Profile for Kathleen > Reviews

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the best ever., 24 Nov. 2014
I had read the reviews of this programme and decided to go mad and buy the box set. I am so glad I did. It is just about the most fantastic series ever - even better than House. In places, especially the episode called The Fly, I was creased up laughing until my stomach hurt. The two main characters are so perfectly cast. Sometimes I had to close my eyes as it was so violent and gory. It is so completely watchable, you can't wait for the next episode. What on earth I am going to watch after this I have no idea. I am on the last CD so haven't seen the end yet. Part of me is dying to know and yet part of me doesn't want it to end. Fully deserving of the awards it received. I would recommend this box set to anyone who enjoys really good drama.

Nights In Rodanthe [DVD] [2008]
Nights In Rodanthe [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Richard Gere

4.0 out of 5 stars Richard Gere- Cor!, 18 May 2014
This is a gentle film about people over 18!!! Nice to have a more mature love story. Very predictable but not all.
I cried. A good sign!! Just love Richard Gere in romantic mode. Diane Lane a bit watery and wishy washy and I wanted to kick her at times but overall a nice, gentle film for a girls' night in.

High Crimes [DVD] [2002]
High Crimes [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Jim Caviezel
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Seen before but still good., 18 May 2014
This review is from: High Crimes [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I just love anything Morgan Freeman does. He is simply incapable of making a bad film. The story was brilliant and not disappointing. Fun in places which lifted the dramatic parts. Its an old film that I had seen on t.v. but still couldn't remember the ending - my age I'm sure but is quite handy when watching repeats on t.v!!!!!

Tyrannosaur [DVD]
Tyrannosaur [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Mullan
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite violent, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Tyrannosaur [DVD] (DVD)
I love these kind of kitchen sink dramas and this one was very good if you like this genre. First class actors. The story was predictable but I still enjoyed it.

Pet Mate Lockable Cat Flap and Liner Brown
Pet Mate Lockable Cat Flap and Liner Brown
Offered by Petstuffgalore

4.0 out of 5 stars Its fine, 8 Jan. 2014
This is a good buy. Does what it says and easy to fit. Recommended for anyone with a puss who needs an easy entry.

Valkyrie [DVD]
Valkyrie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Valkyrie [DVD] (DVD)
I didn't know the history of this subject and found it really interesting. It was a good film, very watchable.

New York Stories [DVD] [1989]
New York Stories [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Woody Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a brilliant Allen film, 8 Jan. 2014
This was not your usual Woody Allen laugh a minute film. A bit mundane and I was bored and wanting to switch off before the end.

Quartet [DVD]
Quartet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Its average, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Quartet [DVD] (DVD)
This seemed to be a vehicle to follow on from the success of other films starring ageing actors and actresses. It was a bit boring and the story was unsurprising. A film that was o.k for an ageing girls' night in but not recommended for younger viewers. Very predictable and the lip syncing not very believable.

Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 15 Dec. 2013
Every home should have one of these. You can't fault it. No smears on windows and my bathroom tiles shine.

Song for Marion [DVD] [2012]
Song for Marion [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Gemma Arterton

3.0 out of 5 stars Tissues at the ready., 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Song for Marion [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
A simple, easy to watch film probably more suited to girls and ladies. Good cast, sweet story, not too maudlin. Have your tissues ready at the end - and not for what you might think I mean.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3