Profile for truckdriver4roads > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Vax Air Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax Air Cordless Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think about it. Buy It!, 23 April 2015
I was having trouble choosing between this Vax and the supposedly German engineered Bosch Athlet. Both are built in the RPC - as are most things these days - as both have good reviews. I plumped for the Vax mainly on price, two batteries and the 6 year warranty. It arrived the day after ordering on a free delivery from Amazon and assembly was a five minute job. There was some life in the battery but I decided to fully charge it first. Whilst this was taking place I did a vacuum round the house with my Dyson stick upright. I had been reasonably pleased with the results from the Dyson but wanted a cordless vacuum. After the Vax battery was charged I set off. First impressions were that it was a tad noisy but very light and easy to use and having no cord was a delight. After completing the previously vacuumed house I was delighted to find that the Vax did have a substantial amount of dust and solids in the canister.
I am writing this review after a month of daily of use and cannot praise it enough. It is light manoeuvrable and effective. I tend to have the brush bar on all the time and the battery lasts two days on a daily three bed semi vacuum . Once a week I let the battery run down completely before recharging. I haven't used the hand tool as I find that holding the unit in one hand and the other at the back of the head and a light pressure is more effective at cleaning the stairs.
After a month of daily use I cannot find anything worth complaining about. It threw me the first time the overheat control on the head switched the unit down and I had to wait 10 minutes for it to reset itself. But that was on a long haired throw rug which I now clean with the beater bar off so avoiding that particular problem.
My advice? If you require a cordless vacuum cleaner then this unit seems to tick all the slots. I thoroughly recommend it and that is not something I do lightly. I try to be impartial and honest in my reviews and, if something doesn't do what it says on the tin, then I say so. For my hard earned money, The Vax cordless vacuum is a Ronseal deal.

The Life of a Middle East Trucker
The Life of a Middle East Trucker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been better., 22 Mar. 2015
An interesting account of Middle east haulage in the 70's. Having been on the same run myself I know what was involved and can have the same pride in having "been there and done that". But the entire book was marred for me by the spelling mistakes and general layout of the book. Full marks for Alan Brown for writing it but, with spell checking so easy nowadays, there is little excuse for the glaring mistakes that, after a while, began to grate on my nerves. It would be wise for the author to revise his work and then re-issue it as a complete and properly finished book.

Murder At United Stadium
Murder At United Stadium

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long for a short story, 12 Mar. 2015
For a short story it is too long. The sentences are lengthy and laboured and the plot easily sussed. The writing style is full of "trusty sidekick" and similar old fashioned terms. But it is only 22 pages.

Oh GRUMPS!  3: The Tooth Fairy: Volume 3
Oh GRUMPS! 3: The Tooth Fairy: Volume 3
by Dave Furlong

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter enjoys these books, 17 Feb. 2015
I got the first two books for my daughter and she kept asking if there was a new one. She is just at the reading stage and this book is easy for her to read without being too babyish. The Oh Grumps! books are well written for the age bracket they are aimed at. They are funny and very interesting in combining the modern day with a magical fairytale story. It is hard to image that the same author writes hard fiction books for truck drivers as well. I contacted him to say how much my daughter enjoyed the books. He said that was their purpose: to give children the same love and interest in books that he had from a young age. It was a nice sentiment.

The Allotmenteers
The Allotmenteers
by Dave Furlong

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and well written, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Allotmenteers (Paperback)
An interesting book centred around an English allotment. I am more used to reading about trucks and truckers from this author although he does write children's books as well. I wasn't quite sure how this book would pan out but it grabbed my attention from page one. It was funny and well written with an interesting ending. I liked it

Eyekepper Aviator Style Metal Frame Spring Hinges Reading Glasses +2.50
Eyekepper Aviator Style Metal Frame Spring Hinges Reading Glasses +2.50
Offered by Eyekepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item for the money, 11 Jan. 2015
Excellent item for the money. More impressive is the fact I ordered on a Friday and they arrive the net day.

Fire DVD - Light The Box
Fire DVD - Light The Box
Dvd ~ Light The Box
Offered by lightthebox

5.0 out of 5 stars First of all I must mention the excellent service from the vendor, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Fire DVD - Light The Box (DVD)
First of all I must mention the excellent service from the vendor. Ordered on Sunday evening, arrived Tuesday morning. The idea of fake flames as a kiddology effect might seem a little off but works very well. Just listening to the sound effect and seeing the realistic flames brings instant cheer on these winter nights. I put a monitor in our empty fireplace and just played from our dvd player. Many of our guests thought it was real at first and all liked the idea and the effect. Highly recommended product.l

Sol3 Mio
Sol3 Mio
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my better buys and thoroughly recommended, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sol3 Mio (Audio CD)
First heard these guys singing The Rose on morning tv. Given that it was live, it was most impressive and moved me to tears. Sent off for the cd right away and haven't regretted it. I just play it over and over again. Not normally my genre of music -I only have two kinds Country AND Western - but I have been converted. I guess it's the simplicity of the backing and the harmony that makes this cd so outstanding. One of my better buys and thoroughly recommended.

BW® Infrared Illumination Light with 48 IR LEDs for Night Vision CCTV Camera - Silver
Offered by BW Corp

3.0 out of 5 stars Source from UK supplier for quick delivery, 29 Nov. 2014
This is the third I have. Three different suppliers but identical unit from each. Works well for me. I can definitely see the difference. Yes they run hot but it is a lot of leds in a thin metal case. My real point is the need to shop around for these items. I ordered the 1st from a China supplier. It arrived in 10 days and cost just around £9 My second was from what I thought was a UK supplier and cost £7 (ish). It wasn't as I found when I read the extremely small and well hidden Hong Kong location of the supplier YKS 48.. Ordered on the 17th October and had to wait until the supply limit date of 18th November to be certain the item wasn't arriving. To be fair, there was no hesitation in giving me a refund.,. I then ordered from BW at a cost of £9.99 each -including free delivery - because it was UK sourced. The items arrived 5 days later. Well worth the extra £2 to get the items so promptly.
So, for me, the lights work, are good value even at the £9.99 price but for a quick delivery shop around. I can certainly recommend BK for its speedy delivery.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Personally I can't recommend it because it didn't work for me, 14 Nov. 2014
Due to a back problem I can only sleep on my back. I have been using a bolster cushion as a pillow and this has worked well. Just lately I felt that I needed something more supportive and, after reading the reviews, bought this. It arrived very quickly and I used it that night. It felt hard and lumpy, had a chemically smell and I got up with a stiff neck the next morning. But I persevered for a week with no change. So, back to the bolster cushion. Personally I can't recommend it because it didn't work for me. I guess it is one of those leaps of faith. It may or may not work for you but, judging by the more positive reviews, it does work for some people.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5