Profile for Mrs. S. E. Davies > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. E. Davies

Mrs. S. E. Davies "suedavies23" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Ickx Cerise Dark Loose Chocolates in A Box 1 kg
Ickx Cerise Dark Loose Chocolates in A Box 1 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 12 Feb 2014
Delicious chocolates, good for dark chocolate lovers as the chocolate covering has to be at least 60 to 70% plain chocolate.
The filling inside is very rich and tastes nicely of cherry liqueur, you will find it difficult to get through more than a couple of these at a time!

Philips Sonicare HX6013/HX6014 Compatible Replacement Toothbrush Heads
Philips Sonicare HX6013/HX6014 Compatible Replacement Toothbrush Heads
Offered by Vision Vorg

1.0 out of 5 stars I have just returned mine and requested a refund, 12 Feb 2014
Having read the various reviews of these compatible brush heads, mostly positive, I placed an order, realising that the quality of the brushes was not going to be up to the same as the Philips brush heads and these are thinner as they contain fewer bristles than the Philips, I guess that a potential effect of this is that it may not give as good a clean as using the Philips brush heads.
However within a week of using, the bristles have started to come out of the brush, I guess that within a couple of months there will not be many left.
It is one thing to save money over the more expensive originals, but it is false economy if overall you do not get as good a clean and get through twice as many of these cheap brush heads compared to the genuine article.
My advice is to avoid and pay the extra for the genuine article.

TG Cases® New Apple iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Black PU Leather Case / Cover / Wallet and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet For Sleep / Wake Feature + 2 Included Screen Protectors for New Apple iPad 4th Generation (With Retina Display), iPad 3 & iPad 2 - Black.
Offered by Tech-Cessory Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 20 Sep 2012
This is a well made product that is the same design as the Snugg cover but for a fraction of the price. The iPad does not fit quite so well in this case as the Snugg cover but you can't really complain given the price.
I don't believe that the entire case is leather, the inside jacket of the cover looks to be a cheap material, I think the leather is just the inside holder but once again you get what you have paid for, so it is not a problem.
My only real issue is that it does not look top top quality and the incredible snob in me would be a bit embarrassed if I took it with me in a business meeting and others gave it a good hard look! As a result I have bought the Snugg cover and have changed it from the cheaper cover, so now can hold my head up with pride!
But the snob in me is my problem and to be honest this case cannot be dismissed for the amazing value that it provides.
I would definitely recommend for those that do not suffer from snobbery!

Contagion - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [Region Free]
Contagion - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by RevisionNet

3.0 out of 5 stars Realistic but lacks tension, 17 Jun 2012
I was a bit disappointed with this film.
I had read reviews before I purchased and so did not expect a classic disaster movie but even so found the film to be a little bland.
The storyline centres around CDC and WHO as they attempt to find the source of a viral outbreak and to find a cure. The story shows how people react to the fast spreading worldwide pandemic and although it centres around one family played by Damon with a cameo by Paltrow, it never seems to delve deeply enough into the life and emotions of any character to enable you to gain any feeling of real fear or sorrow for them.
It may be an attempt to coldly show you the full effects of the fallout of a major epidemic and certainly does not fail to do this but it builds no sense of tension, I would have like to have seen more emphasis on the anguish of those who fall victim to the virus and the race to find the cure.
Someone likened it to 28 Days Later. Although the concept is similar in gritty realism, 28 Days Later succeeded to find emotion with the stories of the people involved, something I felt this movie failed to achieve.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2012 4:17 PM BST

Breville VKJ318 Hot Cup with Variable Dispenser
Breville VKJ318 Hot Cup with Variable Dispenser

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison between Tefal Hot Cup and the Breville Hot Cup, 16 Nov 2011
I bought the Breville Variable hot cup as a gift for my mother and decided to upgrade my older Breville hot cup to one that had a variable function. I bought the Tefal Express to see how it compared to the Breville.
First they are both around the same price at approximately £50 and both hold the same amount of water, 2 litres. Looks wise the Tefal is a funkier design than the Breville and looks good in a modern kitchen.
The Tefal has a slightly quicker boil than the Breville, 30 seconds compared to 40. They both have a manual stop button so you can stop the flow of water at any time if you decide that you want a smaller cup.
I like the variable adjuster better on the Breville than the Tefal. The Breville 'clicks' at each setting point on the variable button, but the Tefal just slides round making it a bit more of a guess to decide what is the right level setting for the cup.
The water container opens up the right way round on the Tefal, making it easier to pour in water than in the Breville which opens from the back of the machine. This may seem a small thing, but you have to pull the Breville round to refill it, rather than simply pouring water in once you open the lid when is more user friendly.
Another reviewer has complained that the water fill level is hidden round the back of the machine on the Tefal making it difficult to see where to refill to. This is true, but I have not found it to be a problem with refilling, you can look inside the water container in the machine to see the max fill level, so it is not a problem to see where to fill to.
Overall I would say that I like the look of the Tefal more and so far it seems to have performed pretty accurately, although I would have preferred the same type of variable setting as on the Breville.
If you have problems with dexterity I would recommend the Tefal over the Breville as it is easier to refill, the Breville also seems to have a few more problems reported so far like the water compartment lid breaking and the variable function not always working properly (note with my mothers machine she has not had any issues with the variable settings), but to be fair on the Breville, it seems to have sold a lot more than the Tefal and is bound to have more issues reported as an average.

