Profile for supernan61 > Reviews

supernan61

Leaving Time
Leaving Time

3.0 out of 5 stars None, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Leaving Time (Kindle Edition)
I am halfway through this book and struggling to stay focused enough to finish it. What is really bugging me the most is how Jenna has total recall of everything that she and everyone else said and did when she was only three years old. Really? I don't think so.

The Unwanted Wife (The Unwanted Series)
The Unwanted Wife (The Unwanted Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars The unwanted wife, 4 July 2014
Words fail me. Total trash. Never again will I buy one of Amazon's cheap kindle offers. Couldn't even bring myself to finish reading it, it was so dire.

Do the Birds Still Sing in Hell? - He escaped over 200 times from a notorious German prison camp to see the girl he loved. This is the incredible true story of Horace Greasley

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 16 Jan. 2014
I enjoyed this book immensely even though at times it seemed a bit far fetched but apparently it was all verified by records and eye witness accounts. My only criticisms are that when Horace was trying to get a radio signal he mentioned not being able to hear a word, not even from Churchill or the Queen, surely that would have been the King. The other mistake I noticed was that the book said the prisoners were liberated in May 1944, which should obviously have been 1945, probably just a typographical error. Forgive me, I am a very critical reader with an eye for detail. Other than that a gripping story that draws you in from the start, with very graphic and harrowing descriptions of events. I almost felt as if I were there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 8:29 PM GMT

Strictly Ann: The Autobiography
Strictly Ann: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars ENJOYABLE READ, 7 Jan. 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Ann gave a very clear picture of what goes on in parliament and did not shy away from giving a frank and honest opinion of some well known figures. She was not afraid to name names. I hold many similar views on some of the subjects she discussed, including abortion, gay marriage and women priests.Alas, I fear we may be crying in the wilderness, as people of our generation who try to speak out are regarded as old fashioned and out of touch.

Isobel's Story (Swallowcliffe Hall Book 3)
Isobel's Story (Swallowcliffe Hall Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars None, 14 Nov. 2013
Quite enjoyed this book, however I would just like to point out that I don't think ambulances and police cars in this country would have sounded sirens in 1939. I believe they still had bells then.

THE TEA DRESS SHOP AT CHRISTMAS (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 1)
THE TEA DRESS SHOP AT CHRISTMAS (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Comedy?, 24 Sept. 2013
A well written book but with no substance, no storyline and absolutely no plot.Very light on either romance or comedy. It was like a very bad Mills and Boon. Quite frankly I am surprised the author was able to get it published. Drivel.

This Boy
This Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 19 May 2013
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It brought back so many memories of my own childhood. Although I grew up in south east London and am about 8 years older than Alan, we still suffered the same deprivations, no bathroom, no heating, outside toilet and urine bucket in the bedroom. Our family, however did have a whole 3 bedroom house to ourselves albeit rented from an absentee landlord who did nothing to improve our situation, and we had both parents, who didn't drink, smoke or gamble. Times were still hard though with seven mouths to feed and never any new clothes or shoes to our name and how well I remember the embarrassment of trying to have a strip wash every morning at the sink in a cold scullery with a bare stone floor with other members of the family sometimes barging in before I'd finished. Our house was never clean and tidy because our mother was absolutely hopeless at all things domestic, so we lived in absolute squalour. A world away from life today.

To Catch A Dream (The Breckton Trilogy)
To Catch A Dream (The Breckton Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectations, 4 Sept. 2012
Not a bad story but very poorly written. Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors galore.Far too many unnecessary commas and apostrophes all over the place and the name Makepeace occurred several times on the same page with a different spelling. Where was the proof reader????
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2012 8:36 AM BST

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

1.0 out of 5 stars 50shades of utter trash, 24 July 2012
I didn't even get to any of the so called erotic bits. I was so put off by the amateurish style of writing that after the first few pages I decided to check the reviews in case it was just me being my usual critical self and my oh my oh my I found that eveyone else was in total agreement with me. I will make sure in future that I read the reviews before downloading to my kindle. I am baffled as to how this book ever got published. And who was responsible for all hype? The pathetic writer I suppose.

Nobody's Girl
Nobody's Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Story, badly written, 2 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Nobody's Girl (Kindle Edition)
A good story, a little far-fetched at times, especially the 'Bessie visions'. It was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and a lot of the dialogue used contained too many modern day expressions, which I don't remember people using in the '50s. Kitty Neale needs to look for a more competent proof reader. Also thought her style of writing was rather poor, some of the chapters didn't seem to have a beginning or end and jumped from one scene to another without even a paragraph break.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2014 4:06 PM BST