Profile for Rosey Moon > Reviews

Rosey Moon (Scotland)

Neal's Yard Remedies Suncare Wild Rose Daily Moisture SPF 30 50ml
Neal's Yard Remedies Suncare Wild Rose Daily Moisture SPF 30 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good - once learnt how to apply!, 13 Oct 2012
I'd been looking for a natural facial sunscreen to replace the one I'd been using for for years, but had been discontinued. I've tried loads, natural & unnatural, and I wasn't happy with any of them. When I first got this I found it difficult to apply as it's quite powdery in texture. But I discovered that if you rub some between the palms of your hands to warm it up and then PRESS it into your skin, it's absolutely fabulous. I work outside & so it's important to me to have a facial sunscreen that I'm comfortable with. This has a matt finish, so it looks as if I'm wearing face makeup - which is a bonus to me. Love it.

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Eckhart Tolle

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do it for me., 1 Sep 2008
I read this book several years ago. Yes it is enthusiastic and easily accesible and very convincing BUT I don't believe it was written out of any profound knowledge nor from true enlightenment. I felt it was at best a simplified version of Krishnamurti's writings, which I may struggle with but find deeply insightful. So yes as an introduction to more sincere & profound spiritual writing it has it's place. Tolle does have a story to tell, but it is not that unique. There is a difference between simplification coming from deep wisdom and that from inexperience ( I guess the same can be said for more complicated texts too!) and knowledge truely lived and that which is just an exchange of words. Dissappointing considering all the hype, especially from circles, who in my opinion, should know better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2009 10:51 AM BST

Listen, Little Man! (Noonday)
Listen, Little Man! (Noonday)
by Wilhelm Reich

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favourite, 25 Aug 2008
I just love this book. Yes it is a frustrated & angry outburst at a society who just doesn't understand - but it is anger at it's most razor sharp, creative & cynical best. Forget the 'New Age' and enjoy the humour of a bitter soul raging against the machine.