Profile for NW John > Reviews

Content by NW John

NW John

Deep Down (A Jack Reacher short story) (Jack Reacher Short Stories Book 2)
Deep Down (A Jack Reacher short story) (Jack Reacher Short Stories Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Dec. 2014
As usual, a suspense-filled page turner

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, good price, 17 Nov. 2013
Simple, clean lines, and well made. It's by no means a fashion statement but, if all you are looking for is a classic black case that protects your kindle and isn't too expensive, this ticks all the boxes!

ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
Offered by Always Open Always

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in daytime, less so at night, 17 Nov. 2013
Used on London commute. Stands up to weather, picture quality is excellent and, when used with helmet strap, feels sufficiently light not to notice it too much on your head. During winter evenings, the fidelity is a little less impressive and I wouldn't imagine that it would work too well in unlit lanes but, for the price, is a great piece of kit

Contour Vented Helmet Mount 2550
Contour Vented Helmet Mount 2550

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but a tad expensive, 17 Nov. 2013
If you have a Contour and want to stick it on your bike helmet, then you don't really have much choice. It works perfectly well though, dependent on the vent shapes in your helmet, the straps may need tightening or readjusting from time to time. Main gripe is cost for what is really a few bits of plastic and a synthetic strap. I suppose if you wanted a contour in the 1st place, you should be prepared to pay the price and - after all - it still looks way better than the GoPro!

Casio EF-539D-1AVEF Edifice Men's Watch with Analogue Display and Bracelet
Casio EF-539D-1AVEF Edifice Men's Watch with Analogue Display and Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 17 Nov. 2013
I've got a g shock and a TAG too and like them as well but this has the edge. As well as looking good, it has simple controls - I always take the g shock manual with me when I travel as changing the time setting is a chore - plus I know I won't be paying a ridiculous amount when servicing or changing the battery like with the TAG. Watches are clearly a subjective choice in terms of looks but this one's for me and I like it!

Caseflex iPhone 5S Case Black Split Leather Flip Cover
Caseflex iPhone 5S Case Black Split Leather Flip Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 17 Nov. 2013
Light, stylish, hardy and practical. I wasn't looking for anything funky - just a classic flip style case - and it ticks all the boxes. I used to be a Blackberry user and had a black wallet style case, mainly to protect it whilst having it in my back pocket whilst cycling. I bough this for same reason and it achieves the same result. Would recommend to anyone.