Profile for blue finch > Reviews

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall
by Nathan Filer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilariously real and outstandingly brilliant!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: The Shock of the Fall (Paperback)
Oh my gosh, I loved this book SO much. What a breath of fresh air! I literally could not put it down and finished it in 2 days. An outstandingly brilliant insight into living with schizophrenia. Both laugh out loud funny whilst simultaneously sad and heart felt, yet not sentimental or slushy in any way. The insight into mental health services was so funny and so accurate. As someone who also works in mental health I found it just hilariously real. The characters are strikingly convincing.The lead character is inspiring and incredibly likeable. Brilliantly written and realised. I can't praise this book enough. I will be recommending it to all my colleagues. What a wonderful read.

The Others [DVD]
The Others [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and brilliant, 31 July 2014
This review is from: The Others [DVD] (DVD)
Love this movie. I don't often buy DVDs but felt compelled to buy this one whilst it was so cheap. Kidman is great in it. I was never previously a fan, but she often seems to sway towards slightly weird and independent movies these days and does really well in them. The Others is gripping, creepy and most importantly has a brilliant twist. If you haven't seen it then well worth a watch

Ten Steps to Positive Living (Overcoming common problems)
Ten Steps to Positive Living (Overcoming common problems)
by Windy Dryden

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that helped me change my life, 31 July 2014
I was originally leant this book several years ago by my CBT therapist at that time. I have to say that it was a book that helped me to change my life (along with a few other things). It helped bring me through and out the other side of severe social anxiety. Very easy to read and understand, written in sufficiently layman's terms. Plenty of food for thought. I bought the book again on Amazon and leant it to someone but unfortunately never got it back! Hope it helped her as much as it helped me! Highly recommended. (Plus Windy is the coolest name!!)

Secrets of the Tides
Secrets of the Tides
by Hannah Richell

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Secrets of the Tides (Paperback)
Nice story, easy to read... ever so slightly predictable and ever so slightly frustrating! (but I won't give the plot away). I enjoyed it though and would recommend it.

The Sea Change
The Sea Change
by Joanna Rossiter

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave up, 31 July 2014
This review is from: The Sea Change (Paperback)
Lost interest a third of the way through, which usually means its boring (or I just cant get into it). I always think if a book hasn't 'gripped' you by at least a third of the way through then give up and try something different. Maybe I will try and pick it up again one day... but then do you start from the beginning or from where you left off??

Silver Bay
Silver Bay
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Moyes story, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Silver Bay (Paperback)
Another great read from Jojo Moyes. Silver Bay is heart warming, seems more modern than some of her other novels. Love it when you find a writer you really love. Can't wait for her latest one to pop through the post.

Extra Select Sunflower Hearts 12.75 Kg
Extra Select Sunflower Hearts 12.75 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds love it, 31 July 2014
Good value, slightly cheaper than the shops although the bag isn't as sturdy. Birds love it. Seems to be equal quality to sunflower hearts bought elsewhere. No complaints from the birds anyway!

Portmeirion Botanic Blue Pastry Forks, Set of 6
Portmeirion Botanic Blue Pastry Forks, Set of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes eating cake feel posh!, 31 July 2014
Really pretty little forks, very slim and dainty. They make eating cake feel posh! (shouldn't that always be the case?) Also very good for the money. Quality you would expect from Portmeirion.

Wildlife World Ceramic Frog and Toad Home
Wildlife World Ceramic Frog and Toad Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Frogs don't care but I love it!, 31 July 2014
Love this frog house. Looks really cute by the pond. Frogs aren't so sure yet. No accounting for taste!

east2eden Fox Design Contemporary Cooking Baking BBQ Single Oven Glove Gauntlet
east2eden Fox Design Contemporary Cooking Baking BBQ Single Oven Glove Gauntlet
Offered by east2eden

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 31 July 2014
Bargain and seems reasonable quality considering the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6