Tefal Express Boil BR400815 Kettle, 2 Litre (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Tefal Express Boil BR400815 Kettle, 2 Litre (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

The water container opens up the right way round on the Tefal, making it easier to pour in water than in the Breville which opens from the back of the machine. This may seem a small thing, but you have to pull the Breville round to refill it, rather than simply pouring water in once you open the lid as you can with the Tefal which is more user friendly. Someone has complained that the water fill level is hidden round the back of the machine on the Tefal. This is true if you sit it to the front on your kitchen counter, but regardless I have not found it to be a problem with refilling, you can look inside the water container on the machine to see the max fill level, so it is not a problem to see where to fill to.
Both machines seem reasonably accurate when you change the variable level, but I would say that the Breville just pips the post for slightly better accuracy. The Breville water container lid has unfortunately broken on my mothers kettle, it will not shut properly, this seems to be a common complaint amongst reviews of the Breville machine.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2013 10:29 AM GMT

Time machine
Time machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Too noisy, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Time machine (Toy)
The machine was reasonably easy to assemble and kept time accurately for the month or so that I had it working. I really do like the unusualness of this clock and it is a talking point if you have guests around.
To try to give you an idea of how it works: of the three shelves/trays that you can see in the picture, the longest bottom one holds the hour balls, the middle one holds minutes in 10 minute gaps/slots and the top holds the minutes numbered 1 to 5. As the minutes tick by, the balls gather in the tray and they count up to an hour (when the middle tray should be full).
Every minute a ball is added to the top tray, when it reaches 5 minutes the top tray unloads and starts again. Every 10 minutes a ball is added to the middle tray until the 60 minutes is reached. Then all balls roll back to the start and an extra ball is added on to the hour tray at the bottom (the bottom tray empties out as the clock hits 12 noon or midnight and it all starts again).
Each minute ball from the top tray makes quite a sound when each one rolls in and when they all empty out, but when it hits the hour, the sound of all the balls emptying out from the middle tray is very noisy. Initially we put it in the lounge but moved it after a day or so, as the clack of the balls rolling in the machine each time it hit the hour was detracting from conversation.
We then moved it to our office upstairs which is along a corridor down from our bedroom, but could still hear the machine even with the office and our bedroom door closed!
So now I have taken out the batteries and it is no longer being used. It will probably go to my teenage nephews who I expect will love it!
I would recommend this as an interesting buy if you do not mind the noise! If they could invent a time machine like this that is silent, I would definitely buy it!

Chrome Square Toilet Brush and Holder
Chrome Square Toilet Brush and Holder
Offered by NOVELTY STORE

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks very nice and good quality, but...., 26 Oct 2011
As other reviewers have said these look very nice, contemporary and solid looking. The holder itself is ceramic and is easy to keep clean with a quick wipe over or wash. But the lid itself is metal, within a few months it had rust marks on it and does not look very good. The rust has come from the top lip of the holder getting wet from the brush being replaced and then the lid sitting on the wet areas. I noticed this and tried to wipe the the lip dry after replacing the brush, but this still did not stop the rust marks from appearing. Also like any loo brush, it gets tatty looking after a few months use.
I have recently been in contact with Roman At Home, the suppliers to ask if they could supply me with a new lid and brush, but they told me that unfortunately you have to buy the entire unit and they cannot sell replacement brushes/lids.
It is for this reason that I feel I have to mark this product down, a real shame because it looks so classy but only for the first few months!
I would not bother purchasing again, other products that are cheaper also rust just as quickly, but I would rather pay less to buy one of these if I have to replace in the same length of time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So far seems to have worked, 17 Oct 2011
I recently inherited a integral fitted washing machine when I moved house and discovered that it had a very bad smell and some of my washing was coming out with a brown sludge on it (lovely....). over the past few weeks I have tried using soda crystals and other washing cleaners set on the hottest wash, but the smell kept coming back after I completed subsequent washes, as did the brown sludge on some wash loads. I got Afresh cleaner tablets and did 3 separate washes one straight after the other as advised on the instructions for a badly gummed up machine.
So far it seems to have worked, I have completed more washes in the machine and it has stayed smelling fresh rather than the smell creeping back as previously.
I would rate these as a worthwhile buy.

Wenko 17679100 WC Set, stainless steel, Fossano
Wenko 17679100 WC Set, stainless steel, Fossano

2.0 out of 5 stars Has gone rusty, 20 Mar 2011
Very nice looking product, but so disappointed that it has rusted around the top of the bowl after only a couple of months of use. I have now thrown it away and am looking for another that lasts a bit longer!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7