Profile for julien busselle > Reviews

Victorinox Explorer Swiss Army Knife (Red) 1670300 VICEXPL
Victorinox Explorer Swiss Army Knife (Red) 1670300 VICEXPL
Offered by Knives Master

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect balance, 29 Aug 2010
I have had the Swiss Champ for decades but to be honest it is too big and heavy to put in your trouser pocket or hang on a belt. This little beauty has all of the tools I use the most but is smaller (narrower)and lighter and as such won't start pulling your trousers down as a result. I now believe this to be the best knife not only in the Swiss Army range but of any comparable manufacturer.
Take it on a picnic and the small and large knives are perfect for peeling and slicing and you can open a bottle of plonk or a bottle of beer thanks to the corkscrew and cap lifter. For on the spot maintenance jobs there is a large and a small flat-head screwdriver together with a cross-head one too - these will cover most situations and I've used them for situations above what they were probably designed for and they are still perfect. I can't tell you how many times those scissors have come in handy, and the reamer is always being used as a bradle. Admittedly I don't recall using the hook though. In the recess for the corkscrew you will find a tiny hole for adding a pin - together with the supplied tweezers and magnifying glass you'll be able to remove all splinters. Don't forget to buy the tiny screwdriver that inserts into the corkscrew (about £3.00) and then together with the magnifying glass you can make on the spot repairs to your glasses. Really what more do you need?
My Swiss champ has proved far more durable than my Leatherman so I expect the Explorer to fair the same, indeed I found a Swiss army knife on a beach once, it was smashed and completely jammed with stones and grit - I freed it up and the blades were still sharp and not a hint of rust was evident, if only other makes were as durable! Buy one and you will be using it more than you would have imagined - this is one purchase you won't regret.

Everything I Need
Everything I Need

5.0 out of 5 stars A real talent, 1 April 2006
This review is from: Everything I Need (Audio CD)
I initially made a long review of this CD but deleted it, just buy it for gods sake it's superb. If you love the blues/ R&B, this is the man, really. Clapton, Hendrix, King, Vaughan, Allman, oh and Mick Taylor, he's up there with them. Genuine talent with playing from the heart like it should be - buy, buy, buy!!!