Profile for Carolian > Reviews

5:2 Healthy Eating for Life
5:2 Healthy Eating for Life
Price: 4.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, 13 Jan 2014
Having started a 5:2 diet I decided to get a book to inspire me to be more adventurous . If it's fun, tasty and something I look forward to I will be more inclined to stick to it. I read lots of comments on books in this area and looked at many many sample pages and this book seemed to tick lots of boxes. As it is called 5:2 I presumed that there would be lots of sample menus adding up to 500 calories....NOT .
I am flicking backward and forward to work out a days sensible eating why not sections on Brekfast,lunch and dinner?? So many nice meals but some/ a lot seem quite high in calories( unless I eat one meal a day)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2014 6:26 PM GMT

8-in-1 Calming Oatmeal Shampoo
8-in-1 Calming Oatmeal Shampoo

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, 13 Jan 2014
One of my dogs has really really sensitive skin . We go for a swim fortnightly in a chlorinated pool ( dogs hydro therapy pool) so she's shampooed fortnightly . My vet has told me to avoid Aloe Vera as its quite common for dogs to have a reaction to Aloe Vera as well. This shampoo does not mention Aloe Vera although it is high up on the ingredients . A total waste of money for me . I will keep on looking for an oatmeal shampoo. It would be useful to be able to read all the ingredients before buying

Decleor Aroma Confort Post-Wax Double Action Gel 125ml
Decleor Aroma Confort Post-Wax Double Action Gel 125ml
Offered by Clickfragrance
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bye waxing, 9 Aug 2013
I searched several sites for this product after reading a review in a magazine and amazon was by far the cheapest. It's a little early to say if the cream works as well as stated but it's very light and a little goes along way

Sirdar Big Softie Super Chunky Knitting Yarn Graffiti (319)
Sirdar Big Softie Super Chunky Knitting Yarn Graffiti (319)
Offered by Shirley Wools Ltd
Price: 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Help I don't have enough wool, 22 May 2013
I decided to knit scarfs as jokey pressies for Christmas and didn't buy enough wool I took a gamble and brought odd balls to make up scarfs same quality as store came well packaged. Not idea as could not match batch numbers but got me out of a tight corner.

Aidapt Dr Cook Ergonomic Pans Set of 3
Aidapt Dr Cook Ergonomic Pans Set of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for mums 70th, 22 May 2013
My mum has arthritis in hands ,wrists and almost everywhere else. After several searches found these pots( which was the pressie that she asked for). She tells me they are: easy to clean, heat up quickly, easy to get used to the angle of pouring and ideal for one or two people. She says she wishes they made a smaller milk pan and a proper frying pan . My mum says the only down side is they they are heavy and she needs two hands to lift , but she is very happy she has them. We are in her good books for getting her such a fabulous pressie.

100% Pure Canned Pumpkin 425g
100% Pure Canned Pumpkin 425g

5.0 out of 5 stars Settles dogs tummies, 22 May 2013
I ordered some cans as I'd read in several dog books that it helps with delicate tums. It seems to work and I can store for a couple of days in frige. Very expensive but better than medicine and consultation at vets.

U88-AMM-P Air Max Pet Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
U88-AMM-P Air Max Pet Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Price: 169.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 3rd vacuum in three years, 22 May 2013
We have two hairy dogs and wood floors down with carpets up. This is my third vacuum in three years they all work great at first and then slowly lose their picking up power. This is my first non dyson in 11 years ! First impressions are ...very flimsy , hose and clips don't work very well and ping off when hose is stretched . I dont know how long it's gonna last( must remember to register the vax insurance). The up side .......light ,quite and picking up well. Not sure if I would have brought if I'd had seen it first.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 7:51 PM GMT

Livescribe Pro Pack includes 8GB Wifi Smart Pen
Livescribe Pro Pack includes 8GB Wifi Smart Pen
Offered by Madison Place
Price: 221.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous time saver, 22 May 2013
This is my 2nd pen and I dont know how I managed before. Saves so much time and looks very professional in meetings

Spider-Men (Spider-Man)
Spider-Men (Spider-Man)
by Brian M Bendis
Price: 13.29

5.0 out of 5 stars My son in law loves this comic, 2 Jan 2013
I brought this comic as part of my son in laws christmas present. The comic arrived well in the advised time scale. This comic was packed really well wrapped in plastic and then boxed really well, this was a real concern as these comics are collectables and I would not been able to hand it over on Christmas day if corners,pages were damaged. As for content of comic well all I can tell you is that the only time the comic left his hands was to eat his meal.

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Silver
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Silver
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 2 Jan 2013
Christmas present for Daughter, she said they are really good and block out surrounding noise ( she travels on the tube daily)

Page: 1 | 2