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo 3DS)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by The Game Collection
Price: 13.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Jan 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First of all, all of the one star reviews revolve around people complaining about this game not working on their system, so let me say this before I start: THIS GAME WILL ONLY WORK ON A NINTENDO 3DS CONSOLE. It will not work on a DSi, DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, toaster, or anything other electronic equipment you may have hanging around your home.

Without spoilers, I adored this game. It is a fantastic continuation of the Professor Layton series, and the 3D only adds to that. The puzzles are challenging yet rewarding, and the story itself is as beautiful as we have come to expect from the series. I bought myself a 3DS solely to play this game, and it was definitely worth it. (For people complaining, you can pick up a used one right here on Amazon for around 90, which is definitely worth it for all of the 3DS's improved features.)

If you are a fan of the series or simply someone curious to jump into the world of Layton, I highly recommend this game. But please don't buy it if you don't own a 3DS! Please.

Cross of Honour [DVD]
Cross of Honour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rupert Grint
Price: 3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Cross of Honour [DVD] (DVD)
A beautiful film about the lesser-seen parts of war: friendship and companionship between forced rivals. With stunning performances by the whole cast (especially Lachlan Nieboer!) this poignant, moving film certainly deserves a watch. An unknown gem.

Regiment 14: War & Cake
Regiment 14: War & Cake
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 31 July 2012
A unique tale that effortlessly blends several genres to form one seriously different piece of writing. A great read for someone who's sick of genre conventions, and wants something new!

Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World: Volume 7 (Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World: Volume 7 (Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World)
by Kazuki Takahashi
Price: 5.48

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Finish, 23 April 2009
A great ending to a great manga series!
I won't give too much away, but the emotions are portrayed so well in this tear-jerking conclusion!
I would recommend this to any Yu Gi Oh! or general anime/manga fan for it's great storyline and artwork.