Profile for Freddy > Reviews

Content by Freddy

Freddy

Page: 1 | 2
Premium Quality Natural Sea Sponge (Approx. Diameter 13cm)
Premium Quality Natural Sea Sponge (Approx. Diameter 13cm)
Offered by Marmaduke The Cat
Price: 18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't feel like a natural sponge, 22 Aug 2014
Disappointed with this. It's a good size, a sort of globe shape but rather solid and a bit scratchy. My old one was lovely and soft and this one just isn't. Maybe it will soften up with use.
I've just looked at the 5 star reviews. Maybe I've been unlucky with this one. It certainly isn't suitable for a newborn baby.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2014 5:10 PM BST

Irresistible [DVD]
Irresistible [DVD]
Dvd ~ Susan Sarandon
Price: 5.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy money I guess, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Irresistible [DVD] (DVD)
What on earth are Susan Sarandon and Sam Neill doing in this absolute turkey? Easy money I guess.

Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Price: 10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Booooorrrrrring, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Over-rated and oh so boring. Okay, the special effects are good but that's not enough to carry a film with virtually no plot. I kept hoping that Alien was lurking and would leap out to liven things up a bit. Clooney looked like Buzz Lightyear but without the charisma. Just had a look at some of the 5 star reviews to see what is supposed to be so good about this film. The only thing I'd agree with is the quality of the special effects. I didn't find it tense at all. Apollo 13 was tense.
The only redeeming thing about this is it isn't very long, only 80 ish minutes. Still, it's one to avoid.

Ladies Premium Crew Neck Fitted T-Shirts 220gsm. Available in 10 Colours, Sizes 8 to 18.
Offered by Price Drop 247
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good T Shirt, 17 Jun 2014
These are actually the best and yet the cheapest T shirts I have bought for a while. Good quality fabric, nice fit (medium fits a size 14 nicely) and not too long which is a pleasant change. Would definitely recommend.

Fargo (Special Edition) [1996] [DVD]
Fargo (Special Edition) [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frances McDormand
Offered by westworld-
Price: 11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, 27 April 2014
Thought I'd try this after reading about the Fargo series on Channel 4 and now I'm cross with myself for expecting the film to live up to its billing. All those five star reviews! It's just not that good. If it's supposed to be in the 'cinema verite' genre surely the rather unlikely plot is a contradiction. And if it's supposed to be about violence spiralling out of control, well that's what happens when there's a psychopath on the loose. The violence spiralling thing was done so much better in Breaking Bad. But then Breaking Bad did everything so much better. Fargo has no characterisation. I didn't like or dislike any of the characters or care in the least what happened to them. The dialogue is pretty uninspiring. So all in all I just don't see what the fuss is about. I might have raised a smile once or twice, but where is the black humour that everyone raves about? Not a bad film exactly, just mediocre all round. Maybe the series on Channel 4 will be better as it'll have more time for plot and character development. But the film is one to add to my list of most disappointing films of all time. Wouldn't recommend.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 1:12 PM BST

Beldray Rechargable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 12 V, Red
Beldray Rechargable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 12 V, Red
Offered by No1Brands4You
Price: 29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money!, 18 Feb 2014
Even though I bought this at half price from Robert Dyas, it's a waste of money. Suction is almost non existent. It can't or won't even pick up a bit of fluff. And it's sooooo noisy.

Breaking Bad Official 2014 Calendar
Breaking Bad Official 2014 Calendar
by Pyramid International
Edition: Calendar
Price: 6.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not fit for purpose, 3 Jan 2014
Absolutely love Breaking Bad, but the calendar was disappointing. The pictures are good but the days of the week are not easy to read. The month view has a dark background and the space for writing an entry each day is too small to be practical. And much as we like Walt, where are the pictures of Jesse, Hank, Skylar Saul and Gus et al?
Maybe we'll just cut out the pictures of Walt and frame them. We could have one (or two) in each room of the house...........
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2014 10:53 PM BST

Breaking Bad - Season 2 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Viewing, 18 Nov 2013
Totally agree with all the 5 star reviews. Absolutely hooked on this. It's the best TV series by far for a very long time and really should be shown on mainstream TV. Well written, superbly paced, good characterisation and masses of food for thought. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are both excellent with a fine supporting cast. I just wonder if this quality can be maintained for 5 series, but reading other reviews it seems as though it can.
We've just watched series 2 and series 3 is on its way. I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Wars of the Roses: Stormbird (Wars of the Roses 1)
Wars of the Roses: Stormbird (Wars of the Roses 1)
by Conn Iggulden

1.0 out of 5 stars Boy's Own Adventure, 14 Oct 2013
I am fascinated by The Wars of the Roses and love good historical fiction. After reading the many 5 star reviews I really looked forward to a historical treat, but was utterly disappointed. If you like a boy's own style adventure story then this is probably for you. I prefer characterisation, historic detail and atmosphere. This could have been set almost in any time and for me it just felt too modern. None of the characters came alive, none of them had any appeal or interest. Too much grisly detail of torture and one of the worst sex scenes I've ever read. The ludicrous prologue made a bad first impression, but I managed to last until the start of Part III. After ploughing through most of the book I simply don't understand why it gets so many good reviews. I'm in a minority of one I guess. A disappointing waste of money and I bought it in hardback! For history of this period I'd recommend Alison Weir and for fiction Sharon Penman's The Sunne in Splendour. Not this simplistic romp. It just makes me appreciate even more the beautiful writing and absolute skill of Hilary Mantel.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 4:36 PM BST

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 13 Oct 2013
Disappointed with these. Rather thin quality and far too big. I'm cross I didn't return them. A good example of you get what you pay for.

Page: 1 | 2