Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

W is for Wasted (Fethering Mysteries Book 23)
W is for Wasted (Fethering Mysteries Book 23)

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 15 Jun. 2014
I love Sue Grafton normally but this book dragged. It seems as if her publishers have said to her "write x-number of pages" and she's stretched a very predictable story to fit that number. I found myself skimming and, in the end, turning to the end - which I'd guessed (correctly) half way through the book. Disappointing.

The Marlowe Conspiracy: A Novel
The Marlowe Conspiracy: A Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY AMERICAN AUTHORS SHOULD NOT WRITE BOOKS ABOUT BRITISH HISTORY, 16 Nov. 2011
Some of the incidents in this book made me laugh out loud, e.g. Marlowe and Shakespeare having a meal in a "restaurant on a ship" (the Golden Hinde no less!). Restaurants were not really introduced to the UK until the 18th/19th centuries, and floating restaurants did not come along until the 20th. If you wanted to eat outside of the home in the 16th/17th century, your choice was limited to a local inn or tavern or a chop house. The book is poorly edited in that it is full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Not very good at all.

Postcard Killers
Postcard Killers

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A BORE!, 3 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Postcard Killers (Kindle Edition)
I normally love James Patterson but think he's gone off the boil of late. Although this book had an amazing and thrilling story, the quality of the writing was abyssmal. Character descriptions were sketchy, the story limped along until half way through the book - in fact it was so bad, I actually found myself skipping pages of irrelevant text which seemed to have been put in to boulster the story. Then it ended with such a rush. I can only hope that the poor writing was down to the co-author - I've tried to read Liza Marklund but found her books to be uninteresting and slow-moving. It's put me off reading James Patterson.

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
The Tudor period is my favourite period in history and I looked forward to reading this. However, the writing style is extremely strange and constantly changes from the present to the past tense - even within the same paragraph sometimes. The book is also full of stuff which is totally irrelevant to the story and is just annoying. I persisted with this until I had read about half and then just lost patience and put it down.

Ibiza - The Naked Truth. A Honest Travel Guide
Ibiza - The Naked Truth. A Honest Travel Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of space on your Kindle!, 8 July 2011
This is a complete waste of space - a five minute read with no really useful information about Ibiza. The Ibiza tourism sites on the internet are so much more informative. Real rip-off!