Profile for heretic666 > Reviews

Content by heretic666
Top Reviewer Ranking: 327

heretic666 (High Dudgeon, UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
VASI4KO - Switched Plugtop 13A on/off switch Red neon indicator - VASI4KO
VASI4KO - Switched Plugtop 13A on/off switch Red neon indicator - VASI4KO

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves Back Pain - I Have Eight., 13 May 2014
The neon light in this plug is a secondary consideration for me; the surface area of the switch means I can turn it on and off with my foot. As all the important appliances seem to be plugged in at floor level, when my back is playing up bending over to switch something on or off is a real pain in all senses of the word. I have eight now.

High Voltage Insect Killer
High Voltage Insect Killer
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - Save Your Money, 12 May 2014
All this thing does is waste electricity; I have no idea how anyubody could find a positive thing to say about it. I have two because I thought that they were scaled down versions of the industrial type. Not so. These do nothing.

Trackmate Audio Cleaner plus Demagnetizer
Trackmate Audio Cleaner plus Demagnetizer
Offered by Vision Media Packaging
Price: 0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Choice of Professional Studios., 10 May 2014
I visited several studios when cassettes were in use and these cleaners were the chosen brand, not just for clean heads but to demagnetise them. One studio even used them once before every single tape. If this cleaner does not fix the problem then the problem is too severe or different.
I had one cassette deck which showed no improvement after usage. I examined the pich roller with a torch and found it was heavily coated with oxide. The machine was a top quality Nakamichi but the previous owner had never botheresd with any cleaning. I used an orange stick/emery board with thin chamois leather glued to it soaked in the cleaning solution and held against the pich roller for ten minutes. As soon as the pad became dirty I applied a clean part of the surface till the wheel was a nice black again.
This is the best cleaner for normal maintenace of a cassette deck.

Masterplug SRG62-MP 6 Gang Surge Protected Extension Lead 2m 13 Amp Fused
Masterplug SRG62-MP 6 Gang Surge Protected Extension Lead 2m 13 Amp Fused
Price: 10.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I have five, 10 May 2014
I have five of these in diffewrent room where I leave appliances connected and left on idle permanently. Knowing that whatever happens there is little possibility of damage to equipment due to electrical problems. And knowing that there is a massive insurance payout in the unlikely event of damage is a bonus.

Masterplug Indoor Power SRGT62-MP 6-Gang 13 amp Surge-Protected Socket with 2 m Extension Lead and Telecom Protection (White)
Offered by Bamford Trading
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I Have four, 10 May 2014
All the landline sockets coming into the house plus extensions and modem/routers are all connected via these. Some people might judge them to be a luxury but a dead television during a thunderstorm may not be a coincidence. One of these dead is a lot cheaper than a new television, especially when you find out that the small print on warranties and insurance does not include damage during storms

Am-Tech Magnetic Bit Holder (3 Pieces)
Am-Tech Magnetic Bit Holder (3 Pieces)
Offered by Bargain Warehouse
Price: 1.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Got Me Out Of a Bind, 4 May 2014
I had to instal some brackets for a camera mounting and the thing was in the way of direct access to the screw holes. A longer reach bit holder got me out of that bind but after a few dozen revolutions of s cordless screwdriver they were actually showing signs of wear.
For a serious or continuous use I would pay much more for a quality set, but these are fine at what is almost disposable money.

Amzdeal ALU-TAG 8000mAh Aluminum Li-Polymer Portable Power Bank External Battery Pack Charger for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, other Android Smart Phones and Tablets (Apple Adapters and Samsung 30-pin Adapter Not Included) - Champagne Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Useful, 4 May 2014
The same size as my favourite bar of chocolate and the same weight. I carry this around with me without the case provided because I like to provoke envy and curiosity. I am not into gadgets and the latest technology but I love this item so much I leave it on the table next to my phone for all to see.
Charging in four hours and capable of recharging a tablet, let alone a phone, its small size and cool design make this a total winner for me.

Yesterday's Shopping: Selection from Gamages General Catalogue for 1914
Yesterday's Shopping: Selection from Gamages General Catalogue for 1914
by Clive Reynard

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Reference, 29 April 2014
Collectors of toys or card games will be enthralled by the range offered here. Other people would like to see some items that history seems to have forgotten. There are several engines that could be attached to bicycles to enable effortless cycling. A BSA motorbike looks like the earliest machine available. Steam boats and trains for boys would represent a fortune to todays collectors. Benetfink were the supplier of the most expensive fancy goods like silver and china. There are also about six items with names that would have you prosecuted under the race relations act as "the N word" was bandied about with little comment in those times. The book is a good insight into the consumerism of the middle class before the outbreak of the Great War

Mag-lite M2A016 Mini Torch Blister Pack
Mag-lite M2A016 Mini Torch Blister Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits One Inch Scope Rings, 28 April 2014
The scope rings for a telescopic sight on an air pistol or air rifle are the perfect fit for the head of this torch. Loccked in place means a slight turn to swith on and change focust while lighting up where you are pointing.

zig zag Menthol slim filters - Three Pack of 150 filters.
zig zag Menthol slim filters - Three Pack of 150 filters.
Offered by Premier Life Store
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars More Like "Old Swan ", 28 April 2014
Swan filters were the best till they changed the concentration of menthol making them disgustingly strong. These are not as good as "old Swan" which are now unobtainable, but they come close and are much superior to "new Swan"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20