Profile for Eliot Wien > Reviews

Content by Eliot Wien

Eliot Wien "Dean Wien" (New York City)

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother [Hillsborough Tribute Single 2012]
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother [Hillsborough Tribute Single 2012]

5.0 out of 5 stars International Awareness - Hillsborough Tribute, 27 Dec 2012
I'm from New York, USA and have been following the release of this single. Oddly enough, this song was not picked up by an American label. I ordered multiple copies from Amazon UK to give them out. Amazon UK shipped them to me in less than a week during the holiday season. I find that pretty amazing. I truly feel that The Hillsborough Disaster should be internationally known and supported by every country, so it never happens again. Whether it's a Futball(Soccer) Match, Baseball World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, or even Concerts, proper crowd control should be planned for every event. He Ain't Heavy should be released in the USA, and should be #1. Most artists on this disc are also known by everyone in the USA. - Cheers from New York, USA.

The Beatles  1962-1970
The Beatles 1962-1970

5.0 out of 5 stars Whatever Happened to?, 26 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Beatles 1962-1970 (Audio CD)
It's great to see all these reissues of some great Beatle Product, but whatever happened to the following reissues. I still think there should be 1 more volume to The Beatles Capitol Series box sets. Volume 3 should have Yesterday & Today with regular cover and Butcher cover, A Hard Day's Night soundtrack with the red cover and George Martin songs, The Beatles Story, and the US Revolver. I'd love to also see the following on CD.....Hey Jude(The Beatles Again), Rock and Roll Music, Love Songs, Reel Music with Beatles movie medley and Fab Four on Film as bonus tracks, The Beatles at The Hollywood Bowl (complete shows), and 20 Greatest Hits! How bout..The Beatles at Shea Stadium? I've heard some clear recordings of those shows. The Beatles Rarities both the Grey cover and blue cover combined in 1 CD. Every Christmas, I'm hoping that Capitol/Parlophone will release the Beatles Christmas Album with the original blue cover on CD and Vinyl. I'd put the following for bonus tracks...Christmas Time is Here Again(From Free As a Bird single), Happy X-Mas - John & Yoko, Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney, Ding Dong-Ding Dong - George Harrison, and a track from The Ringo Starr Christmas album. That would be a great Christmas release along with all the Beatles Christmas messages. IT's been a great 2010 for Beatle collectors with The Beatles catalog of CD's coming out in box sets and individually Mono and Stereo. We've seen the Apple Catalog reissues come out in a box set and individually, but would love to see more Apple Relases like The Pope Smokes Dope - David Peel & The Lower Eastside with John Lennon, Elephants Memory, Those Were The Days Album - Mary Hopkin, Maybe Tomorrow - The Iveys album, Ravi Shankar in concert, The El Topo and Come Together Soundtracks, the unreleased TRASH album and whatever else Apple has to release. It was also great to see The Collaborations box set of George Harrison and Ravi Shankar. I'd love to see another Collaborations box set by George Harrison and Splinter. Some of George's finest work was with the Dark Horse Records Group Splinter. Now that we've celebrated Apple Records, what about the celebration of Dark Horse Records with releases by Jiva, Henry McCullough, Attitudes, Five Stairsteps, Keni Burke, Ravi Shankar and anything else Dark Horse has to offer. What about Ringo Starr's labels...Ring'O Records/Wibble Records UK and Pumpkin Records with releases by David Hentschel, and Bobby Keys and all the other artists on Ringo's label? We've also seen the release of the John Lennon Box set, Double Fantasy Stripped, and the reissues of all the John Lennon albums individually along with a new collection of Lennon songs entitled Power To The People with and without DVD, and Gimme Some Truth 4 CD collection. We've also seen the release of Paul McCaertneys Band on The Run in many different formats like CD, Vinyl, Hard cover book with CD and DVD, and CD/DVD Package. We're definately looking forward to future McCartney reissues. Some other mentions are Ringo Starr's album Y Not with duet with Paul McCartney, The Beatles on Ed Sullivan dvd, LennoNYC dvd, Lennon Naked dvd, Who is Harry Nilsson dvd, and the US release of Nowhere Boy with the dvd coming out in the US early 2011. This has also been a big year for Beatle siblings like THE Lucy single by Julian Lennon, A new GHOST album by Sean Lennon, A Fistful of Mercy with Dhani Harrison, a new James McCartney released digitally....I recommend a CD and vinyl release. Beatle people like collecting product, not digital downloads, and we saw a new Plastic Ono Band with Yoko and Sean. I still believe we;ll see a lot more in 2011. Happy Holidays Beatle People! It's been a great year for Beatle Collecting......Oh yeah...What ever happened to the reissues of The Beatles albums on 180 gram vinyl?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2010 4:02 PM GMT