Profile for Gary > Reviews

Gary

James Bond: Ultimate Roger Moore [DVD] [1973]
James Bond: Ultimate Roger Moore [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Roger Moore
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Roger Moore collection, 17 May 2014
The films are brilliant but I had to send my box set back 3 times because a single DVD wouldn't work in my DVD player. It must have been a batch fault because it was always the same DVD. It was very annoying having to check 7 bond films.

That said the films are brilliant. Well ok 5 are brilliant while you put up with Moonraker and Octopussy......

Palm Springs Visa Mens Golf Clubs Hybrid 18° Reg Mrh
Palm Springs Visa Mens Golf Clubs Hybrid 18° Reg Mrh

4.0 out of 5 stars 18 degrees, highly handicapped golfer, 17 May 2014
For a long time I have struggled to take long clubs from the ground with my only consistent club being my 4 iron. My 3 iron works ok providing the lie in generous and my 2 iron is from the tee only. My 3 wood which again for me is a Tee shot/generous lie but only par 5s are long enough to warrant that club for the second shot and I never get the desired lies to use it.

I needed something which I could hit from the fairway/ verge to slot in just past my 3 iron to replace my 2 iron. I have taken this club out on the course one the driving range once. My current set of clubs are very old and this club is probably hitting them a little too far and I perhaps should have gone for the higher lofted version. That said it is a easy club to hit with good height on the ball. I know have to learn to use it properly. It feels more like a wood than an iron. I have problems yet about the build quality and the head cover is very smart compared to my tatty 15+ year old bat covers .

York Weight Training Gloves - Large
York Weight Training Gloves - Large

1.0 out of 5 stars to thick, 31 Oct 2013
I got these gloves to solve my problem of sweaty hands when doing dead-lifts. However the thick neoprene doesn't allow me to grab the barbell fully and I abandoned them instantly in training.

They would be fine for other pulling exercises such as lat pulls and chin ups you don't use your thumb as much. But for dead-lifting they were very annoying. They would also be fine for pushing like bench press.

F1 2013 (PS3)
F1 2013 (PS3)
Offered by S6 entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Formula 1 game with additional content, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
The 2013 edition for the codemasters series has long been awaited by me. I have previously bought the 2011 game. So when I compare this game to previous games I am referring to 2011.

The F1 teams and tracks are present from the formula 1 2013 season. The game kicks off in the young drivers test at Abu Dhabi where you have to complete a series of tests. These test start off very simple and get progressively get more complicated but were rather addictive to get a good medal (gold, silver or bronze).
Like 2011 this game holds a comfortable middle ground between simulator and arcade game. If anything this game is slightly more arcade like than 2011 as the driving model is prone to more under-steer relative to 2011. The over-steer moments are easier to catch within this game even when the driver aids are switched off. That said it is still very challenging (and rewarding) to control the car around a hot lap of your chosen circuit.

Because of the under steering car behavior I have found myself balancing the car towards the front in the car set up options. I was a little disappointed that the car set up model rewards drivers to run with very low down force set ups; on tracts which really shouldn’t be suited. I have seen on youtube of extremely competitive lap times being generated at Abert Park with minimal wing setting which just wouldn’t be possible in the real world. On the 2011 version I would run down force towards the max to keep the car on the track as I struggled for traction but that is not a problem on this game. On the plus side car suspension set up seems more critical for effecting tyre degradation which is simulating real life in 2013 season. Doing a race over 25% percent race distance with only one stop is very unlikely from what I have seen. Locking and spinning wheels is punished on this game which increased its realistic qualities. On the note of race distance I was a little disappointed to see that the options have been reduced compared to 2011. Now only3 laps, 5 laps, 25%, 50%, 100% remain. In 2011 I would use the 20% or 30% model. I guess now I will be using 50% and using the fantastic in mid race save option now available. This means the setting sun at the track of Abu Dhabi will be witnessed more than once on this game.

In single player this game has much more competitive AI game play. With the AI drivers are much more opportunistically trying to overtake you if you leave them a chance. The rules have also been adjusted to be more realistic. For example you can no longer change the car set up between qualifying and the race as the cars go into parc ferme. There is the usual grand prix mode where you can chose to race as your favourite driver and career mode. In Career you drive as yourself getting contracts from different teams after the young drivers test and depending on how well you have driven you may progress your career into other teams. Season challenge is a new mode in single player which I am yet to explore. But it appears that you select drivers as rivals and attempt to beat them. I am guessing that you have the chance to take their seats (and better cars) moving up the ranks in one season (reminds me of Ayton Sena Super Monaco grand prix on the sega megadrive ).

