ARRAY(0xaa7d1ab0)

Profile for Ms. Karen Allen > Reviews

Content by Ms. Karen Allen

Ms. Karen Allen (East Kilbride, Glasgow United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Billy Elliot (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Billy Elliot (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Walters
Price: 5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Billy Elliot!, 9 Jun 2013
What can I say? It's a brill movie. End of. And apparently I need to type another 10 words so there you go.

Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging with Bonus Content
Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging with Bonus Content
Price: 5.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 9 Jun 2013
Manning writes from the heart....the first third of it is excellent and then he starts talking about Pharisees and Doctrine and got a wee bit bored....

Netflix
Netflix
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Netflix (App)
Allows me to watch Netflix on my Kindle. I thought Amazon had stitched it up and only allowed me to watch Lovefilm but alas - this wee App and I can watch Netflix too - Yay!

Healing the Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families (Recovery Classics Edition)
Price: 5.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Mar 2013
Great book. Very straightforward and easy to understand. Gives helpful examples of other people's experiences in growing up and in therapy/group therapy. I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in their inner child.

Narcissistic Predicaments A Biblical Guide To Navigating The Schemes, Snares, And No-Win Situations Unique To Abusive Families
Price: 7.69

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is awful, 29 Aug 2012
The author seems to have used the book to vent about her personal family circumstances. While I don't mind authors drawing on their own experiences, I wasn't prepared for the fact that she is still very much NOT over any of the emotional abuse, and there is no even-handedness about it. It's all very emotional with lots of spitting of feathers. The Scripture references are woeful: "I'll find Scripture to justify my decisions/actions and quote that". I was badly disappointed. Don't buy this book. Have my copy. I got around 60% of the way through it and decided it's not for me.

10ft Telstar Trampoline Combination Package. ONLY 189. QUICK DELIVERY, Trampoline, Safety Enclosure and FREE COVER & LADDER WORTH 40 FREE DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price, 27 Sep 2010
Bought it from Alfresco and the trampoline/safety net/ladder/cover set is great value for money. It took almost 2 hours to put together (but my husband is pretty good at flat pack assembly - it would have taken me a lot longer). Instructions are very clear. Kids have been on it virtually non-stop since it was built, every moment of non-rain! Safety net does its job well - I've seen the kids bounce of it with reasonable force.

Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother
Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile????, 19 May 2010
I'm delighted with the way this little gadget froths milk for my coffee, but just like Bodum (and perhaps other?) cafetieres, it's thin glass and feels like it will break as soon as you look at it. It hasn't broken yet, but I'm being extra careful with it - not using the dishwasher, and generally treating it with kid gloves. Why is it not toughened glass or see through plastic?

Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Graphite (Grey)
Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug, Graphite (Grey)
Offered by EzeeHome
Price: 13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 April 2010
Fantastic! This mug "does what it says on the tin". Makes a perfect cup of coffee. No wastage, no coffee granules floating around. Even feels like a nice, quality item to own. Wish I'd invented it myself. And better still - it's unbreakable, unlike my one-cup (and 4-cup) cafetieres that lasted for a season then got broke. Love it. Might buy more now.

VELVET ELVIS: Repainting the Christian Faith
VELVET ELVIS: Repainting the Christian Faith
by Rob Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, 8 Dec 2008
Possibly it's about where I'm at in my Christian walk, but I found this book incredibly good. I found myself nodding all through it, in agreement with Bell, as if he'd put my thoughts/uncertainties into words.
In summary - don't sweat the small stuff. Don't get tied up in dogma and doctrine. Love God and accept other Christians/denominations where they're at. It's okay that we don't all choose to believe exactly the same things.
Either read it because you're wondering why your congregation sneers at the Church_of_Not_Quite_Dotrinally_Correct congregation down the road. Or read it because you think it's absolutely fundamental to have our doctrinal ducks perfectly in a row. Either way, it will invoke strong feelings of agreement or disagreement (or both!).
I feel like I've been handed some freedom, and my beliefs are no longer aligned with those of the majority of Christians around me. By God's grace, I will be able to handle that with acceptance and grace.

Redemption Songs [Us Import]
Redemption Songs [Us Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 17.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 8 Dec 2008
This was my introduction to Jars of Clay. Beautiful album, where the guys have taken some old hymns and modernised them. One of my favourite tracks is "Nothing but the blood of Jesus". It's sung in such an upbeat way that it fills me with joy! (It also makes difficult for me to sing the orthodox version in church...lol)

Page: 1 | 2