Profile for Desmond Robinson > Reviews

Content by Desmond Robinson

Desmond Robinson "D.robinson" (Ballymena N. Nireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Zen Haiku: Haiku Derived from the Zen Teachings of Huang Po on Mind Transmission

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Mar. 2015
Excellent read, so simple and clear you the 'gist of Huang Po in delightful verse form...

Sai Mantra: 108 Dhun Chants (Non Stop)
Sai Mantra: 108 Dhun Chants (Non Stop)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Maha Mantra of Shirdi Sai Baba, 16 Jan. 2015
This is a very pleasant version of this Sai mantra...it took me a little time to 'pick up' the lyrics...I used Google to find and learn the full lyrics; it sounds quite clear now...I would definitely recommend this 108 repetitions of Sai Mantra by Vishal Khera lasting c. 60 minutes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

MANTRAS TO CURE ALL DISEASES; DESTROY ENEMIES, MISFORTUNE, AND SINS; REDUCE DEBT; PREVENT CALAMITY, WIN LAWSUIT; MOST PROFOUND VEDIC SANSKRIT DIVINE ENERGY BASED MANTRA: SANSKRIT TEXT WITH ENGLISH

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice little book if you already know and understand something ..., 11 Dec. 2014
A nice little book if you already know and understand something of Sanskrit Mantra and its proper pronunciation ... I am glad I bought it ... it is good and a bit 'different' from the 'usual' genre on Mantra.

Sings Hank & Bob [Double CD]
Sings Hank & Bob [Double CD]

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a super recording on 2 CDs, 11 Dec. 2014
You "can't go wrong" with a young George Jones singing 'Hank & Bob' ... especially with the Hank Williams songs ... this is a super recording on 2 CDs ... the MP3. download version seems to Burn only as 'MP3' format, but if you split it and down load as 2 separate discs you will be able to burn it on ordinary CDs ... at least that was my experience anyhow ... If you like 'Real' Country then buy this one!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Silent Night, Holy Night (German Version)
Silent Night, Holy Night (German Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is indeed very beautiful music., 11 Dec. 2014
This is indeed very beautiful music ... I get the impression though, that it is ENGLISH children singing beautifully in German.

Sacred Songs of Kitty Wells
Sacred Songs of Kitty Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred songs of Kitty Wells, 24 April 2013
well, how can a Country music fan not love the 'original Queen of Country'-the one and only Kitty Wells?! I am very pleased with the 16 tracks, but slightly 'disappointed' that track N0. 12: "Married by the Bible" is simply the old Golden Standard by the one and only country superstar 'Hank Snow'-this is Snow on his own-without Kitty Wells-what's it doing in this collection?! I am not sure about track 16: "We'll meet again some day"-is it Hank Williams & Kitty Wells or Hank and his sister Audrey Williams ... it may be Kitty in the background with him-I can't.
argue. Tracks: 9, 10 & 11 by Wells are beautiful, but not Gospel-they could be regarded as coming 'close' though. Yes, I am pleased with the collection.

Dust On The Bible
Dust On The Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Dust on the Bible'-(not the album)-by kitty Wells, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Dust On The Bible (MP3 Download)
Yes, I do love it-but was disappointed in a sense, as it was not the original album by that name, which was a "Hi FI DECCA Label which had 12 songs equally as good ... maybe I could pick the original up sometime later on CD format ... (?)

An T-Eilean Dorcha (The Dark Island)
An T-Eilean Dorcha (The Dark Island)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Island-(sung in Highland Gahlic)-by David Solley, 11 Mar. 2013
A most beautiful and haunting rendering by David Solley ,in Gahlic, of this old Scottish Highland favourite. I first heard it sung in English by the late Sam Hughes of Ballymena-(one of Ireland's best Tenors). The tune was played on the Highland pipes at the Queen Mother's funeral.

Red River Valley Blues
Red River Valley Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars The Red River Valley Blues by Montana Slim, 11 Mar. 2013
Yes, I do love this old song; I first heard my mother singing it when I was a young boy-I do not know where she heard it-I never heard anyone else but her singing it in those days. The summer after my mother passed on in 1976, I found a double LP album of Montana Slim and one of the tracks was the Red River Valley Blues ... I can't find any other artiste who has recorded this song-so it is indeed one of my very special old vintage recordings-it seems to be the sequal to the much more common Red River Valley ballad which has been recorded 'umpteen' times by as many artistes. It is great that we can buy it as MP3 Download on Amazon.

Doonaree
Doonaree

4.0 out of 5 stars margo sings Doonaree MP3, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Doonaree (MP3 Download)
Yes I like Vera Lynn's version of Doonaree-but being a popular commercial production she had to leave a verse out i.e. the one about the 'chessnut tree etc. if you want the full version try some Irish country and folk singer Margo-(Daniell 'O Donnell's sister). But of course Vera's version is full of nostalgia and her voice itself is beautiful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3