Profile for GH26 > Reviews

GH26

Salt: A Post-Apocalyptic Mystery
Salt: A Post-Apocalyptic Mystery

3.0 out of 5 stars Summer reading list, 24 Aug 2014
Decent read - was recommended by a friend. Not my most favourite book ever but really engaging throughout

Scotch Advanced Tape Glider Refills-.25"X36 Yards 2/Pkg
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider Refills-.25"X36 Yards 2/Pkg
Offered by COMAND STRIPS WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Aug 2014
Love this tape for scrapbooking and card making.

Gabor Womens Toye Med S Boots 95.609.17 Black Suede (Micro) 5 UK, 38 EU
Gabor Womens Toye Med S Boots 95.609.17 Black Suede (Micro) 5 UK, 38 EU
Offered by Charles Clinkard

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Boots but too small, 24 Aug 2014
Sadly had to send these boots back - great quality, decent suede and nice soft feeling. Good quality zip too. However way too small. I ordered a 5 which is my regular size but think 5.5 might have been better. Length wise they only just reached the top of my calf and were very tight. I'm 5ft 11. Not for me

The Hunger Games: Movie Tie-in Edition
The Hunger Games: Movie Tie-in Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read this book, 29 Mar 2012
This time last week I had not heard of the Hunger Games trilogy. I was happy and content in my oblivious state too but it all changed very quickly! My Facebook page went Crazy on Saturday with talk about the movie and how fantastic it was, how it was true to the books and generally there was a buzz in the virtual atmosphere! My curiousity was aroused and I googled "Hunger Games", saw there were books available and so downloaded the first to my Kindle.

I started reading the first book on Sunday morning and by Sunday night I had completely devoured it. My housework did not get completed and dinner was more than a bit late. Where on earth was this series hiding and why had I not heard of it before now?

The whole story is so well thought out, rounded characters, brilliant use of the English Language, imaginative and simply an enthralling pleasure to read. Don't be fooled that these books are aimed at Teens - I'm 32 and loved it. I loved it so much that I downloaded the other two books in the series immediately - I had to find out what happens to the characters and follow them on their quest. I had a bit of a late night Sunday and then during my hour lunch break for the next couple of days finished the second book which is just as captivating. I'm starting the third tonight, but am sure I will be sad to see it end.

If you only read one book this year, please make it this one - you really won't be disappointed. I can't stop raving about these books to my friends and colleagues and I had to come on here and write a review to tell you to read it too!
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2014 7:44 PM GMT