ARRAY(0xb33292a0)

Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Content by Sarah

Sarah "sairlyd"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Iron Man: A Story in Five Nights (FF Childrens Classics)
The Iron Man: A Story in Five Nights (FF Childrens Classics)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great bedtime story for my 7 year old, 28 Mar 2014
"I liked it because it had loads of nice describing words.
I liked the dragon, he did something that dragons don't normally do in stories.
I liked all the characters in the book, and it was a fun exciting story."

The Principles of Knitting
The Principles of Knitting
Price: 18.52

5.0 out of 5 stars THE knitting reference book., 16 Dec 2013
If you want to learn to knit, then this isn't the best book for you to start with, but if you're already a knitter (even an 'expert') who wants to be able to refer to in-depth information about anything and everything to do with knitting techniques then this book is a superb reference.

I started knitting a couple of years ago and now write a knitting blog and design patterns so I thought I was getting to grips with my subject.... until I got a copy of this book from a friend. Just looking at the size of it made me realise that my knowledge barely scratches the surface of all there is to know and TPoK is now my go-to for anything I want to check or learn about. It's absolutely ENORMOUS so despite having a hard copy on the shelf, I invested in the Kindle version a few months ago and it's been used so much already - it's easy to search and is in my pocket at all times on my phone or on my iPad/kindle, even when I don't have the huge hardback to hand. I have literally found everything I could dream of wanting to know in there. A few times I've guessed there must be a way of doing something, but didn't know the terminology which can make finding things a little harder, thankfully the way the book is organised (by topic) I can find what I'm looking for by reading through the relevant chapter, even if I don't know the correct terms.

It's too big to read cover-to-cover (for me, anyway) but is the perfect reference book.

New 3 In 1 USB Cable For Iphone 5 - 4 - Micro USB - White
New 3 In 1 USB Cable For Iphone 5 - 4 - Micro USB - White
Offered by AMA Store -- Ship from HongKong
Price: 0.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy!, 4 Nov 2013
I use a kindle, an iPad and an iPhone 5 and this has a connector for each. It only charges one at a time but I keep it in my bag and it means I always have a method of charging my devices if there is a USB compatible power source available. I mainly use it with a car adaptor (cigarette lighter) or a USB plug.

If the cables were longer I'd give it 5 stars.

Nail Magic Nail Treatment and Conditioner
Nail Magic Nail Treatment and Conditioner
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars It is magic!, 4 Nov 2013
This really works.

Used regularly this works a treat, but it does need to be reapplied quite often as it always chips off my nails.

Don't You Dare (Sharky & George)
Don't You Dare (Sharky & George)
by Sharky & George
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 4 Nov 2013
We all love everything about this book! It is prefect for holidays and days out as there are so many different ideas in it. Makes a great gift for children of all ages.

LADIES WOMEN JELLIE JELLY RAIN CLEAR DOC ANKLE BOOTS SHOES SIZE 7 UK PINK
LADIES WOMEN JELLIE JELLY RAIN CLEAR DOC ANKLE BOOTS SHOES SIZE 7 UK PINK
Offered by SOLEWISH

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad fit, and poor quality., 4 Nov 2013
I sent these straight back as they felt cheap and nasty and were a horrible fit. It's a shame as I was hoping to use them to showcase my hand knit socks.

Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons (Ology Series)
Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons (Ology Series)
by Dugald Steer
Price: 13.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book., 4 Nov 2013
My son had read this at school and talked about it so much I had to get him one of his own. Fabulous book with beautiful drawings, lovely details and everything you'd ever need to know about dragons!

More ology books are on this year's Christmas list!!!!

How To Find Flower Fairies
How To Find Flower Fairies
by Cicely Mary Barker
Price: 13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 4 Nov 2013
We all love this book, although it was bought for my 4 year old daughter. Since studying it we have been on various trips into the woods and forests and spotted signs that fairies have been there! ;)

The pop-ups are very detailed and the book is excellent quality. This would make a fabulous gift.

8-in-1 No Chew Spray for Dogs, 230 ml
8-in-1 No Chew Spray for Dogs, 230 ml
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs respraying daily., 4 Nov 2013
This product is ok but not brilliant. It works for a while and then he starts chewing the sprayed items... again.

Ellie-Bo Deluxe Extra Strong 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage with Faux Sheepskin Bed Medium 30 inch Silver
Price: 37.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, and sturdy., 4 Nov 2013
There are a couple of downsides to this crate (1) the doors don't open/close in the direction I'd like them to and are fixed, and (2) it has left marks on my tiled floor. It would also be better if the clip (to fold it closed) wasn't right at the front by the entrance, although I can love with it.

The fleece liner is a nice addition and makes it quite cosy, although I have put a thick mattress pad on top of that for sleeping on. My pup is very happy with the crate, and likes sleeping in it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5