Profile for J. Rogers > Reviews

Content by J. Rogers

J. Rogers (Kent, England)

Saturday Night Wrist
Saturday Night Wrist

5.0 out of 5 stars Deftones return to their triumphant best!, 7 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Saturday Night Wrist (Audio CD)
Many people were disappointed with the boys' previous offering and thought Deftones couldn't again equal their finest moments which, in my opinion, were found on White Pony. Well, they have. This album is what we all love about that Deftones sound and style but this time they seem to have taken it to a new level. If you want atmosphere then you've got in abundance. Every track oozes class and there seems to be a new diversity shining through which you may not have heard on the previous albums. Deftones have always been a kind of "aquired taste" but even my once R&B/Soul listening partner and my 10 yr old daughter both sat in revered silence when I played Saturday Night Wrist to them and duly converted them to the cause. The bottom line is if you like Deftones, buy this now. If you don't like them, buy it anyway and give it a listen. And even though I'm British, I didn't take offence to the insinuation that we all have bad teeth!!! "Pink Cellphone" will reveal the answer to that but that's one track that definately was not played to my daughter!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 5:20 PM GMT