Profile for N. Hegenbarth > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Casual, Tasty, Elegant Christmas Recipes
Casual, Tasty, Elegant Christmas Recipes

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 24 Oct 2014
A few scrappy recipes, not of any marketable value.
A few scrappy recipes, not o f any marketable value at all.

Simpkins Sugar Free Sour Cherry Gourmet Bon Bons 40 g (Pack of 5)
Simpkins Sugar Free Sour Cherry Gourmet Bon Bons 40 g (Pack of 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, neither cherry flavored nor sour., 11 May 2014
Dreadful, neither cherry flavored nor sour. I returned mine. Amazon refunded me but being food did not require their return. I put them out in the office for free. Everyone agreed - Neither cherry flavored nor sour.

niceeshop(TM) Colorful 7 Day 3 Times In-a-day Rainbow Pill Box Case Organizer
niceeshop(TM) Colorful 7 Day 3 Times In-a-day Rainbow Pill Box Case Organizer
Offered by niceEshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly cheap and they work, 11 May 2014
I bought one, it works well for my pills. You can take out a section or two for a day or two away from the main box. The hinges work, unlike some more expensive ones I have bought. They are big enough for lots of pills. Possibly not for enormous pills. I bought another for two-week holidays. You needn't use the seven 3-slot boxes for "days". I simply make some with an AM set in and some with my PM set in them. Very flexible in use.

VonShef High Quality 5kg/11lb Digital Electronic Kitchen Scale with Stainless Steel Bowl
Offered by Designer Habitat

1.0 out of 5 stars Tacky and Irritating, 28 Aug 2013
These are not the "High Quality" item the description says they are, they are cheaply made, lightweight.

If they worked well that would be no great issue perhaps for the price, but they are hard to get going, the buttons are hard to tap or press and often don't function. The scales turn themselves on at the slightest vibration, such as placing the kettle on a worktop nearby or the microwave running. However with all this touchiness, it is often hard to make them come on at all.

They are compact and have a useful bowl. If made better, and to work, they would be a nice set of scales.

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend

1.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere nearly as good as Adrian Mole, 5 July 2013
I have liked Sue Townsend's Adrian Mole books over the years. On the strength of that I read this book. I read and read, but nothing happened, I kept reading in case something happened, but all that did was it ended suddenly, surrounded by nothing happening. It is about a menopausal woman who has a paddy, that's all. In conclusion, it was time I could have spent better reading a different book. Adrian Mole, as embodied by Sue Townsend, is not a good novel writer, even if he does write engagingly cute diaries.

Sistema Klip It Single Microwave Soup To Go Mug, 656ml, Assorted Colours
Sistema Klip It Single Microwave Soup To Go Mug, 656ml, Assorted Colours

2.0 out of 5 stars Melts in Microwave? Leaks., 4 July 2013
This is a good sized mug with a lid, not waterproof for carrying, but OK if you keep it upright. The lockable lid is not useful in the same way that Lock&Lock boxes are, i.e. it does not make the cup entirely waterproof even when upside down. It does however stop you spilling soup when getting it out of the microwave, even if you get in a bit of a dither. They hold 656ml so there is plenty of leeway for even a whole tin of soup at 400ml. Nice colours.

The problem is, they are not truly microwavable. Just like any container made of this sort of material they will (just) stand boiling water but not boiling oil. Hmm, well what is oil doing in there then? you might ask. Well, even the slightest bit of fat in a soup will inevitably float on top, especially when heated, this boils, mostly at the edge - like when you see bubbles when you watch something in the microwave for signs it is ready - and damages the plastic badly. I have tried heating it less, but still a tiny line of bubbles appears around the edge and ruins the plastic. Inevitably one day it will get hot enough for this to happen. Another problem with plastic is many soups dye it red. You can get round this to some extent by choosing a red mug!

I bought three recently, all are stained and two are damaged at the edges. I note that two are damaged on the underside of the lid where presumably hot stuff has spattered onto it. I would add that I am not talking high fat soups here but the lowest calorie ones I can find which are inevitably vegetable based.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2013 8:15 PM BST

Rolson 61770 72 LED Camping Light
Rolson 61770 72 LED Camping Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright!, 4 July 2013
I bought this to read in bed as my partner doesn't like bright lights. I used to read using an Osram PL fluorescent battery light but that has died of old age. This one works very well indeed, and is too bright - in fact very bright indeed, it lights up a room, so I angle it down, having it in bed with me in front of the book! It is rubberised and so doesn't slip when balanced at an angle.

It would make a great and cheap camping or emergency lantern or a good inspection lamp, with various methods of hanging, or magneting onto surface using its three magnets. For me the hook is not needed but it is completely flat when folded down into the hook shaped slot at the back

It comes with batteries and is a bargain at under £6. If I could get something identical but half the size I would.

Sistema Soup Mug, 656 ml
Sistema Soup Mug, 656 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Melts in Microwave?, 17 Jun 2013

I would say that a 600ml ceramic or borosilicate glass mug with a large handle and a plastic lid of some sort placed over it, plastic so it is easy to get off without getting red hot, would be much more durable and being so large, difficult enough to spill without a locking lid.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Forest Feast Wholesnacks - Apricots 250 g (Pack of 6)
Forest Feast Wholesnacks - Apricots 250 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars I like these and will buy more, 21 May 2013
I was feeling a bit lacking in Potassium so I bought this set of bags of nibble-able dried apricots. Apricots: now, I find that some are far too dried and you have to soak them, which is fine if that's what you want. And some are to soft and squidgy. These are just right, chewy but not soggy. Oh yes, and not too sweet.

iD Cutlery Set - Ineke Hans
iD Cutlery Set - Ineke Hans

5.0 out of 5 stars These are very nice, 21 May 2013
This review is from: iD Cutlery Set - Ineke Hans
We had a canteen of mixed design cutlery by this maker from Achica and liked one particular set in particular; this one. I wanted another setting and only found it on Amazon.com and they won't send it to my address I eventually found out right at the end of the ordering process (some things they will, some they won't I have found). So I searched for it on Amazon.co.uk and lo! there it was, this one set, at a knock down price. So I bought it straight away. I don't think there are any more, you never know.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3