Profile for A Purdy > Reviews

A Purdy

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money....., 24 Jun. 2012
I read about this book a few months ago but wasn't really interested, however a few of my work colleagues have read it and raved about it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

How this book has so many 5 star reviews, I have no idea. The book is badly written, there is literally no plot and the characters are laughably 2 dimensional. Even the sex scenes, which you might think would provide a bit of excitement between pages of terrible prose, were dire. If I hadn't seen a picture of the author already, I would have thought that it was written by a 16 year old.

If it were possible to make a drinking game from a book, this would be ideal. Drink every time the words 'Oh my', 'Inner Goddess', 'Subconscious', 'Foil packet' 'Holy crap' or 'Biting my lip' are used, and you'll be very drunk very quickly..... It is incredibly repetitive - for example, parts of the 'sex contract' are reproduced in full on more than one occasion.

If you truly believe that this is 'the best book ever written', I'd be interested to see the kind of books that you've read before. I wouldn't even recommend this book if it was free.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 7:45 PM BST