Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Mrs Miggins Pie Shoppe > Reviews

Content by Mrs Miggins Pi...

Mrs Miggins Pie Shoppe (London, UK)

Eko-Mania Dry Paper Log Maker
Eko-Mania Dry Paper Log Maker

1.0 out of 5 stars sorry no service or goods in Dec 2011, 16 Dec. 2011
It is 16 December 2011. I ordered a dry paper log maker from Eko-mania on 1 December. The money has been taken from my cc a/c on 1 Dec. No confirmatory email has been recieved as promised, only an answerphone message whenever I ring and no responses to my emails. I fear they may have gone out of business. My advice is to go elsewhere

In Cold Blood: A True Account of a Multiple Murder and its Consequences (Essential Penguin)
by Truman Capote

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruesome, captivating and tragic, 13 July 2006
This really is essential reading for everyone over the age of about 14. A classic. Truman Capote recounts the story of the murders of four members of the Clutter family, one November night in 1959, and provides details of the events leading up to the murders, what the killers (Dick and Perry) did whilst on the run, their arrest, trial and punishment. I real a lot of books, but this is one of the best I've ever read and I couldn't put it down - despite knowing it doesn't have a happy ending for anyone, I wanted to know what actually happened to the Clutters and why. This book doesn't try to psychoanalyse murders - it tells the story in a factual way, but written like a novel, and it is fantastic, gruesome and tragic because it's true. Six people died as a result of that night - let Truman tell you how.

Labyrinth
Labyrinth
by Kate Mosse

4.0 out of 5 stars Like carrying a breeze block...., 13 July 2006
This review is from: Labyrinth (Paperback)
One of the chunkiest books I've had for a while so not great for carrying about, but I liked it. I was intrigued by the story and despite thinking I knew what was going on, and guessing some of what happened, I was still surprised at some of the twists at the end. Some of the story wasn't explained thoroughly enough (despite it being about 700 pages long). Would have liked to know more about some of the relationships and couldn't visualise the main character(s) Alais/Alice, as she wasn't described particularly well. More on the history (I kept having to ask my very educated and clever husband about the Crusades and stuff) would have been good for those of us who haven't studied medieval history to Masters level. Would recommend it and it has made me want to read more about the Crusades. And go to Carcassonne. I think the Holy Grail thing needs to stop now though. New subject please!

The Chemistry Of Death
The Chemistry Of Death
by Simon Beckett

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the Zoflora..., 13 July 2006
This review is from: The Chemistry Of Death (Hardcover)
Read this a few weeks ago and really liked it, but it wasn't about what I thought it was about (i.e. it is not about the chemistry of death, it is a proper story). Actually, once I got over the fact that it wasn't about the chemistry of dying (I am a bit gruesome like that) it was a really good story. I guessed early on what was going on but thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it. Holiday reading definitely. I love a good book and this is one that I have been recommending to people.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

4.0 out of 5 stars Hang on to your hats....., 13 July 2006
Read this a couple of months ago and can still vividly remember it, hence writing this. The characters are very well constructed and the story is clever and well told. Not sure that it's holiday reading (might get a bit dizzy with all that backwardsing and forwardsing) but definitely worth a go. I read a lot of books and this is one I have passed on to friends. And they trust my taste...

Being Jordan
Being Jordan
by Katie Price

4.0 out of 5 stars Dumb blonde?, 18 July 2005
This review is from: Being Jordan (Hardcover)
I read this book on the train back to London yesterday. In 3 hours. I thought it was quite candid and easy to read - you can almost hear her talking. I salute her for being who she is and being very honest about what has happened to her. Oooer re: Gareth Gates though. A good read for the beach (or the train) and I can think of much worse people to give my money to.