Profile for Lillibet > Reviews

You, Me and Other People
You, Me and Other People
by Fionnuala Kearney

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 July 2016
My first encounter with this Author & I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It kept me spellbound and I truly believed in the characters. I loved the fact it was written from both points of view as well. Hoorah - another great Author to add to the list!

Another Love (No Greater Courage)
Another Love (No Greater Courage)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amanda Prowses Best so Far, 28 Jan. 2016
I've loved all of Amanda Prowses books - they all have that special something that makes you just want to keep turning the pages.
But this one?! Well in my opinion this surpasses all her previous books.
At one stage I realised I was holding my breath in anticipation & fear of what was happening to the main character Romily.
Another Love has huge depth and the clarity with which Amanda writes about a woman's struggle with alcohol and how that impacts on her marriage and family is truly breathtaking. Incredibly insightful and I particularly like the view of what happens from the daughter Celeste and her thoughts.
I absolutely guarantee that reading this book will change the way you look at the next bottle of wine you buy in the supermarket - or the woman next to you!

Battery Operated Heart Fairy Light Wreath with 10 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Battery Operated Heart Fairy Light Wreath with 10 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok!, 16 Dec. 2015
Ordered 2 only one worked. Working one is VERY pretty. Ordered another.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bricking It
Bricking It
by Nick Spalding

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fabulous!, 5 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Bricking It (Paperback)
There's a place for all sorts of books in my life - serious, informative, tear jerkers - but there's also a place for Nick Spalding and his hilarious books.
There is no other author that can have me giggling when I read a book like this man can. I try to read his books slowly so that they last a long time but it's almost impossible!
Loved the plot - good old grandma and as for Pat the Cow - I loved her!
Tell you what Nick, I'll keep on buying your books for as long as you keep making me laugh!
Thank you for making me laugh with Bricking It.
Liz H

Modern Designer Carpet -Winchester- Modern Rug in Grey Silver, Size:160x230 cm
Modern Designer Carpet -Winchester- Modern Rug in Grey Silver, Size:160x230 cm
Offered by Rug24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vfm, 21 Oct. 2015
Fantastic value for money. Looks great and excellent quality!

Universal Stepped Knife Block Organiser Display Kitchen Tidy Black Unique Design Stylish Sustainable Bamboo (Bamboo)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!!, 21 Oct. 2015
An absolutely brilliant product. Was slightly sceptical when I received it - but you can see the amount of knives it holds!!! Love, love, love it and highly recommend it head and shoulders above its competitors.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Secrets We Keep
The Secrets We Keep

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 29 Sept. 2015
I could not put this book down!!! From start to finish I loved the characters, their complex personalities, the deception. Brilliant!! Now to find his other books!!

Perfect Daughter (No Greater Courage)
Perfect Daughter (No Greater Courage)
by Amanda Prowse

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read!, 11 July 2015
Yet again Amanda Prowse is on point with this book. Not quite the tear jerker (thankfully) I have come to expect, but wow, the story line resonated with lost hopes & dreams. Every time you read one of Amanda's books you know you're going on a great journey & this was no different! Well done love. Liz

Eat Your Competition for Lunch: 27 Golden Rules of running a successful and profitable food business - and enjoy doing it!
by Ali Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars In hospitality? Buy this book now!, 9 Mar. 2015
A fantastic book, full of great tips that make you go 'oh yes'!!!! Some stupidly easy stuff that is so fundamental but easily overlooked. Not full of jargon which is much appreciated. Experienced or new to hospitality you really should have this book at your fingertips.

A Mother's Story (No Greater Courage)
A Mother's Story (No Greater Courage)
by Amanda Prowse

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far?, 7 Mar. 2015
Every book of Amandas that I read I think is the best - but this really is! I was completely enthralled from start to finish. She handles the topic with sensitivity & truthfulness, she doesn't shy away from the enormity of unmissed signs of what could happen - and tragically does. Amanda you are the greatest writer it's been my privilege to read your books.
Liz