Profile for G. Meikle > Reviews

Content by G. Meikle

G. Meikle "Presentation doc." (Hampshire, uk)

Everyone Agrees with Tom! . and They Want Some of What Tom Has: Happiness, Success, Great Relationships
by Ross Page
Price: 9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars How TOM helped be be more effective and happy, 14 July 2011
I want to share with you a great little book that I recently finished reading. It's called "Everyone agrees with TOM" and its written by Ross Page.

I was prompted to buy this book after meeting Ross at a recent Professional Speaking Association meeting up in London. Ross is a lovely Aussie man with a passion for helping people find happiness, success and great relationships.

Through the medium of a childishly simple but immensely memorable story Ross teaches us the key principles for leading a better, more fulfilled life. TOM is actually an acronym for the three key parts of Ross's model :

TRUST, OBJECTIVES & MOTIVATION

What really stands out for this book for me are its simplicity and clarity. Much of the content originates from the world of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). However unlike every other book on the subject I have read Ross has stripped out all the confusing NLP jargon and over-complicated detail leaving us with a simple yet immensely practical set of tools.

When you couple this with the innovative way in which Ross has woven these principles into a sensory rich story that uses powerful memory techniques to help the reader quickly memorize and assimilate the material you have a potentially life changing publication.

Read the book and get to know TOM. Build trust with the PEA model. Set inspiring goals using VISTA. Find motivation for yourself and others with the cute little WIFFU. Meet some of TOM's travelling companions including the lemon man, MAL and BJ. Improve your communication with the help of the Triple A Bridge. Change the way you perceive other people using the Behavioural Blender. Control you emotions using the Pause Button and give and recieve great feedback using What 4 Feedback. By the end you will clearly understand why the book is called "Everyone Agrees With TOM" and I hope you will feel as exited and enthused by it as I do.

Confidence the 7 Keys to Your Happiness
Confidence the 7 Keys to Your Happiness
by Eilidh M. Milnes
Price: 10.28

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little book with practical exercises, 9 Jan 2011
I read this book over the Christmas holidays and really enjoyed its no-nonsense advice. I particularly appreciated the clear layout and the practical activities associated with each section. The authors tone is friendly and supportive and her messages are brought to life through the inclusion of examples and stories from her clients experiences.

Philips HR1363 Hand Blender with Beaker and Chopper Accessory (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget blender, 20 July 2010
I bought this item to replace an underpowered and broken supermarket brand one on the basis of the reviews. It has exceeded my expectations. It's fast, powerful, quiet and easy to clean. The perfect combination of form and function. The chopper accessory works really well. A lovely pice of kit for a very reasonable price!

Wired--up Quality Leather Faux Case Pouch for Apple iPhone 3G - Black
Wired--up Quality Leather Faux Case Pouch for Apple iPhone 3G - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect iphone sase at the perfect price, 13 July 2010
I purchased this case to protect my iphone 3GS and was a bit sceptical given the bargain basement price however I have been delighted with this product. Mine was pure black leather with black stitching and looks very simple and classy. The iphone fits snuggly and is well protected without becoming too bulky. I've been using it for a few weeks and it still looks great. I can highly recommend this product.

The Talent Code: Greatness isn't born. It's grown
The Talent Code: Greatness isn't born. It's grown
by Daniel Coyle
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliantly accessible book on learning and skill development, 19 Jun 2010
I heard about this book from a friend and was intrigued enough to buy it for myself. It is well written and easy to read without oversimplifying the concepts the author is exploring. It looks at the existence of skill hotbeds and then looks at why these occur and in particular the relationship with deep practice. Anyone who is a trainer or educator or who is interested in how humans develop expertise should read this great little book

Terrapin screen protector 9.7 inch screen for Apple iPad 2/3
Terrapin screen protector 9.7 inch screen for Apple iPad 2/3
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly to apply, 10 Jun 2010
This is a pretty typical screen protector but I found it quite difficult to apply. The pre cleaning cloth supplied is far too small for this size of device. It does protect the screen but mine started lifting at the edges after a few days and there is no anti glare properties built into this one. I ditched it in the end and bought the official apple case which is excellent. I love the way it doubles up as a typing stand as well as protecting my device. Save your money and buy proper case.