Profile for E. Paul > Reviews

Content by E. Paul

E. Paul "Steady Eddy" (Kent, England)

Major and Mrs Holt's Pocket Battlefield Guide to Normandy Landing Beaches
Major and Mrs Holt's Pocket Battlefield Guide to Normandy Landing Beaches
by Major and Mrs Holt
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 11 Nov 2013
An ideal publication to have with you while on your tour of the invasion beaches. Full of all the information you'll need and a handy size to carry around with you.

Main Charger For Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Main Charger For Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Offered by tanco Impex
Price: 2.90

2.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For !, 7 Aug 2013
Having received a charger of a different model to the one shown in the listing, I still decided to use it.

When plugged in, the red 'charging' indicator light duly illuminated. However, after several hours (overnight in fact) of use, the light remained red.

I contacted the seller who replied saying that the light was meant to stay on. When I challenged this statement, pointing out their pictures of the unit and previous reviews, they agreed to its return 'providing the light stayed red'.

I intended to return the faulty unit, but was informed by the Post Office that their costs would be 3.00 First Class and 2.60 for Second. Those prices made its return uneconomical.

The lesson appears to be 'buyer beware' and 'You get what you pay for' .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 4:53 PM BST

Dressed to Kill
Dressed to Kill
by Charlotte Madison

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dressed to Kill (Hardcover)
Having read 'Apache' and 'Sweating the metal' (about the Chinook force), this book was an obvious follow up for me to do.
Being a mere man, it was both interesting and amusing to read Charlotte's account of her experiences in a male dominated environment.
There was no 'oh woe is me' element, nor any militant feminism about it. She simply tells it like it was from her viewpoint and very well too.
A highly recommended read, for both sexes !

It's All About Treo: Life and War with the World's Bravest Dog
It's All About Treo: Life and War with the World's Bravest Dog
by Dave Heyhoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutelt spellbinding, 14 Feb 2013
Being an avid dog lover and a staunch supporter of our brave men and women out in Afghanistan ( though not necessarily of them being there in the first place), this book has it all.
I've read several books about a soldier's life on the front line out there, but Dave Heyhoe's account really brings home to the reader the atmosphere experienced by those fighting on our behalf.
I just love Treo's comments to Dave throughout the narrative (in italics), 'his' words will strike a chord with every dog owner. We know what our dogs are thinking and they know what we are as well !
The difference here is that what these two are 'saying' to each other can mean life or death to them, or the squaddies they are leading.
An absolutely brilliant read, even for those who are not militarily minded. Very highly recommended.

Routemaster - King Of The Road [DVD]
Routemaster - King Of The Road [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adrian Quinne
Price: 17.02

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 19 July 2012
If you're a real Routemaster afficionado like me, don't bother with this DVD, it borders on a breach of the Trades Description Act!
The first of the six programmes on the DVD is the ONLY one dedicated to the Routemaster and constitutes less than one fifth of the whole length.
Programme 2 is a silent film of various preserved buses driving round night-time London at Christmas time.
Programme 3 is a very dated 'documentary' about London Transport's logistical exercise running route 9. Routemasters just happen to be the vehicles involved.
Programme 4 is, again, a silent film of a Round London Sightseeing Tour in an elderly single deck coach.
Programme 5 - 'London in the 50's', does what it says on the tin but not even a prototype Routemaster in sight.
Programme 6 - 'Inside Waterden Road Garage', shows a couple of Routemasters going through a bus wash and a mechanic dragging a differential across the garage floor.
So much for being entitled 'Routemaster - King of the Road' !!
Don't waste your money on this DVD.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 6 Jan 2012
I ordered this boot liner for my Honda CR-v on Thursday afternoon and it arrived lunchtime on the Friday. I had already received e-mails from Towequipe advising me of the progress of my order and a tracking number to track it on the courier's website.
The liner is a perfect fit and I have nothing but praise for the service I received from Towequipe.
I am happy to recommend them to any other potential buyers and, from the other reviews on Amazon, I appear not to be the only satisfied customer.