Profile for Desmond Robinson > Reviews

Content by Desmond Robinson

Desmond Robinson "D.robinson" (Ballymena N. Nireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Sacred Songs of Kitty Wells
Sacred Songs of Kitty Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred songs of Kitty Wells, 24 April 2013
well, how can a Country music fan not love the 'original Queen of Country'-the one and only Kitty Wells?! I am very pleased with the 16 tracks, but slightly 'disappointed' that track N0. 12: "Married by the Bible" is simply the old Golden Standard by the one and only country superstar 'Hank Snow'-this is Snow on his own-without Kitty Wells-what's it doing in this collection?! I am not sure about track 16: "We'll meet again some day"-is it Hank Williams & Kitty Wells or Hank and his sister Audrey Williams ... it may be Kitty in the background with him-I can't.
argue. Tracks: 9, 10 & 11 by Wells are beautiful, but not Gospel-they could be regarded as coming 'close' though. Yes, I am pleased with the collection.

Dust On The Bible
Dust On The Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Dust on the Bible'-(not the album)-by kitty Wells, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Dust On The Bible (MP3 Download)
Yes, I do love it-but was disappointed in a sense, as it was not the original album by that name, which was a "Hi FI DECCA Label which had 12 songs equally as good ... maybe I could pick the original up sometime later on CD format ... (?)

An T-Eilean Dorcha (The Dark Island)
An T-Eilean Dorcha (The Dark Island)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Island-(sung in Highland Gahlic)-by David Solley, 11 Mar 2013
A most beautiful and haunting rendering by David Solley ,in Gahlic, of this old Scottish Highland favourite. I first heard it sung in English by the late Sam Hughes of Ballymena-(one of Ireland's best Tenors). The tune was played on the Highland pipes at the Queen Mother's funeral.

Red River Valley Blues
Red River Valley Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars The Red River Valley Blues by Montana Slim, 11 Mar 2013
Yes, I do love this old song; I first heard my mother singing it when I was a young boy-I do not know where she heard it-I never heard anyone else but her singing it in those days. The summer after my mother passed on in 1976, I found a double LP album of Montana Slim and one of the tracks was the Red River Valley Blues ... I can't find any other artiste who has recorded this song-so it is indeed one of my very special old vintage recordings-it seems to be the sequal to the much more common Red River Valley ballad which has been recorded 'umpteen' times by as many artistes. It is great that we can buy it as MP3 Download on Amazon.

Doonaree
Doonaree

4.0 out of 5 stars margo sings Doonaree MP3, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Doonaree (MP3 Download)
Yes I like Vera Lynn's version of Doonaree-but being a popular commercial production she had to leave a verse out i.e. the one about the 'chessnut tree etc. if you want the full version try some Irish country and folk singer Margo-(Daniell 'O Donnell's sister). But of course Vera's version is full of nostalgia and her voice itself is beautiful.

Overcoming Sexual Performance Anxiety (Brainwave Treatment: Binaural Beats & Positive Affirmations)

5.0 out of 5 stars SEXUAL RELAXATION THERAPY, 5 Nov 2012
Yoga SleepTHE PRODUCT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FINE; THE MALE VOICE SOUNDS ASIAN AND IS VERY SOFT AND GOOD TO LISTEN TO; THE SUBJECT-CONTENT IS ALSO VERY GOOD BUT THE BACKGROUND BACKING SOUND IS SIMPLY 'DREADFUL'-IT SOUNDS LIKE THE NOISE OF A BIG FACTORY WORKS! AN EXCELLENT WORK OF THERAPY RUINED BY SUCH A BAD CHOICE OF BACKUP...!

Om Sri Rama
Om Sri Rama

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Taraka Mantra of Lord Rama, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Om Sri Rama (MP3 Download)
Nama-Japa

AMAZON MP3 DOWNLOAD:-'OM SRI RAMA JAYA RAMA JAYA JAYA RAMA' IS WELL DONE HERE BY TIM WHEATLY; HE GIVES IT VERY SPECIAL CELTIC 'MYSTICAL' AND SOOTHING TOUCH WITH THE 'DEEP' SOUNDING BACKROUND MUSIC OF FLUTE, AND GROUP SINGING OF THE MANTRA-WHICH IS CORRECTLY PRONOUNCED-(SOMETHING THAT SOMETIMES CAN BE HARD TO FIND). THE DURATION OF THE MANTRA IS 15 MINUTES. THIS 'GREAT TARAKA' MANTRA IS EXTREMELY POWERFUL FOR ULTIMATE SPIRITUAL LIBERATION AND HEALING.

Sri Rama Rama Rameti
Sri Rama Rama Rameti

5.0 out of 5 stars The Glory of Ramanama, 17 April 2012
Nama Japa: Prayer of the Name in the Hindu and Christian Traditions (Buddhist Tradition S.)

The MP3 Download: 'Sri Rama Rama Rameti' by Churamathi is simply wonderful to listen to, her beautiful Indian voice gives the Mantra a very special sound-she sings the Mantra to a very nice musical background; this is a very powerful Mantra for Spiritual Liberation and healing-I highly recommend this version if you like listening to Indian singers.

Shri Rama Mantra-Equivalent to saying 1000 names of Vishnu
Shri Rama Mantra-Equivalent to saying 1000 names of Vishnu

5.0 out of 5 stars The Glory of Ramanama, 17 April 2012
The Story of India (BBC Audio)

The Amazon MP3 Download: Shri Rama Mantra Equivalent to saying 1000 names of Vishnu is simply excellent! The rich Indian male voice of Prana Kishore gives this Mantra a very special healing sound, he chants it slowly and distinctly for over one minute-when the Mantra is repeated on one disc it has indeed a very relaxing effect-great when driving along in the car!

Gunga Din
Gunga Din

5.0 out of 5 stars Gunga Din, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Gunga Din (MP3 Download)
Maha Mantra
Pleased with MP3 Download of the poem Gunga Din-I always thought 'Gunga Din' was a legendry Military figure of modern India-now I am aware that Gunga Din is an imaginary character in a famous poem by Rudyard Kipling; I was also surprised to hear Kipling himself, actually reading the poem on the recording! Kipling's attitude or mood in the poem regarding Gunga Din would not be mine towards Indians, but he does reflect well the general attitude of the then ruling British Raj-however, an early film 'Gunga Din' starring Gregory Peck does portray Gunga Din as a very great Hero indeed-which he would have been! "You're a better man than I am Gunga Din' somes it all up in the end.
It is a great wee poem and most, if not all of the British soldiers who searved in India during WW11 would be very familiar with that most famous last line-"You're a better man than I am Gunga Din."
I would recommend both the Poem and Film-starring Gregory Peck-I became fully aware of both in June this year, which I enjoyed very much.

Page: 1 | 2