Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Kev" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Digital Portable red color Mini Speaker Music MP3/4 Player Micro SD/TF USB Disk Speaker FM Radio LCD Display by manufacture seller
Offered by Tcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound from a tiny device, 29 Sept. 2014
I bought one of these just for fun, always a sucker for a new boys toy. I was a bit sceptical about the claims made about speaker quality and I was wrong! It really does produce a loud, solid undistorted sound. It is obviously mono but it seems to have a stereo depth. I will use it in the garage and working outside and moving around the house.

It has a line-in and headphone socket. It scanned for radio channels and found the usual ones, not all perfect. All the BBC ones were perfect thankfully. The one thing you cannot do is adjust the tone of the sound.

it is a solid well made thing, a satisfying build quality, containing a rechargeable battery which it seems you can't access.

Bigen Men's Speedy Colour (Natural Black) 101
Bigen Men's Speedy Colour (Natural Black) 101
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy and not messy., 28 April 2014
Two tubes, squirt like toothpaste onto the comb applicator provided and comb into your hair. It takes 5 minutes! Of course you should do the recommended skin test first. On my short hair I get 3 to 4 applications - so 3 months! You can use just small amounts to touch up places like the side of your hair. Smells pleasant enough. No horrible ammonia smells.

You should wash your hair first and dry it. Then use the mix and then wash and condition as described in the instructions. As someone said use a dark towel. I use a face cream along the edges of the hairline to stop the stuff staining my skin. Vaseline would do. It does come off your skin if you wipe it off straight away - don't leave it on your skin otherwise you will get streaks and blotches of dye.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good, 13 Dec. 2013
I only gave it 3 because it is not exactly a revolution in coffee brewing. Its a great coffee gadget for coffee freaks like me. I use an espresso pot to make American style coffee using Colombian beans or whatever, not espresso. Each method has its advantages. This way does produce a clean, smooth brew with no sediment. It is good as people have said. But it does use twice as much coffee to make the same or similar cup that my espresso pot uses. So I will alternate as I like both styles. It is good to have if you are into coffee. Maybe twice the price it should be considering the materials but I dont really care about that.

HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit
HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a miracle cure, 17 Sept. 2013
I think that people should lower their expectations for this device. Like a lot of medical aids it might or might not help. The theory of Pulse Electromagnetic Field Therapy is sound and their is evidence that it works. I'm using it for my knee and I think it helps but not dramatically. On the other hand it does say its purpose is to speed up natural recovery and that's all. Like others I use tape or an elastic bandage to hold it in place. I'm guessing that it is not really very powerful and that is why it says you have to place the metal stud that presumably focuses the pulse directly over the problem area. I bought it because I know that PEMF can help but I'm not sure about the required power output needed. I just have to hope it is helping with the natural recovery.

Ronhill Men's Advance Windlite Jacket
Ronhill Men's Advance Windlite Jacket
Price: £38.18 - £44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 8 Aug. 2013
I didn't buy this jacket for running but for travelling and about town and on my bike. It's incredibly light and comfortable and my black version with red trimmings looks great too. The warm lined collar is a touch of class and does make a difference when zipped right up. I've got complete freedom of movement. Even the sleeves have been thoughtfully designed - half elasticated - below the wrist and slight longer above the wrist which somehow makes sense. On the back there is a Velcro patch for the LED thingy for runners (£6 extra) but even that looks like styling if you didn't know what it was for. It's true the pocket is just big enough for say 3 packets of paper handkerchiefs but that's because runners don't want weight. It packs up to nothing and is perfect for carrying in a rucksack or for holidays. All the runners reviews give it a thumbs up. It's actually a multipurpose jacket. Glad I bought it.

