Profile for S. Seal > Reviews

Content by S. Seal

S. Seal "battlestarbeige" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Happy Beds Ortho Royale Double Orthopedic Mattress, 4.6 ft
Happy Beds Ortho Royale Double Orthopedic Mattress, 4.6 ft
Offered by Happy Beds

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Con - Orthopaedic my you know what!!, 1 Feb 2013
I bought this product a year ago and was unaware I could write a review so long after.

Myself and my partner have to live within our means. We bought this mattress due to its "orthopaedic" credentials - assuming we would get a firm mattress to replace or soft old mattress that was hurting out backs.

The mattress arrived, seemed firm on the first day but within a couple of weeks became very very soft. I phoned and spoke to the manager at the time - who said to me it needs a firm base beneath it to keep it supported.

I placed a plain wooden MDF sheet under it as advised, and there may have been a "psychological" difference for the first couple of days - but the softness of the bed was prevalent once again, once this placebo affect had passed.

The bed is SOFT and has given us nothing but back problems.

The manager (when I spoke to him at the time) said it was the unbranded version of a very good mattress manufacturer (the name of which I cannot now remember) and therefore I was getting £400 or so worth of mattress for the £160 or so we paid for it.

The mattress has an "orthopaedic" label on it.

I would argue both of these are a scam, the manager is very convincing and smooth talking - especially when talking about the volumes that Bed Express ship out every month - and that anyone who is considering buying this based on price be warned as I wish as I had but the old saying seems true and spot on...

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!

Utter rubbish - stay well away and don't end up with back ache like myself and my partner continue to do. It is clearly worth spending more on the right mattress for something as important as your health and back - our lesson has been learned the hard way (or the soft way - if you're talking about the mattress)!!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 12:31 PM BST

BlackBerry HDW-24206-001 Pocket Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 Series Handsets - Black
Offered by DeviceFun

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case!, 12 Jun 2011
I absolutely love this little case - took me a few days to get used to, now I cannot live without it... :0)

adidas Response Boxing Head Guard CE - Black - X-Large
adidas Response Boxing Head Guard CE - Black - X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons with this Head Guard, 12 Jun 2011
I like this headguard. It feels good. It offers good protection. It looks good. The leather is of a robust feel. The straps however that go around the head - couple of them have already come off. Would like to say it is because I over-stretched, over-tightened them - but surely a head guard designed and made for boxing should be more robust than that?

Lonsdale Men's Cyclone Boot Blk/Royal LMA229 9 UK
Lonsdale Men's Cyclone Boot Blk/Royal LMA229 9 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars My first pair - and good ones at that!, 11 Mar 2011
This is my first pair of boxing boots. They look great and are really well made. They look and feel durable. Overall very positive. Only problem is the amount of laces that have to be done up and taken off to get in and out of the boots. As a guy, not used to lots of lace boots - the first few times I wore them, this was a really big problem and headache. It took me 10 minutes to put on and 10 minutes to take off! However, the more you do it, the quicker you get and the more you get used to it. My advise is to take the laces out of the middle tab on the boot - to make taking them off and on easier. Also always totally undo the top three crossovers when taking them off - and keep all laces very loose after they are taken off, ready for next time.

Tyson: The Movie - Ultimate Knockout Edition [DVD]
Tyson: The Movie - Ultimate Knockout Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Tyson

4.0 out of 5 stars For Tyson & Boxing Fans!, 21 Nov 2010
A good documentary with a great insight into the mind of Tyson - really like the extras DVD with all his fights - great for watching Tyson in action and seeing the awesome motion & movement that made Tyson the boxer he was!

Good Food: Pasta and Noodle Dishes: Triple-tested Recipes: Tried-and-tested Recipes (BBC Good Food)
by Jeni Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Great simple straightforward recipe book!, 21 Nov 2010
Does what is says on the tin, well presented book, great pictures & illustrations inside - giving this as a gift and just the kind of book that makes for a perfect gift!

When We Were Kings [DVD] [1997]
When We Were Kings [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Muhammad Ali

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Boxing Documentary, 13 Nov 2010
This is a fantastic documentary that shows the chemistry and elements that had to come together to bring about one of the greatest boxing/sporting events of all time to life... As far as boxing goes, this is nothing short of epic!

Innocent: Building a brand from nothing but fruit
Innocent: Building a brand from nothing but fruit
by John Simmons

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Business Journey Book, 18 July 2010
I loved reading this book! Simple, straightforward, fun - great insight in to how an incredible brand was created!! 10/10

Ben Jerry's Double Dip: How to Run a Values Led Business and Make Money Too: Lead with Your Values and Make Money Too
by Ben Cohen

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Business Journey Book, 18 July 2010
If this book was more condense, better edited, with a bit more charm - it would have worked! Probably better for readers in the States - as relates better to US business and readership. Average

Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones
Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones
Offered by Smith & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these earphones!, 18 July 2010
Perfect for jogging and robust - strong lead - second ear hook set I have used by Philips - highly recommended!!

Page: 1 | 2