Profile for Mrs. L. Thornley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. L. Thornley

Mrs. L. Thornley "Laura" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Hamsters For Dummies
Hamsters For Dummies
by Sarah Montague
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hamsters For Dummies (Paperback)
I have a few dummies books and this one is as good as the others. Good lay out with easy to read and understandable text.
Knowledgeable content, can ignore americanisms and pictures are fine in black and white. To me the info is more important.

Big Cat Studio
Big Cat Studio
by Dr Bhagavan Antle
Price: 9.19

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely images, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Big Cat Studio (Paperback)
Lovely images of beautiful cats. Can see lots of detail and get a sence of character/personality.
Can look in depth or quick to flick through instead.
Inspires to visit the centre but dont think Ill make the US in the next couple of years! Booo!

Guinea Pig (Collins Family Pet Guide) (Collins Famliy Pet Guide)
Guinea Pig (Collins Family Pet Guide) (Collins Famliy Pet Guide)
by Peter Gurney
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 26 Jan 2013
Very informative and easy to understand. Simple language used. Good layout and chapters. Helpful tips.
Lovely colour photographs.
Would recommend.

BabyDan Nursing Pillow (Tarok)
BabyDan Nursing Pillow (Tarok)
Offered by BabySecurity
Price: 34.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but more beads please!, 18 Jan 2012
Good shape and size but could benifit from more beads. I find that the beads tend to gather at the corners insead of staying in the middle. This causes the pillow to be less firm and changes the babys position or he sinks a little. This causes me to lean over or move my son while he's feeding.

Overall a good pillow but could improve slightly.

Natural Kingdom: Killer in Peril [DVD] [2010]
Natural Kingdom: Killer in Peril [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ TVF International
Price: 16.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 8 Oct 2011
Good, informative DVD, just a bit short at only an hour.
I understand that this is due to the DVD being from a series so i'ts not a huge problem and I knew this was the case when I brought it.

I think the whole series would be interesting to watch but to be honest I'm not willing to spend what it costs to buy the episodes one by one. An option to buy the whole set at a discounted price would persuade me!

The Lazy Girl's Guide To A Blissful Pregnancy
The Lazy Girl's Guide To A Blissful Pregnancy
by Anita Naik
Price: 8.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab read if you want to dip in and out., 25 Aug 2011
A good book for simple to take in info. Plenty of tips and hints, which are written in short bites.
If you want a normal sized book with all the info, then this is the one you want.

However, it has no pictures and the info isnt detailed or elaberated on. Fair enough though because atherwise the book would be bigger!

I have a friend who wants a book with all the info in but thats isnt huge so this will be going to her. I prefere the more detailed ones.

Killer Whales (Worldlife Library Special)
Killer Whales (Worldlife Library Special)
by Robin Baird

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info and pics., 25 Aug 2011
Good book with good info, although being an avid Orca fan, I learned nothing new.
Some lovely pictures and a good lay out.
Although the info wasnt new to me, it didnt stop me enjoying it and it is well written.
The pictures are lovely and show lots of different behaviours.

The Day-by-Day Pregnancy Book: Comprehensive Advice from a Team of Experts and Amazing Images Every Single Day
by Maggie Blott

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Aug 2011
Fab book, very informative and fab pics.
Easy to follow, with tips and helpful info as well as whats happening to your baby and you.
Great scan images of the baby for every day.

Some of the days can be a bit irrelevant, one was all about having twins, I'm not so no info for me that day. Could have done a seperate page for twins. This doesn't happen often though so not a massive problem.

All round, a very good book.

Trixie Slow Feed Bowl, 0.9 L, 23 cm
Trixie Slow Feed Bowl, 0.9 L, 23 cm
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 19 July 2011
This bowl is fab!
When using wet food or a mix of wet and dry food its great. Took my collie cross twice as long to eat!

Now I use only dry food with some pasta/rice its still difficult but not as much. I got round this by using a small amount of Dog gravy and two (new) golf balls.
I've seen a simillar bowl on the net, which apart from being ceramic is pretty much the same thing for about 40. The bowl and golf balls are much much cheaper!!!

It does slide on the floor a bit but if the point of having it is to slow down your dogs eating then I dont see a problem?! I place it in a corner then it only moves side to side a bit.

Safe and Sound with Child and Dog
Safe and Sound with Child and Dog
by Dagmar Cutka
Price: 9.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, could have been more new baby based though., 19 July 2011
I did like this book, it has loads of colour images, is easy to read and understand and was learner friendly.

However, I did want more information on preparing the dogs and bringing a new baby home.
Although there is some info about this topic, it could have been more indepth.

I did get a couple of other books on the Children/Dogs topic and some of the info was different to the advice given in this one. I'm not suggesting that this book is wrong (I'm putting it down to the personal beliefs of the authors), just be aware that there are differing opinions on the subject and more research is advisable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5