Profile for Unifaun > Reviews

Unifaun (Scotland)

Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens Kit (16.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens Kit (16.2MP) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kit!!, 22 Aug 2013
I bought this lens kit a couple of years ago and can say it is a fantastic camera. It is a very robust: much of the body being made of magnesium alloy (unlike Canon equivalents which have plastic bodies). And the versatile 18-105 is a good walk around lens. The anti vibration means low speed shots are possible without shake. I also love the auto ISO setting which enables good noise free (no flash) shooting in very dark conditions e.g. a cathedral or museum. Great in-camera adjustments and high quality shots. The only slight down side I can think of is body and lens together are quite heavy; this can put strain on the neck. That said all in all a great camera kit which I would highly recommend - I paid around £800 for my kit.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 25 Mar 2013
Fantastic purchase. The aluminium caps really match the the alloys on my Kuga - and they only cost a couple of quid! A great low cost item, highly recommend.

Unifaun
Unifaun
Offered by EliteDigital UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy under any circumstances!, 12 Jun 2009
This review is from: Unifaun (Audio CD)
I am a prog rock fan of many, many years standing. This album is rated as a kind of Genesis '70s album', and the two guys who play the music state their mission as producing the songs 'Genesis never wrote'. Well, I agree. These are songs that even the GHASTLY Collins years would have consigned to the editing room floor.

In effect this is cheesy post-Gabriel rubbish that I will be handing in to a charity shop tomorrow. If you liked the Collins 'pop-era' stuff that Collins et al produced in the 80s then you may like this. But for those seeking genuinely progressive music forget it - look to Flower Kings / Dream Theater / Porcupine Tree / Knight Area / Anekdoten / Simon Says / Ritual and you will see where I'm coming from. I really don't like slating bands, but this is one to avoid. Sorry guys.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 2:32 PM GMT

Hot Rats
Hot Rats
Offered by EliteDigital UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this..., 12 Dec 2008
This review is from: Hot Rats (Audio CD)
Do not buy this..., 12 Dec 2008
By I Stoddart(Scotland) - See all my reviews

Speaking as a long-term FZ fan, I would advise everyone who knows the original genius of Hot Rats NOT to buy this. The remix has substantially altered the original tracks for the worse. Little Umbrellas and the Gumbo Variations have become sterile track overlays, and the zenith of Ian Underwood's marvellous sax solo on the original Gumbo is flatly edited into a modern(?)piece of layered desperation. Even though I am a substantial collector of CDs my advice would be to buy the vinyl rather than this 'empty pantomime'. I can only believe that Frank, if he was responsible for this, was too ill to realise what he was doing. A plea to the FZ estate - please allow us to have a digital version of the original, for Frank's sake...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2011 12:14 AM BST