Profile for Telthepensioner > Reviews

Content by Telthepensioner

Telthepensioner "Tel Earl" (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Finders Keepers (The Bill Hodges Trilogy Book 2)
Finders Keepers (The Bill Hodges Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 26 July 2016
The baddy's obsession didn't quite ring so true in this, second of the Trilogy. But King's still got it. Thankfully.

Hama Commander Remote Control Holder Black
Hama Commander Remote Control Holder Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Too deep...., 25 July 2016
I now have SIX remotes in the lounge (including lighting and a tiny AppleTVRemote) and was forever losing one or other of them down the back of the sofa.
This looked ideal but unfortunately, the depth of the holders is so, well, deep, that unless the holder is entirely full (it takes nine) the remotes keep tipping over sideways and sliding down the back of it. Really annoying. Especially when you have to tip the lot of them out to get to the one that's fallen over.
Even my Virgin Media Tivo remote (which is really bulky) will tip over sideways unless it's wedged in by other remotes.
Otherwise, extremely well made, very sturdy and swift delivery.

ClipperBox - Attaches to existing garden shears to collect clippings
ClipperBox - Attaches to existing garden shears to collect clippings
Offered by Eden Tools Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing., 25 July 2016
What a great idea, I thought. Drives me mad when I edge the lawn and then have to collect up all the bits that I've cut.
So when I saw this, I rubbed my hands together with glee. That'll save my back!
Unfortunately, my lawn is surrounded on three sides with paving. And unless I dig a really wide edge around it, (which is bound to have me falling down the resulting chasm) I can't use this gadget on those three sides. Very disappointed, but they work well on the one edge that's against the garden border.

Andrex Gentle Clean, Puppies on a Roll Toilet Tissue Paper - 45 Rolls
Andrex Gentle Clean, Puppies on a Roll Toilet Tissue Paper - 45 Rolls
Offered by Curated-UK Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat emptor., 25 July 2016
Being sold as one of Amazon's Deals of the Day, the price seemed good at 27p per roll, so I bought 2 x 45 rolls.
Andrex. What can go wrong?
Bitterly disappointed in the quality of this. You need to use twice as much tissue as normal because it's so thin.
Not such a bargain after all.

Game Of Thrones Full Cast Signed Autograph Signature A4 Poster Photo Print Photograph Artwork Wall Art Picture TV Show Series Season DVD Boxset Present Birthday Xmas Christmas Memorabilia Gift (BLACK FRAMED & MOUNTED)
Offered by Mounted Gifts

Self Adhesive flashing - Soudal Butyband Flashing Tape 10m x 150mm
Self Adhesive flashing - Soudal Butyband Flashing Tape 10m x 150mm
Offered by Virtual Plastics

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 25 July 2016
I had a new shed roof put on which has guttering around it. The 'builders' failed to make sure that the water from the roof actually went into the gutter, and I watched in dismay as the water ran down the outside back wall of my brick shed missing the guttering completely.
Enter Soufal Butyband flashing.
Absolutely right for the job. Reasonably priced and fairly easy to put on.
I'd looked at self-adhesive lead flashing but the price made me reach for the smelling salts!
Only one small criticism - some fixing instructions would be helpful for someone like me who sees DIY as Don't Involve Yourself.

JETech® Gold Slim-Fit iPad Smart Cover Case for Apple iPad 2 iPad 3 iPad 4 (2014 Version with Built-in Stand and Front/Back Protection and Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature) (iPad 2/3/4, Dark Grey)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 25 July 2016
The most annoying thing about Apple products (apart from the outrageously high prices) is their tendency to keep introducing new versions of the same item. Of course, all the power leads are different, the shapes and sizes of the new products are different and on and on it goes. So if you buy one of the new iPads, it means getting rid of all of your old leads, docking stations, covers etc etc. Infuriating and it becomes just too expensive to replace everything.
I've had my iPad2 for about 5 years now, and there's nothing wrong with it. I bought a chrap cover/case which has now bitten the dust, so was looking to replace it without the high cost.
This cover is just the ticket.
While hardly cheap at almost £9, it IS still a darned sight cheaper than an Apple-made one.
This is perfect and at less than half the price. It does what it says. Light-weight, sturdily made and just what I wanted.
I also have a JTech iPhone 4 cover which is almost 2 years old and without any sign of wear and tear.
Swift delivery, excellent products.

Amzdeal® Waterproof Easy Folding Pet Car Seat Carrier / Car Booster Seat for Dogs Cats Animals - 40x30x25cm, Oxford Cloth (1 Green)
Offered by SuperStore2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Really not fit for purpose., 7 Jun. 2016
I'm really disappointed with this.
Although I only have a small car (Vauxhall Corsa) this is too small for the front seat. Even with the strap (that fits around the headrest) open to maximum length, the seat, when used as a cover, doesn't actually fit on the seat but is half way up the seat back.
This leaves parts of it scrunched up, sticking out and in the way of the handbrake.
The nylon that it's made from has it sliding all over the place when I manoeuvre (however slowly I'm travelling) and my dog hates it. He slides about with it. So much so that he now won't get into my car. Not impressed.
I suppose you get what you pay for, and perhaps that explains why it's illustrated using a toy dog instead of a real one.
A shame because the concept is good but more thought and detail needs to go into the actual fabric used & the manufacture of it. (ie, non slip on the underside of the base & longer straps).

BORDER TERRIER PVC CREDIT CARD TORCH for your keys, handbag or wallet. Ideal Gift or Present
Offered by Car-Pets Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 4 Jun. 2016
This was a little gift for a friend. The first one didn't work so I contacted the seller. They were really good and immediately sent a replacement. However, the replacement didn't work long either so I was extremely disappointed. I gave up.
Very poor quality but excellent customer services

SET OF 50 HEAVY DUTY DUSTBIN LINERS BIN BAGS. REFUSE. 38 LITRE SIZE SACKS
SET OF 50 HEAVY DUTY DUSTBIN LINERS BIN BAGS. REFUSE. 38 LITRE SIZE SACKS
Offered by ANGEL ENTERPRISES-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not heavy-duty at all., 4 Jun. 2016
Plastic but hardly heavy duty. I wouldn't want to fill it up in case it burst or split.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20