Profile for Avid Reader > Reviews

Spikes Delicious Dry, 2.5 Kg
Spikes Delicious Dry, 2.5 Kg
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Spikes hedgehog food, 24 Jun 2014
Our visiting hogs make short work of this every night, along with some currants and dried mealworms. Unless it could be the muntjac deer that has been checking out our garden and our neighbour's at dusk in the last couple of weeks... Recommended!

Bulk Hardware Lever Action Suction Hook - White (Pack of 3)
Bulk Hardware Lever Action Suction Hook - White (Pack of 3)
Price: 4.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent suction hooks, 26 Dec 2013
Using these in our new bathroom to hang face cloths in the shower (we have put them as unobtrusively as possible, about 60cm from the floor so the cloths are not too noticeable). Before trying the hooks, I was worried that they might not stick to our very slightly non-smooth tile surfaces but the hooks are still firmly in place since we put them up around a month ago. Top marks from us.

Quality Apollo Set of 4 Versatile Chrome Hanging Hooks
Quality Apollo Set of 4 Versatile Chrome Hanging Hooks
Offered by MB Housewares ltd
Price: 1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and nice-looking hooks!, 26 Dec 2013
I am very glad to have these really useful hooks, especially as I had nearly bought similar at more than twice the price in B&Q. Hooks are only hooks, and for utility use, but being chrome these ones look really nice too.

Thetford 1.5L AQUAKEM & RINSE DUO PACK
Thetford 1.5L AQUAKEM & RINSE DUO PACK
Offered by camping-online ltd
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemical loo liquids, 19 Nov 2013
Bought these as they were so well reviewed by other people. The liquids supplied with our emergency chemical loo have just run out (not literally) so we're glad to have these new supplies. It will be nice to have our official toilet up and running (not literally) (I hope) once the works on our new bathroom have been completed, any day now (please, any day now!)

Drain & Pond Cleaning Outdoor Gardening Gloves
Drain & Pond Cleaning Outdoor Gardening Gloves
Offered by one-stop-eshop
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pond gloves, 19 Nov 2013
I bought these for my other half in case he needed to go poking around the bottom of our 2-ft deep pond in the winter (as they do) (well, he does anyway). He hasn't done so yet (probably waiting for it to get a bit colder), so I can't really report on them but they certainly look nice and sturdy. No more dark red and purple arms for him, thank goodness.

4 x Thetford Aqua Soft Toilet Rolls for Porta Potti
4 x Thetford Aqua Soft Toilet Rolls for Porta Potti
Offered by Motorhome Accessories Ltd
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose...!, 19 Nov 2013
Our one and only indoor loo had to be out of commission while the bathroom was being renovated so we put a chemical loo in the shed. This loo paper was recommended as it needs to be thin so as not to block the portaloo. Even though thin, it is amazingly strong. Enough said!

100 x 6" 150mm SECURING PEGS weed fabric fleece tarpaulin tent ground sheet
100 x 6" 150mm SECURING PEGS weed fabric fleece tarpaulin tent ground sheet
Offered by trade-mart
Price: 9.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Good securing pegs, 19 Nov 2013
I used these yesterday for pinning down garden fleece around my tender garden plants, and they did a great job. Also used some for pinning down an edge of weed-proof membrane under my new shed, to ensure the little spiky hogs don't get caught up in it on their nightly mealworm, currant and slug forays under the fence from next door. (They haven't hibernated yet.)

Bosmere N406 6 x 1.5m Fleece Roll
Bosmere N406 6 x 1.5m Fleece Roll
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good garden fleece roll, 19 Nov 2013
I bought this for wrapping around tender climbing plants (especially the white-flowered potato vine) in the garden, which I did yesterday, just in time for the first frosts last night. It seems fine. As there's a lot on the roll, I know there will be many other plants in the garden that will benefit from it.

Bosmere N408 5m x 80cm Fleece Tubes
Bosmere N408 5m x 80cm Fleece Tubes
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Good garden fleece tube, 19 Nov 2013
I cut this tube into suitable lengths and wrapped my tender plants, especially hebes, in the tubes yesterday, just in time for the first frosts last night. Very useful that this comes in tubes, so you only have to cut it to a bit more than the height of the plant, tie the top with string, secure around the bottom of the plants with pegs and that's all – very quick and easy.

LARGE NUT FEEDER & SQUIRREL GUARD SET OF 2 WILD BIRD LARGE GARDEN WILDLIFE FOOD
LARGE NUT FEEDER & SQUIRREL GUARD SET OF 2 WILD BIRD LARGE GARDEN WILDLIFE FOOD
Offered by forestfox_trading
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good squirrel guard nut feeders, 2 Oct 2013
I have only just filled these and put them out. They look nice and seem sturdy. Good value for money too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7