Profile for Mr. S. D. Marett > Reviews

Massive Black: 1
by Remillard
Price: 40.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably over priced, 10 Jun 2009
This review is from: Massive Black: 1 (Paperback)
I know art is subjective, but for me, this feels a little over-priced. The art work is very good, but not the best I've seen and again certainly not at that price. If this book was half the price it would have been worth more than 3 stars.

The DV Rebel's Guide: An All-digital Approach to Making Killer Action Movies on the Cheap (Peachpit)
by Stu Maschwitz
Price: 24.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Feb 2007
This is an excellent book for those new to filmmaking and those who are already in the industry (like myself).

Although you can tell the author is a big fan of Adobe After Effects the book isn't dominated by After Effects - there is a great chapter on Online Editing including some genuinely helpful insight into colour grading (or color correction!!).

The included DVD has some useful Excel calculators on it as well as After Effects project files, and also the authors own short movie - which he refers to in the book.

I can't recommend this book enough (I can't write decent reviews either, writing isn't one of my fortes I'm afraid :) ).

I give this book 5 stars.