Bigen Men's Speedy Colour (Brown Black 102)
Bigen Men's Speedy Colour (Brown Black 102)
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and effective, 5 Mar. 2012
This hair dye is excellent - it takes 5 to 10 minutes. The downside might be that it contains all the PPDs which we are supposed to avoid and it might eventually make your hair brittle - but then those caveats apply to most hair dyes. You just mix the 2 creams onto the applicator. It's non drip. If you have short hair like me you can use it 3 times as you just mix enough from the tubes as required and the rest keeps. NO need to mix the whole lot. It covers grey 100%. I actually use Herbatint now and keep this for touching up the sides which are most exposed to water every time I wash my face and so lose the dye quicker than the rest of my hair. No nasty smells or residues. Use petroleum jelly to protect your skin - especially around the ears.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 4:45 PM GMT

Dr. Atkins' Vita-nutrient Solution: Your Complete Guide to Natural Health: Nature's Answer to Drugs
by Robert C. Atkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent evidence based advice, 5 Mar. 2012
The Jodi-Hummingbird review is exhaustive and needn't be repeated. This book was written just over a decade ago and I have checked just about everything he says about the usage and dosage and all recent evidence validates his 10 year old advice. I think people sometimes miss his advice to get proper blood tests first if you have a particular condition in order to check for any deficiencies. If you want to try DHEA for example you might be wasting your time if your level is OK. I discovered I have more than enough Thiamin at 500mg when I experienced the "Niacin flush" - harmless.

Our doctors have a problem with this kind of treatment. On the one hand my doctor suggested I change my diet slightly - eat fish, take Omega 3 fish oil etc for a high cholesterol reading (it worked!) but on the other hand showed no interest at all in other nutritional supplements as a way of maintaining health and combating chronic conditions. They all say the same thing - a health balanced diet and blah blah, ignoring all the evidence that shows most of us do not have a healthy balanced diet and so probably need to take certain supplements. This book gives you the information that a doctor will not. It would save the NHS a fortune if they followed nutritional treatments for many of our societies chronic conditions - obesity, diabetes, cholesterol to mention the obvious ones. Also they never suggest what Atkins and other nutritional doctors suggest when seeing old people for example my 82 year old mother still smokes (yes I know!) and she should be taking at least a basic multivitamin and health oil supplements plus probably Brewers Yeast but not even such common sense advice is recommended on any doctor's visit.

The great thing about this book is that it is also based on Dr Atkins own clinical experience in his own treatment centres, not just research and theory.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Price rise, 27 Feb. 2012
These come as capsules rather than tablets but are easy to swallow. This was a good price for an apparently good product at £10.95 but now time to look elsewhere.

Owl Cm119 Wireless Electricity Monitor
Owl Cm119 Wireless Electricity Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product for monitoring extortionate fuel costs, 18 Feb. 2010
Agree with the favourable product information. An excellent product. The LCD display doesn't seem to have a backlight and the LCD numeral technology is a bit old - letters and numbers are made up of lines, dots and dashes, not a true font. It's definitely cheaper to use a microwave for cooking!!

On another note, I don't see why people are congratulating themselves about "saving" electricity when all they are doing is reducing their lifestyles to absurd primitive levels because we are forced to pay huge, unjustifiable amounts of money for basic needs such as cooking, light, heating and hot water. While we are scurrying around measuring kettle water levels Gas and Electricity fat cats are laughing all the way to their very big bank accounts. Low income pensioners are having their lives and finances crushed by these prices. Come on, this is the 21st Century - we might as well be living in caves!

The Saint: The Complete Monochrome Series [DVD]
The Saint: The Complete Monochrome Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roger Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 5 Sept. 2009
I don't need to add to the comments which are all good, except to say that the video quality is so far excellent. Looks like they have been remastered. Many of the classic sixties series, not just the Saint, must have been written by masters of their craft. The plots, characters and dialogue are for the most part top-notch and believable and written by worldy-wise people who understood the psychology of behaviour. Even though everything is repackaged into an entertainment format with the inevitable cliches, stock characters and standard plots, it's all done with a sure hand and is written by adults for adults - unlike many modern series which are written by morons for morons with characters which are just plain silly. I think these earlier series are actually better than the colour series. Everything about these early Saint episodes is fresh and enjoyable - and I've never seen them before. I've only watched a few so far so I can't comment yet as to whether the standard is maintained!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2010 10:26 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2