Profile for susie blue sky > Reviews

Content by susie blue sky

susie blue sky "blue sky" (essex uk)

Loving Lefties: How to Raise Your Left-Handed Child in a Right-Handed World
Loving Lefties: How to Raise Your Left-Handed Child in a Right-Handed World
by Jane M. Healey

4.0 out of 5 stars haven't read it either, 16 Mar. 2008
I too am a leftie with a leftie mum. I liked the previous review who also had not read it, but a balance of info is always good. Lefties learn differently, we need to see the whole concept before we can understand the parts, so school can be frustrating for us as we can appear to learn more slowly. Our intelligence can then be underestimated and we can be judged to be less clever than we are.
I have lots of specialist left handed stuff, like scissors, knives, corkscrew. But other than that I got on well. Sport was a problem in certain areas, I was good at it and putting a leftie in a relay race with righties means that the baton gets dropped at the change overs.
Not all lefties have the advantage of having leftie support within the family and I expect these books are aimed at them. Great.
I think being a leftie is why I find learning dance routines impossible. I need to see the overview first as breaking it down into bits is too hard. Bizzarely.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2010 4:58 PM GMT

Dance Floor Workout [DVD] [2007]
Dance Floor Workout [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Dance Floor Workout

2.0 out of 5 stars could not keep up, 7 Feb. 2008
I bought this as the reviews were good. I did like the dancer who leads the exercise and I could hear what she said very clearly. I liked the warm up and cool down, and I could keep up with that.
However the dance bit, even with the 'how to do it' I could not keep up and it just made me feel so disappointed.
I feel that, like the Pineapple Everybody dance, it is trying to fit too much in. It would take me ages to learn this and I don't have time to put this much effort into something. I just want an easily learnt workout that i can get on with. So unfortunately, I can't use it. Shame. If this dancer does a simpler one I might be interested.

Pineapple Studios - Everybody Dance [DVD]
Pineapple Studios - Everybody Dance [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paulette Minott
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars couldn't keep up, 7 Feb. 2008
I bought this because it was highly rated and I JUST WANT TO WORK OUT. I was spitting feathers after the first three 'eights' as I could not keep up. It was way too fast for me, I cannot learn that fast. I just want something I can DO. I was really disappointed with this.
All I want is a nice easy Jane Fonda one to do but they don't make them for English DVDs anymore. I thought from the reviews it would be easy. I could spend an hour just learning the first three 'eights'.
I'm sure if someone is capable of keeping up then it is great, but not for me.