Profile for Rico > Reviews

Content by Rico

Rico "BigRicki" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits
Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits

3.0 out of 5 stars The top of the shaft has a nice grippy diamond texture that means you can palm the ..., 23 Dec. 2015
I wanted a new ratchet, multi-head screwdriver, and was originally looking at a Snap-On one, but I went with this instead. It has 6 different interchangeable heads - 2 flat-head and 4 cross-head/Philips-head of differing sizes and thickness and is magnetized so can hold screws on the tip, which is handy. The top of the shaft has a nice grippy diamond texture that means you can palm the handle and use you fingers to quickly rotate the shaft. The handle has a soft feeling rubber/plastic that is quite comfortable.

This product does feel solid, the ratchet works, and it does do the job. If it wasn't for what I'm about to note below this would have received a higher rating.

Now, the not so good (which could just be mine):
- The actual shaft of the screwdriver wobbles from side to side easily by a couple millimeters, which is incredibly annoying when you are trying to position smaller screws.
- Whilst the ratchet works there is play, especially when the ratchet is in the 'locked' (i.e. central) position. I would accept a little play, but it rotates by upwards of 20 degrees before hitting the limits.
- The bits tray insertion and removal is a bit gritty and feels like they don't fit correctly.

These three things lead me to question the durability of the product, especially the ratchet system. I can imagine with the relatively light use it will be getting from me then it will last a few years, but I wouldn't want to use it in a professional or harsh environment, especially not one where it would be exposed to liquids, dust or dirt.

Mpow® Swift Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Jogger, Running, Sport Headphones Earbuds with Mic Hands-free Calling, AptX for iPhone 6s ,iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5 5c 5s 4s ipad, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3 Note 3 and Other Android Cell Phones
Offered by Patox

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 19 Dec. 2015
I purchased these to use whilst walking to and from work and use in the gym. Initially the were a little finicky to pair with any Bluetooth device - once I got it working with my smartphone it worked precisely 3 times before it would not longer connect. I tried completely discharging the battery and connecting to numerous other devices (smartphones, tablets, PCs and laptops) but would not pair with anything, so hence returned and refunded.

When it did work the sound quality was reasonable, the fit was good and the sound isolation / noise cancelling (passive) was reasonable also. They stayed put during work-outs. I have a friend who has had better luck then me with this product who uses it for running without too much of an issue.

If you are on a budget, take a chance.

1000 Mile Men's Ultra Performance Socklet with Cupron - Black/Orange, X-Large/Size 12-14

2.0 out of 5 stars Run on the small side, 19 Dec. 2015
I have purchased a few 1000 Mile products in the past, and I am sad to say that these do not fill well at all. I am a size 11.5 so I purchased the 12 to 14 size and they are simply too tight out of the packet! I am very disappointed as previous experience of 1000 Mile has always been positive.

That being said, the colors are true to the picture and they feel to be the same quality as the rest of the range - it is just a shame they are too small!

ORICO Portable 2.5 inch hard disk bag/ hard drive protection case/ hard drive carrying case for 2.5 inch IDE, SATA HDD and SSD, MP3,etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case, 19 Dec. 2015
I have two of these cases now; a blue and a green version - one was purchased later as I was so pleased with the first. Both look as per the product pictures, so I imagine the other colors will as well. Overall the finish is good and feels well made.

The case feels very durable and squash resistant - I reckon you could sit on it without any ill effect. I use them to store my external HDD whilst travelling, as well as to keep things together at home. They have been through multiple trips in suitcases, hand-luggage, taken to the office etc. and show no signs of damage or deterioration either (inside and out).

Each case will happily accommodate a 2.5" external HDD plus the cable. I also often store some additional SD cards or USB pens in the case. Inside the case you have a elastic strap that holds the HDD in place, which does a good job and feels like it should last, and a mesh pouch on the front to put your cable and other items in (in my case SD cards and USB pens too). Size wise it is a perfect fit width-wise, you have maybe 30mm extra length (makes taking the HDD in and out easy, plus extra storage!) and about 25mm extra depth.

I can confim the following drivers fit:
- WD My Passport
- WD Elements
- Samsung M3 Portable

Final thoughts are that I wouldn't hesitate recommending this to anyone. The only reason I would look elsewhere was if I needed to find the most form-fitting of cases.

Australian Tea Tree Cleansing Soap 90g
Australian Tea Tree Cleansing Soap 90g

2.0 out of 5 stars Very over-hyped and over-priced soap, 26 Sept. 2015
I originally purchased it for the tea tree content (and the anti-bacterial properties) to use after the gym - an all in one for head, and body, but found it to be lacking. Aside from the lack of discernible tea tree, the other major issue I had was that it actually caused me to develop spots on my neck - as soon as I stopped using it they went away, something I have noted with some other soaps. It also caused me to sweat more in certain areas, such as my feet, which I have, again, experienced with some other soaps. Finally, despite some claims of it lasting for ages, I managed 3 weeks of daily morning showers before it was used up... hardly the months and months some have claimed.

I have used other tea tree soaps at far cheaper prices that are far more effective and last longer.

