Profile for Alandil > Reviews

Zanussi ZAN150A EasySteam Mop
Zanussi ZAN150A EasySteam Mop
Offered by BestBuyUk

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack of repairers for Zanussi Steam Mops, 20 Jan 2014
I bought a 'graded' Zanussi Steam Mop (not covered by guarantee and not worth cost of returning) which would have been everything I wanted in a steam cleaner - lightweight, easy to fill, light handheld section with enough attachments to be useful, quick start-up time and good chord length. The only downside was it didn't have the carpet attachment but that wasn't too important a consideration for me. However, on the very first use it didn't last long enough for even one clean - appeared to be faulty switch - light came on, starting heating and then zilch - dead. Had a local repair shop to look at it but he reported that it was the 'board' behind the front controller which he wasn't able to tackle. I then went online to try and find either spares for Zanussi Steam Mop or a local Zanussi repair shop but having no luck with either Zanussi themselves (steam cleaners not even listed on their website); umpteen web-contacts via email and made around ten phone calls I failed. I really would have liked to have got this steam mop working and even considered buying another one so that I could make use of a spare set of attachments on the first machine, but I'm reluctant to do that knowing that if something goes wrong with the next one I won't easily be able to get it repaired. I think I'll have to do more research for the next best one out there. I don't want to 'rubbish' the cleaner, but for customers to be aware of apparent lack of repairers for Zanussi Steam Mops/Cleaners.

Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt
Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt

2.0 out of 5 stars Returning, 6 Jan 2014
I'd already bought and use a Morphy Richards 1400 straight-forward no-nonsense steam cleaner. As I would like another steam cleaner for another house I have to clean, I decided, after much research, to go for another Morphy Richards but this time one with hand held steamer and attachments (9 in one). Unfortunately after just a quick trial, it's being returned. My original MR has a height adjustment which made the height fine for me (I'm not exceptionally lanky - just 5ft 6") but this 9-in-1 doesn't have that adjustment and is too short for me, making my back ache within minutes. Also I don't like having to keep my finger on the trigger to emit steam. It may be o.k. for young hands but with a touch of arthritis even in the short time I used it (15 mins top) my fingers were feeling sore. The water fill system is excellent and the tie-on pads were fine too, although I think the velcro'd system on the basic MR is easier and quicker. The attachments are far too fiddly so I think I'll just order another of the basic Morphy Richards 1400 steam cleaner.

Sport DirectTM Pink FlowerTM Children's Girls Helmet Pink 48-52cm
Sport DirectTM Pink FlowerTM Children's Girls Helmet Pink 48-52cm
Offered by Sports4ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential piece of kit, 5 Jan 2014
Our 7yr old granddaughter crashed on her first attempt at in-line skating and it's thanks to this helmet that her head came to no harm. She cried that she'd hurt her head, but it was only the impact of the hard polystyrene of the helmet she was feeling and not the concrete paving! I'd also recommend buying the wrist, elbow and knee protectors too - children too precious to risk not spending a few extra pounds.

SFR Cyclone Adjustable Inline Skates White/Pink Size 12-2
SFR Cyclone Adjustable Inline Skates White/Pink Size 12-2
Offered by Kates Skates

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Recommended, 5 Jan 2014
Bought these skates for 7 yr old granddaughter for xmas and she loved them. It took her around an hour to find her action but then she was away - well, until she crashed anyway! Luckily she was well protected with helmet, knee, wrist and elbow pads - all essentials if a child is learning to skate. Make sure they are secured properly - similar to ski boots.

Child Rose Pink Skating Gear Knee Elbow Pads Wrist Support
Child Rose Pink Skating Gear Knee Elbow Pads Wrist Support
Offered by Tcity

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 5 Jan 2014
Maybe not the most suitable for any extreme sport but for protecting against minor scrapes and scratches they do the job. Bought for our 7yr old granddaughter to use with her new inline skates and true to form she came a cropper. I was very happy she was protected by all these pads and also a helmet which certainly saved her. Would recommend.

Panasonic Canal In-Ear Stereo Headphones with iPhone Control and mic - Black
Panasonic Canal In-Ear Stereo Headphones with iPhone Control and mic - Black
Offered by Picsio

2.0 out of 5 stars Impractical, 5 Jan 2014
I bought these to be able to use the remote control - mainly for volume and skipping tracks. I didn't take into consideration that it had a mic which I suppose if I'd thought it out, has to be near the mouth. The remote is about 4 inches from your ear so you cannot see what button you're pressing. The last headphones I had with volume control were Sony and the control on those hung half way on the bottom section so looking at the buttons was no problem. Not sure if this Panasonic is design fault or my fault for buying the wrong thing, but what I do know is that having a volume switch where you can't see it is next to useless. The sound quality is ok though I tried to compare sound with the Apple Ipod Phones which came with the Ipod and I failed to discern any difference. However, Panasonic headphones were more comfortable with the buds. Maybe if you need these to use in conjunction with a phone they'll do the job but if you need them for volume and track control, my advice is not to bother.

Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Potato Masher
Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Potato Masher

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Masher, Great Price, 3 Jan 2014
I was looking for an old fashioned wooden handle metal masher but found them impossible to locate unless secondhand on ebay and even then going for silly prices. I decided to buy one of those silly 'L' shaped mashers which are next to useless and very uncomfortable to mash with. Next try was purchase of a non-stick plastic masher which again was a waste of money - couldn't get enough pressure on it to give any oomph! Saw this masher on Amazon which is based on the original wooden masher, at a good price and I am not disappointed. It seems solidly built with a comfortable handle. Four stars not Five because I think the holes may prove to be a little on the large side but the best so far ...........

Morphy Richards 720501 Multi-Floors Steam Mop with Microfibre Pads, 1400 Watt - White/ Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 19 Dec 2013
I didn't actually buy this from Amazon (sorry Am'zn) but I wanted to post review because I am pleased with it. It is easy to fill water tank and steam starts up around 30 seconds later. It cleans well (even better if you give the floor a quick spray with a diluted steam cleaner detergent before starting - gives a nice smell too) I think next time however, I'll look for one with a larger tank. This is o.k. for just the kitchen but if you want to give a freshen up to carpets around the house too, it will need another 2 fill-ups - not a major problem, just a niggle. I like the rectangular shaped pad as it's easier to use on stairs and along straight walls than the triangular shape on some models. The down sides are that I felt the lead wasn't long enough - had to be unplugged and re-plugged as I move from room to room and also the lead seemed heavier and less manoeuvrable than other steam mops. I tried the VAX Steam Mop with detergent and although the detergent part would have been a plus, the fact that the steam mop couldn't have been disassembled (as far as I could tell anyway) once it had been 'clicked' in and also the water tank had to be removed in order to fill which neither I nor my husband could do - (machine was returned). If you can buy the Morphy Richards at a reasonable price, I'd recommend it for a straight forward no nonsense 'dip your toe in the waters' machine.

Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent

2.0 out of 5 stars Will settle with the Morphy Richards Steam Mop, 19 Dec 2013
Opened the box and the first thing we realised was that if we had 'clicked' the handle into position, there didn't appear to be a way to disassemble item again should the need arise (I may have needed to take it in the car to another house to clean). Luckily we didn't bother testing that theory out. The next thing we tried was to remove the water tank in order to fill it - neither I nor my husband could get the tank off the cleaner despite following instructions which said to 'remove water tank'. At that point I decided not to go any further because if the cleaner was going to be that fiddly I didn't want to know and so I returned it. Amazon's service on returns is absolutely brilliant and cleaner was collected the next day. The Morthy Richards steam mop solves both above niggles - handle can come off machine when necessary and water tank is filled in-situ. It's also cheaper and very effective on the cleaning.

Ronseal DONCE4AV Decking Oil Natural Cedar 4 Litre +25%
Ronseal DONCE4AV Decking Oil Natural Cedar 4 Litre +25%
Offered by Super.Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars For us, Ronseal Decking Oil Is much better than Ronseal Decking Ttreatment, 12 Dec 2013
We laid decking in Spain 3 years ago. Wood was tanalised and we used Ronseal Decking Treatment on it which looked fine for the first six months. We re-coated with the same every six months but eventually, probably due to the intense heat in Spain, the decking treatment started 'glueing' up and peeling off in long strips, particularly on the uprights of the balustrading. We had no choice at this stage other than to use Decking Stripper to get the surface back to almost plain wood again. This was very time consuming and hard work. Having stripped it all back we found out too late that because the wood used for our decking was tanalised, which apparently due to being pressurised and therefore sealed, the wood was unable to absorb the decking treatment and so the treatment just sat on the surface eventually blistered and peeled in a short time time. Seeking advice, we were advised to strip the decking back which as I said, we did, and then painted two coats of Ronseal Decking Oil in Natural Cedar colour. Oil, being natural, is apparently absorbed by even tantalised wood. The painting on was very easy (once oil was poured into another container) and looked great at the end of it. We hope this will be the ideal long-term finish even though we will need to repeat the process of oiling on a regular basis.. However, I hope to update this review in another 2 years when we should know whether we've cracked the problem or not. Given 4 stars and not 5 because the pouring of oil out of tin is messy and needs a built in funnel of some sort.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9