To be perfectly honest I bought this game because 2011 was becoming dead online. Online at the moment this game appears to be a hit with multiple people racing. If you like racing real people who make mistakes and real personalities then it is a lot of fun. Online the usual party 3 lap modes remain and custom grand prix, where you can chose how realistic a race you want from driver AIDs to damage and rule limitations. Co-Op still remains but you need to find a friend who wants to complete a whole season with you going through the practice sessions and qualifying.

This game was hyped by the classic content. I bought the standard edition and have no intention of paying MORE money for the 90s and 00 cars. I have driven the 80s cars and they are a lot of fun feeling very different from the high downs force counter parts of today. This is a fantastic idea to bring back cars and classic tracts which have been missed for many years. I see this as becoming a standard feature in the future games.

This is a very nitpicky review as I am a massive formula one fan. In all it is a very enjoyable game to play. Codemasters face a difficult line to tread between the hardcore F1 fans and people who want to dip their toe into the high octane world of formula 1.

BLACK CAST IRON/STEEL MIX 105CM CHIMENEA CHIMINEA WITH SWING OUT GRILL FOR BBQ
BLACK CAST IRON/STEEL MIX 105CM CHIMENEA CHIMINEA WITH SWING OUT GRILL FOR BBQ
Offered by Oxford Barbecues

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product shame about the build quility, 22 July 2013
I have only seen one chiminea working but I have fiddled with many at garden centers. The build quality is exactly the same as the others I have viewed. Unfortunately that doesn't make it good. It is nothing massive just small things which for me has pulled the rating down. For example the front grid to get into the fire needs to be fastened loosely otherwise the door doesn't sit flush in the door frame. Every time I open the door it bugs me that you can feel the nuts are loose as their is a lot of vertical movement. When you pay £90 (which is better than most garden centres) you expect a certain level of build quality which my mind was slightly better than this product gives. If I were to design this product I would also make it easier to empty the ask as you have to scoop it out which can be a slightly messy job.

We have a small garden but I didn't want to buy the smallest in the range as when seated I thought the smoke would go in every bodies face, so I thought the little bit of height would be good. This product gives a little bit of height without being overbearing in our small garden. Also the BBQ function isn't on the smaller versions, I haven't cooked anything on it and you wouldn't be able to cook much. But you would be able to cook a pair or sausages or burgers if you are a couple but not a family. It is a good size and capable of having a fair fire but not at the same time as cooking food. It is very easy to get fires going as it has a good design of placing the fuel on a grid which allows plenty of oxygen to get to the fire. The whole container gets very hot when the fire is going, so if you have small children you would have to be very careful. It also radiate a nice level of heat. I have burnt a lot of paper and charcoal and I look forward to putting some wood in as I think this would suite it best giving a better flame / heat ratio. It looks very attractive when going in a summers evening and becomes a focal point when chatting to friends in the diminishing light.

I have used this product over a paper shredder as it is more fun to play with fire than to be shouting at a machine which needs a 5 minute cool down period when you put a sheet of paper into it which a 1mm too thick.

Over all this is a product which is very nice a present, it has been used many times in the two weeks I have had it and it will be used for a long time to come.

3.5 stars would be my ideal rating

La Hacienda 60534 Large Deluxe Chimenea Rain Cover - Green
La Hacienda 60534 Large Deluxe Chimenea Rain Cover - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't tested if it is watch proof, 22 July 2013
It green and it fits over my 105cm chimenea. Handing little cord at the bottom to stop it blowing off in the wind.

Hopefully it is water proof but I haven't tested that yet. I will give it the benefit of the doubt and say it probably is :)

Little Fockers [DVD]
Little Fockers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy sequal, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Little Fockers [DVD] (DVD)
Many people I speak to didn't like this film but I liked it. I saw it at the cinema and was a film I enjoyed with my girlfriend so I bought it for her birthday.

Similar funny business which happens in the previous films, defiantly worth a watch

Meet The Parents [DVD] [2000]
Meet The Parents [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Stiller's best film, 22 July 2013
Awkward comedy about a male nurse with an unfortunate name meeting his girlfriends parents for the first time. The dad (Robert De Niro) of the daughter is an Ex government agent which does all kinds of strange over the top thing to protect his daughter and Ben Stiller's character just makes more and more mistakes as the film progresses.

Very funny comedy in my opinion probably Ben Stillers best

Magnum PI - Series 2 [DVD]
Magnum PI - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Magnum P.I.

4.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Magnum PI - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my dad for something to watch on Saturday afternoons. He says he is really enjoying reliving the 80s. This box set in worth many hours of fun in a style of TV you don't get anymore. As it is present I haven't actually seen it so cannot comment much about it. But my dad has an allotted 45 minute gap each Saturday, specially for an episode of Magnum PI.