Profile for Idriss Tzemyer > Reviews

The Yeti Hunts: Travels Through Russia and Central Asia
The Yeti Hunts: Travels Through Russia and Central Asia
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this! I have waited so long!, 27 Oct 2013
I have been waiting for so long for a good book to come out on Central Asia. There has been a distinct lack. I think that the last published on the lesser known Central Asian Republics was in 1990! I found this book simply riveting, and was fascinated to read about the Yeti, especially due to renewed interest in it in Britain! Well Recommended, I read and finished this book in one sitting! My iPad was simply unputdownable! And I have to agree with the other review by 'theo', considering that this is much cheaper than any books that you could buy on the high street, or anything other these days, I think that it is much more enjoyable than buying a tube ticket!
Thank you Mr Judah!

Fragile Empire: How Russia Fell in and Out of Love with Vladimir Putin
Fragile Empire: How Russia Fell in and Out of Love with Vladimir Putin
by Ben Judah
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite extraordinary., 23 April 2013
This book really encouraged me to follow up on my fascination with modern Russia and et almost colonial regions. The chapter where Judah embarks on his quest to hunt or the Chinese farmers in the Far East is really some of the best travel writing I have ever read-it reminded me of the book 'Good Night Mr.Lenin', although it seems that Judah has started to show the western world what Putin's Russia is really like, through the people who are so often overlooked in the news as analytical writings of Modern Russia. Honestly, a must read for any budding person interested in Russia and her people.