Profile for Avid Reader > Reviews

Bosmere N406 6 x 1.5m Fleece Roll
Bosmere N406 6 x 1.5m Fleece Roll
Offered by L.M Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Good garden fleece roll, 19 Nov. 2013
I bought this for wrapping around tender climbing plants (especially the white-flowered potato vine) in the garden, which I did yesterday, just in time for the first frosts last night. It seems fine. As there's a lot on the roll, I know there will be many other plants in the garden that will benefit from it.

Bosmere N408 5m x 51cm Fleece Tubes
Bosmere N408 5m x 51cm Fleece Tubes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good garden fleece tube, 19 Nov. 2013
I cut this tube into suitable lengths and wrapped my tender plants, especially hebes, in the tubes yesterday, just in time for the first frosts last night. Very useful that this comes in tubes, so you only have to cut it to a bit more than the height of the plant, tie the top with string, secure around the bottom of the plants with pegs and that's all – very quick and easy.

LARGE NUT FEEDER & SQUIRREL GUARD SET OF 2 WILD BIRD LARGE GARDEN WILDLIFE FOOD
LARGE NUT FEEDER & SQUIRREL GUARD SET OF 2 WILD BIRD LARGE GARDEN WILDLIFE FOOD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good squirrel guard nut feeders, 2 Oct. 2013
I have only just filled these and put them out. They look nice and seem sturdy. Good value for money too.

M&L Mobiles® | BATTERY LGTL-GBIP-830 FOR LG B2000 | B2100 | L343i | KG245 | B2000 | B2050 | KG115 | KG240

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mobile phone battery, 9 Sept. 2013
I needed a battery for my six- or seven-year-old LG mobile phone and was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to get one. However, I found this on Amazon and am delighted with it. Though I hardly ever use my phone, it was forever running out of charge and it's great now to see it fully charged any time I switch it on. Quick delivery and a good price, too.

Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax carpet washer, get one!, 28 Jun. 2013
We bought this from Amazon quite a while back and, to be honest, it hadn't been used much and I had been wondering whether to try to sell it. Am I glad I didn't! It really came into its own recently when we had some plumbing work done, and there was an accidental leak from a badly tightened joint, with scarily increasing levels of water in the bathroom, rapidly pouring out into the hall and threatening other rooms. Once the water had been turned off (outside in the road, as the stopcock in the house seemed jammed!), our plumber set to work with a very puny little vacuum which wasn't doing much at all, so then we remembered our trusty Vax, got it down from the loft and it soon began to get the situation under control. Fantastic, it was definitely the cavalry arriving to save the day! And it got the carpets dry enough to walk on without slopping more water about. Highly recommended!

Philip's Planisphere: Northern 51.5 Degrees - British Isles, Northern Europe Northern USA and Canada (Philip's Astronomy)
by Philips

5.0 out of 5 stars Planisphere, 28 Jun. 2013
Bought this as a general family present for Christmas 2011, and believe it or not we haven't yet tried it! Something to do with having moved house and it having got mislaid. However, I know it looks great and is well recommended, so it will definitely be used a lot once it surfaces again!

Two Fold Leather Credit Card Holder by 1642 - 6 Credit Cards (Brown)
Two Fold Leather Credit Card Holder by 1642 - 6 Credit Cards (Brown)
Offered by The Bag & Wallet Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather credit card holder, 28 Jun. 2013
Bought this as a present and the recipient was very pleased. It looks very nice and has proved very long-lasting.

simplehuman Slim Pedal Bin, 40 L - Black Plastic
simplehuman Slim Pedal Bin, 40 L - Black Plastic
Offered by Bin Babe

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim pedal bin, 28 Jun. 2013
This looks really good in our new kitchen and fits well at the end of a run of units. Love the soft close lid. We find our usual 60-litre Sainsbury's kitchen bin bags work fine in it, just a small fold of bag over the top edge as would be needed with any bin. The wheels at the back are quite handy for moving the bin about, so it's very manoeuvrable. Like other reviewers, we did find it quite hard to fit the lid on, but just gave it a couple of big bashes into place with a small rubber-headed mallet and all was well. The only small negative thing is that we do find the bin a bit wobbly, probably because the top is wider than the bottom, but it's not a big deal at all.

simplehuman KT1086 wall mount kitchen/paper towel roll holder (kitchen rolls up to 23cm long), 5 year guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Spring-loaded kitchen roll holder, 28 Jun. 2013
This is very good and well worth paying a bit extra for, as it's a real joy to be able to tear off a piece of kitchen roll one-handed and without yards of roll reeling out. We have fixed it underneath wall units and the only pity is that it is mostly hidden under there as it is really smart, too.

Added on 9.1.2013 - I use 'Plenty' brand fat kitchen rolls and these fit perfectly. They are quite big so I should think pretty much any normal kitchen roll from the supermarket would be fine for this holder.

Premier Housewares Kitchen Organiser, White
Premier Housewares Kitchen Organiser, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen organiser, 26 May 2013
I wanted this to store my chopping boards on the worktop in my new kitchen. The organiser isn't really very smart and is rather large (tall) and unwieldy-looking. It does the job of storing my boards but I will keep looking for another one, something smaller and a bit better looking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8