Profile for Rob > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Extreme Hatred
Extreme Hatred

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal Thrash, 24 Feb 2012
This review is from: Extreme Hatred (Audio CD)
This album was made in the year 2000 and what a way to start the 21st century with a dose of some seriously brutal thrash metal. I like all the tracks, especially Extreme Hatred, Circle of The Flesh and Act of Lunacy. I like the album from start to finnish, the speed and brutality is relentless! The guitars shred non stop, the drumming is awesome plenty of double bass and the vocals are harsh and menacing. This is kind of like border line Death/Thrash metal. If you like brutal thrash metal like Demolition Hammer, Sepultura, Kreator, Sodom and Slayer etc then your gonna love this. This album kicks major ass and will have you head banging all te way. 5 stars easy. A true masterpiece. Get this now!!

Clubbed [Blu-ray] [2008]
Clubbed [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Colin Salmon
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 7.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmal, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: Clubbed [Blu-ray] [2008] (Blu-ray)
I can't believe this has a average rating of 4 and a half stars! This is one of the worst films I have ever seen. The casting and acting is terrible. None of the characters are believable. The story is pretty rubbish too. I felt myself cringing all the way through and couldn't wait for it to end. I have read the book Watch my Back and there are some bits taken from this book but it does nothing to help the fact that this film is a pile of steaming crap. The high light of the film is seeing Geoff Thompson in the background in a couple of scenes. I will be selling my copy as soon as possible. Read the book. This got a 27% rating on rotten tomatoes if you don't believe me!

Hellig Usvart
Hellig Usvart
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Un Black Metal, 29 Dec 2009
This review is from: Hellig Usvart (Audio CD)
Ok if it weren't for the lyrics you would think that this was any old black metal band. Wrong! This is Un Black Metal which has the same characteristics of black metal BUT the lyrics are about chritianity! You wouldn't know the difference at all if it wasn't for the lyrics sheet which may sound a bit confusing. Its raw, aggressive and cold just like black metal! Jayson Sherlock who fronts this one man band is also from the Christian Death Metal band Mortification and also Christian Doom Metal band Paramaecium. It looks like the guy wants to have a go at christianizing every genre of metal! By the way I am not religious and don't really care about the lyrics but do about the music which is very good quality. This album pissed off the black metal community in a big way and death threats were even made to Mr Sherlock who went by the name of Anonymous. Buy this very good controversial album and other Jayson Sherlock projects.

Into The Grave
Into The Grave
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Grave, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: Into The Grave (Audio CD)
Wow what a remarkable album this one is. It is from 1991 when Death Metal was still in its infancy and when the Swedish scene was fast advancing. This album has a raw production and has a bit of a muddy sound to it which makes it sound sort of like a demo. But this isn't a problem for me as it makes the band seem more obscure and underground. This album has obtained classic status over the years and I can see why, it really was ground breaking for the time it was released upon the world! You need this if your into Death Metal. Just wished I could get one of their damn t shirts! Hail Grave \m/

Dominion VIII
Dominion VIII
Price: 10.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Grave is back and better then ever!, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: Dominion VIII (Audio CD)
Grave is finally back and with a fantastic new album which sounds just as good as their early material but with a more modern approach. Although the sound is old school the new album is definately more brutal and catchy then the last few albums. This is Grave's best album since the early 90's!! Essential if your a Grave fan \m/

We Are War
We Are War

5.0 out of 5 stars We are War, 25 Aug 2009
This review is from: We Are War (Audio CD)
Ok I admit I am no satanist nor am I religous for that matter but man do I like black metal especially when it sounds raw and grim like this does. This is 12 monster tracks of black metal exstasy, no keyboards or synthesizers just guitars, drums, screaching vocals and raw production. Every single track is absolutely brilliant, evil and brutal. This super group which features members of other well known black metal bands have come together to make one of the best black metal albums of the 90's. This is classic satanic black metal. You need this album!!!

You'll Never See
You'll Never See
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally Deceased, 25 Aug 2009
This review is from: You'll Never See (Audio CD)
Did you enjoy Grave's debut "Into the Grave"? If yes chances are you will really like this one too! The first thing I noticed when I played this cd was the better production. The guitars still give off that Swedish buzz saw sound at a mid pace speed. The vocals are clearer and sound better then before still keeping its brutal signature. I am not saying this album is better than their first because I really liked the raw sound their debut gave off. There is no filler material here, my favourite songs are the title track and "Brutally Deceased". I think this was there last album before they changed their style a bit and is essential if you like the Swedish death metal scene. 5 stars easy, this one's a must people!!!

Cranial Impalement
Cranial Impalement
Price: 15.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant debut, 25 Aug 2009
This review is from: Cranial Impalement (Audio CD)
Do you like brutal death metal that is not overly technical? If the answer is yes than you can't go wrong with this cd. This is a collection of Disgorge's first two demos and man do they jam like hell! Matti Way's ultra guttural vocals are a big high light, he doesn't sound like every other death metal vocalist as his style is very distinctive. The guitars shred consistently through out and will have you head banging along whilst the drummer's blast beats rhythmically without sounding tedious and the double bass is nice and punchy. I like all the songs here and this album made me go off and buy their whole discography! This one is a must have if you like br00tal death metal!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 11:44 PM GMT

Mistaken for Dead
Mistaken for Dead
Offered by groove_temple
Price: 10.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Resurrection is back finaly!, 8 May 2009
This review is from: Mistaken for Dead (Audio CD)
The legendary Resurrection are back with another album after 15 years! The question you are probably asking yourself is wether this is as good or better than their classic album Embalmed Existence. The answer is no and I think the majority of fans would agree. The songs are just not as catchy and memorable as before except for a few. The Vocals are still good but are more screamed this time round and the lyrics don't resemble themes you would associate with death metal at times. The dark atmosphere from before is also gone. However, this is one of the best albums of the year and is mandatory for fans of this band. I bought this cd on impulse from hearing "Buried Alive" which is the best track in my opinion.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money, 8 May 2009
These earphones are great, the sound quaility is excellent and they are cheap. They are also quite good for isolating noise. Need I say more? Don't waste any more time, just buy this now! The down side is that they're durability isnt very long. They might last 3-4 months if your lucky. I don't know why they can't make earphones that last!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4