Profile for camp chick > Reviews

Content by camp chick

camp chick

Paw Plunger Large Black + Baggel Paw Protector/cleaner for pets. The best way to clean the paws of your dog
Offered by Van der Basch Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Gadget, 2 Feb. 2015
This is a brilliant piece of kit! We have an Irish Setter who has large, very hairy feet and who loves to walk through the muddiest part of fields. Washing his feet in a bowl of water after walks has never really cleaned them and we ended up with water all over the floor as well. Paw Plunger is amazing - it seems to scrub the mud from between his pads, the water stays in the barrel and he actually seems to like having his feet cleaned with it. I was sceptical when I saw this advertised but desperation to find a way of cleaning off the mud made me think it was worth a try. It has definitely more than proved its worth.

To Kill A Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 6 Sept. 2014
A book with a hidden meaning on almost every page. Easy reading but with a real depth to the text.

The Art of Perception: Memoirs of a Life in PR
The Art of Perception: Memoirs of a Life in PR

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting insight into the world of PR, 9 Sept. 2013
This book gives an insight into the world of PR and also some interesting insights into the workings of international relations and the difficulties encountered in dealing with clients across the globe. The book certainly has some entertaining moments but personally I found that they became a bit repetitive and as the book went on I found myself losing interest in places. The book is quite well written and by and large makes an unusual subject choice come to life.
I tried this book as it is completely different from the type of book I would normally read and whilst probably not quite "my thing" I would recommend it in that it is easy to read and the subject content would probably appeal more to anyone who has an interest in PR/media/advertising/public relations.

A Swarming of Bees
A Swarming of Bees

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 6 Jun. 2013
Intertesting historical background, but without being overwhelming and boring (I am not into history in any depth I'm afraid!), alongside a good storyline.
I found it quite a gripping read, often reading on more than I'd intended to unravel the mystery! Won't give away any more than that! I would recommend as an easy,"light" read.

Campingaz Camp Bistro Gas Stove - Blue
Campingaz Camp Bistro Gas Stove - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Campingaz Camp Bistro, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
This is a brilliant little cooker - lightweight, easy to use and cooks quickly under normal summer camping conditions. BUT just one drawback to be aware of - as with most stoves using gas cartridges - it is not quick or efficient if the weather is cold.