Profile for J. Petty > Reviews

Content by J. Petty

J. Petty (Birmingham, UK)

'DrinkPod' Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask White
'DrinkPod' Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask White
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 2 July 2012
I recently started a new job and need to bring milk to work to make cups of tea throughout the day as I don't have access to a fridge. I received this item two days ago and am using it for the first time today. For the first use, I'm really impressed. It is now just after 4pm and the milk (what's left of it!) that I poured into this dinky little flask at 7.30 this morning is still cold! The flask itself is lovely and small, slips easily into my work bag, seals good and tight (last thing I want is a work bag that stinks of sour milk) and keeps cold things cold, and therefore presumably hot things hot. All in all, does the job I needed and looks good too.

Veho VDC-001-Lite USB Powered Desktop Fan with Safety Blades
Veho VDC-001-Lite USB Powered Desktop Fan with Safety Blades

4.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 29 Jun. 2009
Have had this little fan for a couple of weeks now and it's great. Not exactly going to blow me off my chair but gives a nice little breeze and although it has a slight buzz to it, is certainly not the noisiest desk fan I've ever had. Have just tried the usb port for the first time and it overrides the fan when you plug something else in, meaning you have to turn the fan back on again but other than that is working well so far, opened my flash drive with no problems. All in all a good little device for the price.

The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark (Jill Tomlinson's Favourite Animal Tales)
The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark (Jill Tomlinson's Favourite Animal Tales)
by Jill Tomlinson

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 17 Feb. 2009
I loved this book as a child and was so pleased to see it on here that I bought it as a gift for my friend's daughter. It turns out she has had it read to her at school but I have a feeling it will now become a family favourite too.

It's a really lovely story about a baby owl who is scared of the dark but through meeting various people learns to overcome his fears. I think my favourite thing about this book as a child though was the fact that the owl is called Plop! Lovely to read aloud at bedtime and a lovely book for early readers to gain confidence with.

Having read a couple of other reviews on here, I'd definitely recommend checking you have the original 'unabridged' version, especially if you've read it yourself as a child as I would certainly have missed some of my favourite bits.