Profile for Bob > Reviews

Veep - Complete HBO Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 19 Dec 2013
This is a really funny show. the kind where I was rewinding scenes just to laugh at something again. I watched all the shows back to back it was that good.

Side Effects [Blu-ray]
Side Effects [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jude Law
Price: 5.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Side Effects [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
not a film I felt like watching more than once - but is quite clever and good entertainment. But quite dark in first half. depressing.

Robo Fish Blue Shark
Robo Fish Blue Shark
Offered by AVIDES
Price: 10.72

4.0 out of 5 stars makes bathtime fun, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Robo Fish Blue Shark (Toy)
Amusing for my three year old nephew. He loves it. and my older eight year old also thinks it is cool too.

Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK
Price: 7.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but flawed, 20 Mar 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
It's been exactly 12 days since I sat in awe as the game installed... nothing Total War have ever created has disappointed me. The first few days were fun but frustrating as things like the campaign map just didn't work as well as in Medieval/Rome TW and the battle tension of previous games just isn't the same. Graphically, battles are superb - you can see how much time and energy has gone into making this - but after a few days I felt disappointed. It's beautiful to watch - but I didn't have to work to win - feels like there is less strategy compared to the other games and I ended up auto resolving most battles and won many times seemingly regardless of what unit mix, strength or experience armies had. That said, there may be hidden depths given all the faction options, technology choices and sea battles/trading. If you are thinking of buying this, make sure your system can cope - I can literally make a cup of tea between turns.