If this soap was selling for half the price I would rate it higher as it is not a bad soap, but don't expect a miracle soap, and I obviously won't be ordering again.

The Enchantment Emporium
The Enchantment Emporium

4.0 out of 5 stars The Good -- Something a little different and not your out-and-out ..., 5 April 2015
This is my first time reading this author -- purchased on a whim -- and from what I've read here I will be reading more of her work.

The Good
-- Something a little different and not your out-and-out sorcery story with a reasonably unique twist on a common theme.
-- Reasonably well written, fast paced and quite engaging.
-- A range of main characters who are, for the most part, quite individual.
-- The author doesn't bog us down with unnecessary descriptions and detail, all adding to the good pace of the book.

The Bad
-- The use of sexual reference early on is quite substantial (no actual sex scenes) but as some of them are / are implied incestuous it was one of the first times I felt uncomfortable reading a book. Certain aspects of the 'close family' are way too close for my likes.
-- Now, it may just be due to me reading this for an hour or so before bed and not being fully awake, but this is one of the first books where I had a hard time following / remembering who the supporting characters were. There were so many Aunties with so little to differentiate them that I felt it was just fluff.
-- The story is set in Canada but the entire story could be transported to any other 'western' locale and you wouldn't see a difference. I feel the author could have made more of the use of the setting rather than just mentioning cowboy-esq attire and odd landmark (that could have been fictional if I hand't Googled it).
-- The conclusion to the story was cliched and without wanting to spoil it, the good guys win as they are more powerful than they thought but with no explanation why. Perhaps this will be dealt with in later books in the series?

All being said -- and despite my lengthy bad points -- I genuinely enjoyed this book and will happily read the next in the series and more from this author.

[Non-Slip] SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case Slim [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium SF Coated Matte Hard Case for Nexus 5 - Smooth Black
Offered by Spigen UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 26 Jan. 2015
Like my previous Spigen products, this is a well designed, well manufactured, good fitting case for the Nexus 5. It snaps onto the phone nicely with little effort. The back has a nice soft-touch feel to it -- apparently inspired by the phone itself.

All the ports on the phone are clear removing my only issue with my other Spigen case that had a narrow 3.5mm jack opening.

The only gripe I have with the case are the cut-outs for the buttons. They allow easy access, but I am forever finding that I a pressing the case thinking it is the button rather than the buttons themselves. This is probably a learned behavior from my previous case that I'll eventually learn out off.

George Foreman 12207 Cleaning Sponge (pack of two) - Blue
George Foreman 12207 Cleaning Sponge (pack of two) - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars They fit the grooves nicely and do a good job of cleaning without having ..., 26 Jan. 2015
These are, as the name suggests, designed for the George Foreman grills. They fit the grooves nicely and do a good job of cleaning without having to apply too much pressure. The blue side is similar to a normal sponge with the black reverse being far more coarse so as to get those more stubborn food stuffs off. They were larger than I expected. I see no reason why one could not use these as a normal sponge for washing up.

Sub Sports COLD Men's Thermal Compression Baselayer Long Sleeve Top - XX-Large, Yellow

2.0 out of 5 stars Small sizing., 26 Jan. 2015
The feel and build quality of this item is good. However, I purchased this in XXL and whilst the arm and body length was pretty decent for some one tall (I am 6'8"), it was so tight as to be pretty much unwearable -- I am classed as normal weight by the doctors (i.e. I'm not fat) so to have a XXL top that is difficult to put on and near as impossible to take-off seems ludicrous, especially when I normal only wear and L size.

Visconti Wallet - 705 Arrow - Hunter Leather - Oil Brown
Visconti Wallet - 705 Arrow - Hunter Leather - Oil Brown
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, poorly designed., 26 Jan. 2015
I was in search of a more compact wallet and this wallet looked to fulfill the role brilliantly. This wallet is very nicely built, with good even stitching and lovely genuine leather. The design, however, leaves somewhat to be desired.

There are two main reason it only receives 3 stars. Firstly, the pockets are rather tight fitting around cards, making it difficult to insert and remove them -- I've had this wallet for a few months now and it hasn't stretched enough for this to improve much. Secondly, the notes pocket is barely large enough for UK notes -- when travelling abroad I often have to fold the notes in half to be able to keep them in the wallet (something I didn't have to do with my old wallet. Thirdly, and finally, the coin compartment is so fiddly that I tend to put the coins in my pocket rather than stand there trying to put them in the wallet -- I am not some one who carries many coins, but even the couple I carry are a struggle to deal with -- taking the coins out is even more difficult than inserting them!

The other issue for potential purchasers are that only the first cards on either side are easily accessible, the second and third are _really_ tricky and the fourth is near useless for any 'quick-access' required cards. As someone who only carries a single debit, credit and identity card this wasn't an issue, but if you have many loyalty cards or multiple credit cards then this would quickly become frustrating.

If the wallet was only a little bigger in all directions it would make a huge difference and far more usable. As it is, I have decided to retire this wallet and have purchased a different one from the same manufacturer. I will now only be using this when I need a super discreet wallet for an evening.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7