Profile for burgess.family@manutd.com > Reviews

burgess.family@manutd.com (Macclesfield, England)

Definitive Collection
Definitive Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars More than worth every penny, 19 Jun. 2001
This review is from: Definitive Collection (Audio CD)
I'm sorry, but it's great. I was a big David Cassidy fan and bought this CD mostly because all my LPs have stayed in their plastic covers for yonks and I never go to the trouble of getting them out and playing them. After all, I'm a grown up now - far too sensible and mature to play that sort of stuff. And CDs are so much more convenient for grown-ups to deal with. But when I saw that this collection was available on CD I thought it would be a bit of a giggle to buy it. Get ready, girls - when you put this CD on you are transported back to being a teenager! All the old feelings come rushing back - you're fourteen again! You know it's simple music and designed to appeal to young teenage girls - but what the heck, we were young teenage girls and we ate it up! You remember all the words of all the songs and you can't avoid singing along. The only strange thing is that when you played the original records to death you may have got used to jumps in the well-worn records shortening parts of the favourite songs - and yet on the CD they are miraculously whole again! Quite odd. Great stuff. If you like me don't look at the track list and just sit back, prepared for nice surprises as you hear the old songs pop up in an unexpected order, your smile muscles will ache, your eyes will be mist over with recollections of those heady 1970s and being a teenager. And if you loved this music then, you'll love it now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2009 2:49 PM GMT